Wayne Bridge

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wayne Bridge

Postby sandman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:21 am

Was taken off so he could be away from the stadium before the end of the match.

My mates son was drinking last night with some chelsea fans who left early, they reckon they saw Bridge leaving the stadium in a Lincoln Navigator with about 5 mins still on the clock before the Paperazzi all got to the players exit.

Good to see Mancini protecting his player personally and good to see Bridge rising above all the conflict and not kicking the shit out of Terry like I would of done.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Re: Wayne Bridge

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:23 am

Well done to the club for protecting their player, it was the right thing to do IMO.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:25 am

Yep, fair play, Wayne's the innocent party in all of this - saddens me to hear all the brain dead comments coming from chelsea fans who I know
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:43 am

I thought the thread might be about his performance !

He played very well yesterday, perhaps one of the best he's had since coming to city. Although defensively we were brilliant yesterday.

Glad to see he got the round of applause at the end. I think he's been very badly treated by the press and he's handled everything exceptionally well.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sandman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:53 am

zuricity wrote:I thought the thread might be about his performance !

He played very well yesterday, perhaps one of the best he's had since coming to city. Although defensively we were brilliant yesterday.

Glad to see he got the round of applause at the end. I think he's been very badly treated by the press and he's handled everything exceptionally well.

Totally, I sincerely hope his recent better performance are a result of his training and focus and not just an influx in form.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby simon12 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:56 am

His silence has been admirable only overshadowed by his professionalism.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby mr_nool » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:57 am

I'd be quite pissed off with all the attention he's getting from his team mates, if I were Bridge. Like Tevez pointing at him after he scored the penalty. "Here's the cuckold! This is the guy who's missus Terry shagged!". Same things with those reidiculouys "Team Bridge" t-shirts. If I were Bridge, I'd just like people to forget about it, so I could deal with it in my own way, privately.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Esky » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:11 am

mr_nool wrote:I'd be quite pissed off with all the attention he's getting from his team mates, if I were Bridge. Like Tevez pointing at him after he scored the penalty. "Here's the cuckold! This is the guy who's missus Terry shagged!". Same things with those reidiculouys "Team Bridge" t-shirts. If I were Bridge, I'd just like people to forget about it, so I could deal with it in my own way, privately.

I agree with the sentiment but for better or worse this has been the biggest story in football lately - there's just no hiding from it.

Credit to the players for standing behind one of our own.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:16 pm

i was reading somwhere on line yesterday before the match he'd recieved 5 texts from chelski players anyone know who from??i think joe cole was one as when zab was down and nearly out he was chattin to cole
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:33 pm

mr_nool wrote:"Here's the cuckold! This is the guy who's missus Terry shagged!"

I'm no lip-reader, but I don't think that is what Tevez said... could be wrong though :-)
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Esky wrote:Credit to the players for standing behind one of our own.

Totally agree. The bit I liked best was the celebration following our pen. Bridge did a couple of little punches in the air, like he realised that was game over. Nothing OTT, it was against his old club after all. He seemed to be hanging back a little from the other players, Lescott (I think) ran past to join them and dragged Bridge along with him. Nice touch.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:26 pm

I thought he was a problem for us at left back, especially after the friendly at Rangers where he was shocking. He's been putting in good performances for a while now. And so has Lescott. Pity they didn't get into the groove a little earlier. Fair play to Bridge.
And I too am not sure why anyone would boo a player for the dastardly crime of being cheated on. Hull fans were doing it the other week for fuck's sake. They are from Yorkshire I suppose.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby gillie » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Bridge is a better man than i am coz if Twat had offered me his hand to shake i would have shook his neck very violently.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john68 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:53 pm

I think some fans see it as their duty to support their club by doing everything in their power to upset the opposition players. The Terry/Bridge saga has given them the perfect opportunity.
I think the Villa fans undoubtedly affected Barry at Villa Park.
Despite the gut wrenching emotion that Bridge must have been feeling throughout, he had managed to keep his dignity and his proffessionalism intact.
I think we have a very strong full back on our side who is fully deserving of our highest respect and support.

This will not end here, there will be plenty of fans who will be doing their upmost to affect his game.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:48 am

Respeck.

Seriously, if I was in his shoes, 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go, I would've tried to end Terry's career. So I suppose that makes Wayne a better man than I am
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:07 am

Love Bridge. He's copped a lot of shit on here since his arrival. While he didn't set the world on fire early on I've always felt better with him in the side and think he's really underrated.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:52 am

Moral:

cut our players some slack. If they play badly at times, it is not always because they "can't be arsed", are "lazy fuckers" or "hate the manager".
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Return to The Maine Football forum