Smiling Bellamy wants top four finish

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Smiling Bellamy wants top four finish

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:58 pm

Craig Bellamy believes anything less than a top four finish will now be a huge disappointment for the Blues.

The Welsh international scored two second half goals in a magnificent 4-2 win at Stamford Bridge and afterwards dismissed the notion that all was not well behind the scenes at City.

Bellamy shared the four goals with returning Argentina striker Carlos Tevez as Roberto Mancini’s men emphasised their pedigree and kicked on in the race for a precious Champions League slot next term.

“It is business as usual for us,” declared Bellamy who will skip this week’s internationals as he protects his knees. “We are trying to get the club into fourth spot.

“That is the objective; that was the objective at the start of the season and still is. With the quality of the players that we have, I feel we have to finish fourth. Anything else would be a very disappointing season.

"The win at Chelsea was a big, big
result for us"

"We have not been playing particularly well recently but when we got going we showed we can counter-attack well, we got closer to Carlos Tevez and played much better.

“Every day we come into training we work hard. At the end of the season we want to be in the Champions League.”

For Tevez the game marked the end of four matches away from the side whilst tending for his prematurely born daughter back in Argentina. He admitted it had be a taxing time for him but his smile told the story of a happy man.

“My week has been very difficult but it has ended well,” grinned the leading goalscorer.

“I like playing against Chelsea, I have a good record against them and this was a big result today for City,”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Smiling Bellamy wants top four finish

Postby halnone » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:14 pm

anything below 4th right now would be terrible for our short term future imo.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:19 pm

I love the guy. He's passionate, committed, ambitious and I would always want him on my side.

I can't understand why some City fans are so ready to hate him, calling him a 'horrible cunt' etc when rumours of the bust up came out. Incredible.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:49 pm

With players like Bellamy and Tevez playing on form for us we have a good chance of getting top 4 this season. We need to build on the Chelsea result and put a winning run in to the end of the season beating the 'lesser' teams aswell as those around us. Hopefully today will give the players the belief that we can make top 4.

A great day to be a Blue.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Feed The Goat » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:50 pm

Cos he is a horrible cunt however now he is our horrible cunt.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:17 pm

King Kev wrote:I love the guy. He's passionate, committed, ambitious and I would always want him on my side.

I can't understand why some City fans are so ready to hate him, calling him a 'horrible cunt' etc when rumours of the bust up came out. Incredible.

You said it all here mate, agree totally with you.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:29 pm

Gotta' love the Bellers!
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:15 am

King Kev wrote:I love the guy. He's passionate, committed, ambitious and I would always want him on my side.

I love the guy so much that I actually said Mancini should fuck off when the rumours came out hahahaha
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby john68 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:48 am

Bellamy...fucling loser!...he wants 4th.
We ARE 4th...Its ours to lose.
We should be aiming higher.

Still luv him tho.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Return to The Maine Football forum