Spirit was the key to humbling Chelsea reckons Mancini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Spirit was the key to humbling Chelsea reckons Mancini

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:00 pm

Roberto Mancini hailed his side’s commitment and spirit after they sent Chelsea crashing 4-2 at Stamford Bridge.

The Blues boss purred with contentment after his side took full points from the fixture for the first time in 17 years.

Two goals each from Carlos Tevez and Craig Bellamy sealed a magnificent victory and blew the title race wide open but despite coming from behind to beat the title favourites on their own patch Mancini insisted the Blues had played better at Stoke in the midweek FA Cup exit.

“This was not the best performance under my management, that was at Stoke and we lost,” he smiled after getting the better of countryman Carlo Ancelotti.

"We dominated that game but we didn’t do so in this one."

"We concentrated well and squeezed the
space that we allowed Chelsea when
they attacked. The first half was
tactical and we played well in the
second half"

Victory completed a rare league double over Chelsea for City – the first since 1957 – and re-established the side’s credentials to be the favourites for fourth spot in the Premier League.

“We showed great spirit and great commitment after what happened to us at Stoke,” declared Mancini.

“It was fantastic that we won because it was important for the three points, for the table, for the mentality and for the future as we battle to finish in the top four.

“Wayne Bridge coped well with everything that happened and Carlos Tevez was tremendous. In fact if he plays like that he can go back to Argentina every week and come back before the game!” smiled the manager.”

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Spirit was the key to humbling Chelsea reckons Mancini

Postby halnone » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:13 pm

I think having tevez was the key...
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Spirit was the key to humbling Chelsea reckons Mancini

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:34 am

In fact if he plays like that he can go back to Argentina every week and come back before the game!

Absolute quality quote!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Return to The Maine Football forum