Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:48 pm

Are record points total for a Premier League campaign is 55, achieved in both the 1992/93 and 2007/08 seasons.

We are now on 49 points after 27 games. The improvement at this club under Sheikh Mansour has been incredible, yes we have spent millions but we have had to spend to take the place where we belong back and catch up, competing with the top clubs at the top end of the table.

We are in for some very good times over the next decade and more.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Points

Postby Wooders » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:49 pm

yes, without it I could have foreseen many "delap is at COMS for a medical" type transfers threads this summer

Forza sheik mansour
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby irblinx » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:54 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:Are record points total for a Premier League campaign is 55

Is that the same as OUR record points total ;o)

I had some goof at work yesterday asking me "I'll bet you're really pissed of aren't you?", well no, we're half way through yr 2 of a 5 yr plan and we are up there in the fight for a champions league place after just one full transfer window since the takeover. I still have to pinch myself.

I would honestly be happy with a Europa spot this season as long as we fight all the way to the end, although I'd obviously be over the moon with 4th, but the fact that so many people would not shows just how far we've come in such a short space of time from when we started every season looking at how many points we needed for safety.
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Mancini is still averaging 2 points per game (6 wins + 2 draws from 10 league games).

If we project that foward, and we all know how our owners like projecting results, we will finish on 71 points. Average points needed for a 4th place finish is around 66 points so we are well on target.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby irblinx » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:56 pm

King Kev wrote:Mancini is still averaging 2 points per game (6 wins + 2 Draws from 10 leage games).

If we project that foward, and we all know how our owners like projecting results, we will finish on 71 points. Average points needed for a 4th place finish is around 66 points so we are well on target.

Odd that Hughes reckoned our target was 6th place AND 70 points at the start of the season, if your stat is right those two targets don't add up
irblinx

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:59 pm

irblinx wrote:
King Kev wrote:Mancini is still averaging 2 points per game (6 wins + 2 Draws from 10 leage games).

Odd that Hughes reckoned our target was 6th place AND 70 points at the start of the season, if your stat is right those two targets don't add up

True, if we got 70 points and only finished 6th we would be very unlucky! The average points needed for 6th place is only 60 points.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:00 pm

hughes said himself that it was 6th place with at least 70 points - so his real target was at least 70 points rather than 6th
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Jon London » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:00 pm

I would honestly be happy with a Europa spot this season as long as we fight all the way to the end, although I'd obviously be over the moon with 4th

Arsenal will lose at Stoke. We are going for the Title. Sod 4th.
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby irblinx » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:06 pm

Jon London wrote:
I would honestly be happy with a Europa spot this season as long as we fight all the way to the end, although I'd obviously be over the moon with 4th

We're still a few players short of that yet I reckon, we are always liable to losing against the Stoke's of this world, so 7 points behind at this stage needs Chelski, scum and Arse to all have a hellish dip in form and for us to start scoring freely. 4th is a realistic target (3rd if Arse drop off) but won't be easy as Villa and Spuds keep winning games and Scouse are hard to beat and have Torres coming back so they'll probably have a run.
irblinx

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Wooders wrote:hughes said himself that it was 6th place with at least 70 points - so his real target was at least 70 points rather than 6th

Think the target meant either 6th place or 70 points; presumably in case a few teams had great seasons & got more than 70 points, which was possible with Villa, Spurs, Scouse all in the frame.

I'll settle for us playing the rest of the season with the attitude we did in the 2nd half. If we miss 4th even 5th but play with that attitude I won't complain. If we miss 4th but play with the attitude we did in some of the other games however I'll complain quite a lot.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Chinners » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Jon London wrote:

Ha ha, good work.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby irblinx » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Think the target meant either 6th place or 70 points

Deffo not what he said
irblinx

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:29 pm

irblinx wrote:

Deffo not what he said

Cook said 'or' in the interview I heard.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Florida Blue » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:31 pm

irblinx wrote:

Deffo not what he said

Irb...get a grip, MH is a red. Reds have no concept of numbers (though they do understand debt) or time (especially at home). Who gives a f*** what any Red said or thinks? ;)
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Return to The Maine Football forum