Carlos Alberto Martínez (Tevez)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Carlos Alberto Martínez (Tevez)

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:26 pm

I've seen threads on Barry, Bellers, Vinnie and Joleon etc, but not seen one on Carlos.

Can I just say, 'What a fucking bloke he is'. He's away in Argentina looking after his Mrs and premature born kid, flies back in the night before a game, plays out of his skin, dedicates his first goal to his new born, dedicates his second to our heart torn Wayne Bridge after squaring up to his tormentor; after this, he then hops back on a plane to be by his wife and kids side. Please excuse me trying to fit it all in one sentence, but that's what he has done in a single weekend. Has he borrowed Stevie's underpants?

I just can't believe this lads heart and how lucky we are to have him. And yes, this is a Carlos appreciation thread if you'd like to contribute.
From Wiki: Tévez was born Carlos Alberto Martínez in Ciudadela, Buenos Aires, and raised in the neighbourhood of Ejército de Los Andes, better known as "Fuerte Apache". It was from there that he got the nickname of "El Apache". His parents changed his surname to his mother's during a conflict between his junior club All Boys and Boca Juniors.

Tévez has a distinctive burn scar that runs down his neck from his right ear to his chest. He was accidentally scalded with boiling water as a child, which caused third-degree burns and kept him hospitalised in intensive care for nearly two months. After joining Boca Juniors, Tévez refused an offer from the club to have them cosmetically improved, saying that the scars were a part of who he was in the past and who he is today.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Carlos Alberto Martínez

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:32 pm

I think you summed up what the man is like there Beefy he's just a top bloke and really gives his all everytime he puts the shirt on, i hope stays with us for a long time he's definitely gonna be a city legend in a few years.

Carlos we love you!!!!
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Carlos Alberto Martínez (Tevez)

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:32 pm

I fucking love that guy... how awesome was it when he squared up to Terry.

He clearly is a family man and for him it is probably incomprehensible what Terry did.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Thank you Carlos Tevez
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:42 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:I fucking love that guy... how awesome was it when he squared up to Terry.

He clearly is a family man and for him it is probably incomprehensible what Terry did.

I WAS DISSAPOINTED THAT THE ONLY GUY THAT RAN TO BACK HIM UP WAS HIS BUDDY ZABBA...NOONE ELSE DID.
THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF IN A WAY.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:I fucking love that guy... how awesome was it when he squared up to Terry.

I WAS DISSAPOINTED THAT THE ONLY GUY THAT RAN TO BACK HIM UP WAS HIS BUDDY ZABBA...NOONE ELSE DID.
THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF IN A WAY.

Bellers as well mate, you just knew he had something to say. And to be fare, most of our players were still in our half.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:47 pm

In the "controversial opinions" thread some time ago I said that I loved Tevez even when he was at United.

I've followed this guy's career very closely and was delighted when he came to the premier league. For him to end up at my club was a dream come true.

An absolute legend in the making. I said at the start of the season when he was recovering from his injury that he would become our most important player and I got laughed at.

What a fucking player.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:06 pm

I never actually knew nothing about him until he went to West Ham, and didn't really know too much about him then - only what Hammers supporters had said that he was excellent.

What amazes me is the way he can turn a game just like yesterday. Nothing on and he takes a chance, beats 2 men and stretches out to put the ball in the net with his studs.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:10 pm

To be honest I never expected him to score this many in one season.
He has been a lot better signing than I ever dared to hope. Well worth every single penny of the transfer fee!

Carlos Tevez is a blue, is a blue, is a blue.. Caarlos Tevez is a blue
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Very well put mate, sheer commitment, Fergie was slagging us today saying we slipped up selling Dunnie ? what happened with this top bloke then, perhaps he hasn't noticed he has gone ?
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:47 pm

Love the guy,great to have at city.

He has joined an elite group of city players to have scored 15 or more premier league goals in a season.

09/10 tevez 15 so far
92/93 david white 16
94/95 uwe rosler 15
03/04 anelka 16

Will he be the first to make 20?
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:55 pm

Where does the tevez name come from?
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:59 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Where does the tevez name come from?

Is that a mwwwwaaaaahhhhhh mate? If not, refer to OP.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:08 pm

My bad I skimmed the article coz I'm on iPhone an watching match!

Tevez is our main man an to think ppl called him a headless chicken!
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:25 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:My bad I skimmed the article coz I'm on iPhone an watching match!

Wasn't it a 'Poor Mans Dickov'?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bluej » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
MARKMAKAVELI wrote:My bad I skimmed the article coz I'm on iPhone an watching match!

I think the phrase was an 'expensive Dickov' or in similar suit. Absolutely laughable - ever since he has been fully fit he has been immense. He's got it all, a good touch, pace hard working and a good finisher, easily our signing of the summer.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:13 pm

bluej wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I think the phrase was an 'expensive Dickov' or in similar suit. Absolutely laughable - ever since he has been fully fit he has been immense. He's got it all, a good touch, pace hard working and a good finisher, easily our signing of the summer.

That may have been it. And you are right, he's easily our best signing but what I didn't expect was his heart. I thought we may lose the soul of the team once we lost a few of the older players but with Carlos in there, it grows bigger every game we play.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Think we know who the fans player of the season is this year which is a shame for Bellers as early in the season you would have put your fucking house on him!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Kladze » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:54 pm

I agree with any flattering superlative you'd care to use for Carlos.

It's also noticable how he's showing more willing to face an interview in English since he joined City.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Kladze wrote:I agree with any flattering superlative you'd care to use for Carlos.

It's also noticable how he's showing more willing to face an interview in English since he joined City.

Yeah thats the thing ive been impressed with, he must be working hard to speak english and it shows he is happy with the club, england, fans and he wants to communicate better with his own team mates.

He has huge respect for bellamy too which i think bellamy will be proud of hearing that from a feared world class striker like tevez. I love them both but we all knew what tevez was so my credit goes to bellamy for his heart and work rate.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum