Did you read Lawro?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Did you read Lawro?

Postby aristation » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:30 pm

You have to be careful what you wish for sometimes because City brought in new boss Roberto Mancini when they sacked Mark Hughes but the Italian has made no difference. It is a worrying time for City and to compound things they don't look threatening in front of goal.

To quote Mr Bellamy

"nothing surprises me about that guy. Everyone in football knows what he's like".
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Re: Did you read Lawro?

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:38 pm

It will be interesting to see what the twat says about us on MotD. No doubt he will be pissed off that we won;t be shown during the closing credits as usual!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:46 pm

King Kev wrote:It will be interesting to see what the twat says about us on MotD. No doubt he will be pissed off that we won;t be shown during the closing credits as usual!

For once I'm really looking forward to MotD! Agree, will be very interesting, bet they spend most of the post-match discussion talking about what it means for the Rags.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:48 pm

HIM AND MERSON REALLY OUGHT TO HIDE UNDER A ROCK AS IM NOT SURE WHICH ONE IS MORE FUCKING STUPID THAN THE OTHER WHEN IT COMES TO ANALISING TEAMS AND PREDICTIONS.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:27 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:
King Kev wrote:It will be interesting to see what the twat says about us on MotD. No doubt he will be pissed off that we won;t be shown during the closing credits as usual!

For once I'm really looking forward to MotD! Agree, will be very interesting, bet they spend most of the post-match discussion talking about what it means for the Rags.

This or they will say it was the red cards that helped us.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

Yeah, think the papers will focus on that too. Skytext had some bollocks headline along the lines of "City beat 9-man Chelsea". But they were well beaten already at 3-1 when they got the first red.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:36 pm

The red cards made no difference but them having no goalkeeper certainly helped.After they scores I suspect most City fans were wondering what the hell as going on as we had show no desire to attack at all. Typical Tevez work woke us up and from there we played really well.

That's what I expect to be said on MotD but I expect emphasis will be out on how out of sorts and tired Chelsea were.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

Yeah, think the papers will focus on that too. Skytext had some bollocks headline along the lines of "City beat 9-man Chelsea". But they were well beaten already at 3-1 when they got the first red.

Yeah we know that but you know what them dick's on MOTD are like.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:24 pm

This is the first time in ages that I've missed Lawro's predictions. I'm really sorry.

What did he predict ?

Anyway wgaf . we won.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sandman » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Ha, I wonder why he missed match of the day?
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:39 am

mr merson predicted

People will talk about John Terry and Wayne Bridge in the build-up to this match, but at the end of the day this is a game of football.

Put it this way, you're not going to see them fighting each other on the half-way line. It might be a bit more awkward if it was a centre-forward against a centre-half, but Bridge and Terry will probably only come into contact at corners.

I do think all the controversy is affecting Terry. I saw him struggle against Everton, he got away with two massive mistakes against Wolves and he was all over the place against Inter. There's obviously a lot going on in his head.Paul Merson

I haven't seen Bridge lately, but I was very, very, very surprised to hear him give up on England. I know he's going through a lot of pain at the moment but time's a healer and it could all move on in two or three months. This decision means he might miss out on winning the World Cup with England.

Beyond that sideshow, this is a massive game for Manchester City. They've gone out of the FA Cup and fighting for fourth place is all they've got left now.

But they've only won one of their last 11 away games - plus the FA Cup loss at Stoke - and that's shocking form. If I'm honest, I don't think this team is that great.

Many years ago Blackburn bought the league by spending loads of money on the best players, but you can't do that now. There's a lot of strong clubs and City will need time to get a team in place. I think it will be difficult for them to get in the top four so quickly.

And I don't see them getting anything out of a much better Chelsea team who are very strong at home.

Ashley Cole and Petr Cech will be missed and I remember they blew the league a couple of years ago when Cech and Terry got injured. Chelsea's squad is bigger and stronger than anybody's, but certain individuals will make a difference. Cech is probably worth four points between now and the end of the season.

I still reckon they'll be too strong on Saturday though and City will slip a little further behind in that race for fourth.

PAUL'S PREDICTION
Home win - If you've got an away record like City have then you're always going to be up against it at Stamford Bridge. They probably need to sit back, but I can't see Chelsea failing to score and I think the home team will win comfortably. I'll go for 3-0.

MERSON'S MAGIC MAN
Didier Drogba - He's a big player and even though he didn't do a lot against Inter Milan on Wednesday night I expect him to raise his game here. He's been flying in the Premier League and should cause City lots of problems.

TOSSER
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:11 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:HIM AND MERSON REALLY OUGHT TO HIDE UNDER A ROCK AS IM NOT SURE WHICH ONE IS MORE FUCKING STUPID THAN THE OTHER WHEN IT COMES TO ANALISING TEAMS AND PREDICTIONS.

Should think Lawro's much better at analising.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby everyonehatesus » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:07 am

Both of them are pricks of the highest order.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Return to The Maine Football forum