MOTD

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

MOTD

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:40 pm

IMO not enough credit given to City at all. Did we not score 4 and end Chelsea's long unbeaten home record??

Apologies if already covered.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Re: MOTD

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Hansen said we were awful for the first 44 minutes, don't agree with that.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:Hansen said we were awful for the first 44 minutes, don't agree with that.
We weren't great but we certainly weren't awful!

Why do they have to focus on the negatives?? We are the first team to beat Chelsea for 100 years, we are the first to score at Stamford Bridge for 400 years but they want to talk about the first 44 minutes!??

Cunts
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Oh, and the top 4 now seems to be a top 3!
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:00 am

I am really starting to hate MOTD... I was SO looking forward to this and then they spent all this time talking about Bridge and Terry and then analyze how shit Terry was and do not spend a minute talking about how good we played in the second half.

In all fairness Hansen said in the 2nd half we could have had 5.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:00 am

Bojinov's left foot wrote:IMO not enough credit given to City at all. Did we not score 4 and end Chelsea's long unbeaten home record??

Apologies if already covered.

And it didn't even get a mention...fuckin joke.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:25 am

Sauce for the goose, lads.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby JonnyAsh » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:38 am

And at the end of season review when 4th place is achieved, it will all be about how the Scouse have imploded, no credit to us, we have to get used to it and earn respect the hard way
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:02 am

I didn't hear one word of credit on the radio either, yet when Everton scored 3 utter fluke goals to get a stuffy point there a few weeks ago, the communal wanking session that followed was worse than on Bluemoon when they thought we'd signed Kaka.

I don't give a shit what some people on here say about paranoia etc; we are definitely not getting an even handed deal from the media. Imagine if the rags had scored 4 there today, would anyone be talking about Chelsea being shite?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john68 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:12 am

If your expecting any of the TV companies to give city any credit or respect, you'd better pack a lot of sandwiches, cos you'll be waiting a long time.

I have mentioned before that when we won the League in 1968, the MOTD cameras were at the swamp and we were ignored.
nowt has changed.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Spurge » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:56 am

Don't forget this is the same BBC that gave George Best a 'lifetime achievement award' in Sports Personality of the Year awards - a better example of somone less desrving of such an award you will not find.

More recently on 5 Live they had someone on from the News of the World and took the moral high ground with him for continually making Cherly and Ashley Cole headline news and it was then pointed out by a listener that 5 Live themselves had the this as their leading story on their news bulletin not an hour before!

So lets be clear here, the BBC, who like think of themselves as an unbiast quality boradcaster are nothin more than a bunch of arse licking hyporcrites and we really shouldn't be surprised or indeed bothered about what they do or don't say in my opinion
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Patrick » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:57 am

The final summary mentioned everything apart from city beating chelsea!

I was gobsmacked
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:18 am

john68 wrote:If your expecting any of the TV companies to give city any credit or respect, you'd better pack a lot of sandwiches, cos you'll be waiting a long time.

I have mentioned before that when we won the League in 1968, the MOTD cameras were at the swamp and we were ignored.
nowt has changed.
Am I right in saying that our ECWC victory was pretty much ignored by the British press too? I seem to recall being told that the scum had won something (a corner?) and all the back-pages were about them?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bluej » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:20 am

Patrick wrote:The final summary mentioned everything apart from city beating chelsea!

I was gobsmacked

Me too - I thought they were just saving it until last because it was the biggest result of the day but they just didn't say anything.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:21 am

Dont you lot know that it must have been Chelsea/JT's fault, not City playing well?

Dont you know that strangling Chelsea at home for the first 40 minutes with barely any threat from them is not an achievement?

Dont you know that we haven't (sorry hadn't) scored at Chelsea for x hundred minutes?

Dont you know we haven't (sorry hadn't) done the double on them since 1957?

Funny thing is that apart from this inbred failure to recognise us, there is a pervading feeling that City are unstoppably on the march, and journalists were expecting a decent contest yesterday (unlike us!). When they talk of who teams still have to play, City now always get a mention. It's slowly coming.

If only we could rid TV punditry of the red mafias and put in a few of our old lads, but that's one of the penalties of 30 years of crap.

But tick tock.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Wooders » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 am

this is the same bbc that has finally managed to make a decent radio station in 6music and then choose it to be the one they close down to cut costs
add to that the recent friday night telly slot at 9 o'clock on bbc 2 being a programme about thatching fucking roofs

bunch of cunts imo I'm seriously considering fucking off paying the liscence fee at the mo because BBC are the worst channel/programme maker out of all of them

fuck I hate the BBC
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby sandman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:59 am

I was actually very impressed with the BBC's coverage of the match, I half expected them just to show the handshake that never was, undeservedly slag off bridge, show the goals, show some missed shots by chelsea, blame the ref for sending two players off for the wrong side, mention the word "millions", then sum it all up by saying we got lucky and Chelsea are hard done by.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:03 am

sandman wrote:I was actually very impressed with the BBC's coverage of the match, I half expected them just to show the handshake that never was, undeservedly slag off bridge, show the goals, show some missed shots by chelsea, blame the ref for sending two players off for the wrong side, mention the word "millions", then sum it all up by saying we got lucky and Chelsea are hard done by.
I think the only reason they avoided that particular cliché is because Chelsea's team actually cost more than ours.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:04 am

Fella's, fella's, fella's. We were up first again which we are regularly nowadays. Remember the days when we used to get the finishing slot where we got about 2 minutes air time and even less punditry?

The times are a'changing my friends and so will the pundits. Praise the day when we have an ex-City player permanently on Soccer Saturday and hosting MotD.

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mr_nool » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:04 am

The post match interview with Shay was a fucking joke. Shay was professional and didn't want to talk about Bridge, but rather about us beating Chelsea, but the interviewer just kept putting a Bridge slant on every fucking question. I would've walked away if I were Shay.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum