Sunday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:11 am

Manchester City's Nigel de Jong gets stuck into John Terry row
The determination of Manchester City players to show a defiant face to John Terry at Stamford Bridge on Saturday had been planned for some weeks, according to midfielder Nigel de Jong.
'The Terry affair had a massive impact on our squad,' said De Jong, expressing his support for Wayne Bridge, whose former fiancee conducted an affair with Terry.
'You can bet we were up for the Chelsea game. Believe me, we are doing it for Wayne.
'There was no other subject to talk about. We all supported Wayne, of course, and said to him: "Don't say a thing about it. We'll deal with this".
'For the match against Portsmouth we all wrote "Team Bridge" on our T-shirts underneath. I did not have to think twice about that. That's a thing you do for your team-mate.'
But De Jong, speaking to Dutch magazine Sportweek, did unintentionally reveal the curiously warped moral code by which some players operate.
'You don't touch the wife of a team-mate,' he said. 'That really is a code in football. Doing something with the wife of a player from another club is something different, but what Terry did is not done. They used to share the same dressing room and they were mates.'
And as a parting shot, De Jong said: 'Wayne does not have to worry as much any more about the papers. They have a new victim with Ashley Cole.'

SURPRISING B*LL*X
Manchester City midfielder Shaun Wright-Phillips has crowned former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho as his favourite ever manager.
The self-styled 'Special One' is a surprise choice for the England international, whose chances at Stamford Bridge under the Portuguese tactician were limited during his three-year stay.
Despite making so few starts in Chelsea's 2005-06 season that he missed out on a place in Sven Goran Eriksson's 2006 World Cup squad, Wright-Phillips believes the lessons he learnt were invaluable.
"The training was geared towards the way players like to play," he told The Independent.
"It was amazing, quick, fast. If you needed to try things to make you improve it was always there in the session."
As well as appreciating Mourinho's coaching tactics, the 28-year-old credits the Inter boss with an honourable approach to man-management.
"Mourinho was good; a very good family man," said Wright-Phillips.
"If people had children and there were days we had to come in he would let you bring kids in and mess about with them while the training session was going on."
Wright-Phillips is currently adapting to playing under a new manager in the shape of Roberto Mancini, following the departure of Mark Hughes from Eastlands in December.
The City winger will not judge the two managers against each other - but he is in no doubt that Hughes made a positive impact at the club.
"Of course we were shocked," he said. "Everybody has different ways of managing. Mark Hughes managed the way he managed and we lost one game.
"Everybody manages differently and as far as I'm concerned the results are the only thing that counts."
City have now lost four games, and while Wright-Phillips admits they are having to adapt to his tactical changes, he is keen to praise Mancini.
And one area of his management that the Blues star is particularly impressed with is his willingness to give academy players like Dedryck Boyata and Abdi Ibrahim their chances.
"I hope they don't stop bringing all the young players through, because this place has a good record," he said.
"At Chelsea there were people underneath of a certain age who didn't get a chance and it could damage their confidence."

TRANSFER BOLLOX
David Moyes has warned Manchester United to keep their hands off Everton starlet Jack Rodwell. Sunday Mirror

West Ham will not stand in Robert Green's way if any of the Premier League's top four move in on the England goalkeeper. Sunday Mirror

Former Scotland international striker Paul Dickov will sign for League One side Leeds on Monday despite keen interest from MLS side Toronto. Mail on Sunday

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... ssana-alva

OTHER BOLLOX
Depressed Ashley Cole tells pals he may quit football after the collapse of his marriage to wife Cheryl Cole.
Sunday Mirror

Sunderland's Kieran Richardson should be considered for England's up-for-grabs left-back spot at the World Cup, according to his club manager Steve Bruce. Daily Mail

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill dismisses talk of him becoming the next Manchester United manager. Sunday Telegraph

O'Neill has ruled himself out of what he calls the impossible job, replacing Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United boss. Sunday Mirror

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is set for showdown talks with Spain coach Vicente del Bosque over his plan to play Fernando Torres in this week's friendly with France. Sunday Mirror

MK Dons are considering replacing manager Paul Ince with ex-Reading boss Brendan Rodgers. Mail on Sunday

Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric admits he feared he might never recover from his broken leg in August. News of the World

Defender Brede Hangeland insists he had no doubts about staying at Fulham and says he has been proved right by the club's stunning run in Europe. News of the World

A few loyal Accrington Stanley fans brought along their patio heaters to thaw out the pitch before their clash with Burton Albion at the Fraser Eagle Stadium.
(Sunday Express)

OBSESSED BOLLOX
Fergie takes swipe at Man City by hailing Richard Dunne 'buy of the season'
Sir Alex Ferguson has had another pop at rivals Manchester City ahead of today’s Carling Cup Final - telling the Blues they ­blundered by selling Richard Dunne to Aston Villa.
Manchester United knocked City out of the competition in the semi-final to set up a Wembley date with Martin O’Neil’s men. And Ferguson says the Villa boss pulled off the transfer coup of the season when he landed Dunne for £5million last summer.
Ferguson, speaking in the official match programme, said: “Martin has done a good job in a quiet way without spending a great deal.
“He has bought very wisely and signing Dunne is the buy of the season. £5m for him was outstanding business. Martin has done a terrific job. They are a professional, organised team and they have improved with the addition of Richard Dunne and James Collins.”
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Sunday's B*ll*x

Postby sandman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:22 am

Chinners wrote: Fergie takes swipe at Man City by hailing Richard Dunne 'buy of the season'
Sir Alex Ferguson has had another pop at rivals Manchester City ahead of today’s Carling Cup Final - telling the Blues they ­blundered by selling Richard Dunne to Aston Villa.
Manchester U***d knocked City out of the competition in the semi-final to set up a Wembley date with Martin O’Neil’s men. And Ferguson says the Villa boss pulled off the transfer coup of the season when he landed Dunne for £5million last summer.
Ferguson, speaking in the official match programme, said: “Martin has done a good job in a quiet way without spending a great deal.
“He has bought very wisely and signing Dunne is the buy of the season. £5m for him was outstanding business. Martin has done a terrific job. They are a professional, organised team and they have improved with the addition of Richard Dunne and James Collins.”

I HATE agreeing with that purplenose cunt!!
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby simon12 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:36 am

Shaun knows something we don`t
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:21 am

Chinners wrote:Manchester City's Nigel de Jong gets stuck into John Terry row
The determination of Manchester City players to show a defiant face to John Terry at Stamford Bridge on Saturday had been planned for some weeks, according to midfielder Nigel de Jong.
'The Terry affair had a massive impact on our squad,' said De Jong, expressing his support for Wayne Bridge, whose former fiancee conducted an affair with Terry.
'You can bet we were up for the Chelsea game. Believe me, we are doing it for Wayne.
'There was no other subject to talk about. We all supported Wayne, of course, and said to him: "Don't say a thing about it. We'll deal with this".
'For the match against Portsmouth we all wrote "Team Bridge" on our T-shirts underneath. I did not have to think twice about that. That's a thing you do for your team-mate.'
But De Jong, speaking to Dutch magazine Sportweek, did unintentionally reveal the curiously warped moral code by which some players operate.
'You don't touch the wife of a team-mate,' he said. 'That really is a code in football. Doing something with the wife of a player from another club is something different, but what Terry did is not done. They used to share the same dressing room and they were mates.'
And as a parting shot, De Jong said: 'Wayne does not have to worry as much any more about the papers. They have a new victim with Ashley Cole.'
Reading that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end!

Despite what certain camps want us to believe there is clearly a fantastic team spirit at City and that was very evident yesterday. If they all continue to stick together and watch each other's backs like this we can go far.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Feed The Goat » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:27 pm

sandman wrote:
Chinners wrote: Fergie takes swipe at Man City by hailing Richard Dunne 'buy of the season'
Manchester U***d knocked City out of the competition in the semi-final to set up a Wembley date with Martin O’Neil’s men. And Ferguson says the Villa boss pulled off the transfer coup of the season when he landed Dunne for £5million last summer.

I am not sure how or why you agree did you not watch Mr Dunne for the 2 seasons before we sold him he had become a liability. Don't get me wrong Dunnie is well loved and i appreciate what he did in his time at the club but he would of been shit for us again this season.
This for me sums it up my mate says the other year Dunne was his teams top scorer. (Bolton)
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby sandman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:
sandman wrote:

I am not sure how or why you agree did you not watch Mr Dunne for the 2 seasons before we sold him he had become a liability. Don't get me wrong Dunnie is well loved and i appreciate what he did in his time at the club but he would of been shit for us again this season.
This for me sums it up my mate says the other year Dunne was his teams top scorer. (Bolton)

Are you taking the fucking piss? He won player of the season in 2007-2008?

His last season with us may not have been as good as the FOUR times he won the player of the season, but after one average season due to a few mistakes he has now got back to his best with Villa.

I agree with Purplenose because Dunne has already proven to be a phenominal signing for Villa and at around 1/5th the price of Lescott!!
sandman

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:17 pm

sandman wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:
sandman wrote:

His last season with us may not have been as good as the FOUR times he won the player of the season, but after one average season due to a few mistakes he has now got back to his best with Villa.

I agree with Purplenose because Dunne has already proven to be a phenominal signing for Villa and at around 1/5th the price of Lescott!!

The Dunne we sold was not a top 6 defender. At Villa, he has got back to his best and whilst not top, top class, he is a very good centre half. We were right to look to replace him, although I agree that neither Toure or Lescott look any better. It would have been nice if he'd stayed to fight for his place, but for whatever reason, that didn't happen. I'm pleased for Dunne and hope he gets a winners medal today, for many reasons, although as I'm typing this, he's just been caught in possession and given away the goal. Typical Dunne, I suppose
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sandman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
sandman wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:
sandman wrote:

The Dunne we sold was not a top 6 defender. At Villa, he has got back to his best and whilst not top, top class, he is a very good centre half. We were right to look to replace him, although I agree that neither Toure or Lescott look any better. It would have been nice if he'd stayed to fight for his place, but for whatever reason, that didn't happen. I'm pleased for Dunne and hope he gets a winners medal today, for many reasons, although as I'm typing this, he's just been caught in possession and given away the goal. Typical Dunne, I suppose

The quote that I agreed with before is that Dunne is a fantastic addition to Villa's squad. Which he is.

He has played better this season than Toure, Lescott, Zabaleta, Richards, Bridge and Boyata all have, whether he is good enough for the squad we aspire to be or not Villa have made fantastic business and their defence has been a big part of getting them to Wembley, even if they dont win the Pot!!
sandman

Postby ryanmjo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Chinners wrote:TRANSFER BOLLOX
David Moyes has warned Manchester U***d to keep their hands off Everton starlet Jack Rodwell. Sunday Mirror

Yes, because that worked so well with Lescott. I really do not like Moyes
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:59 pm

sandman wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
sandman wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:

The quote that I agreed with before is that Dunne is a fantastic addition to Villa's squad. Which he is.

He has played better this season than Toure, Lescott, Zabaleta, Richards, Bridge and Boyata all have, whether he is good enough for the squad we aspire to be or not Villa have made fantastic business and their defence has been a big part of getting them to Wembley, even if they dont win the Pot!!

We were still right to replace him. If he had carried on his form at Villa that he'd done for us, he would have been a poor signing for them, but he's got himself back to his best. Due to his early career lack of professionalism and reliance on pace, I don't see him playing till he's 35, but he should have another couple of seasons in the Premier League. Agree he would have been the best centre half of the ones you've listed, although bit harsh to name Boyata who's still a kid.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sandman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:18 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
sandman wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
sandman wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:

We were still right to replace him. If he had carried on his form at Villa that he'd done for us, he would have been a poor signing for them, but he's got himself back to his best. Due to his early career lack of professionalism and reliance on pace, I don't see him playing till he's 35, but he should have another couple of seasons in the Premier League. Agree he would have been the best centre half of the ones you've listed, although bit harsh to name Boyata who's still a kid.

Its harsh but a player is a player and the Premier League wont give us extra points for playing younger lads.

I personally would have kept Dunne until HE was ready to move on, however he would have had some time on the bench had we acquired a better option for a starting berth, as it turns out he would have played a lot of this season so far.
sandman

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:20 pm

ryanmjo wrote:
Chinners wrote:TRANSFER BOLLOX
David Moyes has warned Manchester U***d to keep their hands off Everton starlet Jack Rodwell. Sunday Mirror

Yes, because that worked so well with Lescott. I really do not like Moyes

He does it to push up players prices hes a slimy cunt.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:31 pm

I think it was probably the right time for Dunne to go both for him and City. He was a magnificent servant for the club but he did seem to be off his game towards the end with us. He has had a great season for Villa no doubt about it but then he goes and makes a big cock up in the final to remind us of the sort of thing we were getting all too often.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby gillie » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:46 pm

gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby HeyMark » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:13 pm

That was a good read, i'm becoming a big fan of these articles piers morgan writes
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:52 am

I don't agree with Fregiescum. Tevez was the signing of the season, followed by Dunne (due to his transfer fee)
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Return to The Maine Football forum