Tevez in salute to fellow hero

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tevez in salute to fellow hero

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:04 pm

Carlos Tevez is enjoying the most prolific campaign of his career - but the Argentine hit man still wants to hand the honours for City's season to a hard-working team-mate.

Crowd hero Carlito returned from caring for his wife and premature baby daughter in Buenos Aires to blow shaken Premier League leaders Chelsea out of the water at Stamford Bridge.

But while his double strike in the Blues' 4-2 victory eased him to a new scoring milestone, Tevez was keen to salute City's other two-goal hero in Roberto Mancini's biggest win so far.

He declared: "Craig Bellamy is the best player at City. I'm very happy for him that he scored two goals, and I'm happy for the team and the supporters as well for a great win."

Carlos scored 20 goals in 29 games for Brazilian outfit Corinthians in the 2005 season before the Argentina striker headed for the bright lights of the Premiership with West Ham.

His brilliant equaliser out of nothing at Stamford Bridge yesterday was his 20th for the campaign, and his cool-as-a-cucumber penalty for 3-1 took his haul to 21 with two months to go.

Fifteen of those are in the League - he had just five last season - keeping him in the frame for the Golden Boot. He said: "That would be an achievement against such as Wayne Rooney and Didier Drogba.

"But what is important is that the team should win. It will be difficult to finish fourth but we are at home to Tottenham, Villa, Manchester United. We must play like we did at Chelsea."

Tevez, who missed four games on compassionate leave, dedicated his first goal to daughter Katia and added: "I trained every day so I am physically OK. I want to thank the fans and the people of Manchester for their concern - my family is OK now."

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Tevez in salute to fellow hero

Postby shawzy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:17 pm

Top bloke with a big heart..Its a fuckin honour havin him and Bellers at a our club.Dyed in the wool blues,on and off the pitch.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:22 pm

Have a read of that Bob Kowalski.

When I said they were our two best players, you "struggled" to see why I included Bellamy.

Have you not watched City this season mate?
Original Dub

Postby Feed The Goat » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:30 pm

Original Dub wrote:Have a read of that Bob Kowalski.

When I said they were our two best players, you "struggled" to see why I included Bellamy.

bellers has been average at best for the last couple of months.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:

Bellamy is one of the favourites for POTY. Pretty much every player on the planet has his form affected for a patch of the season, it doesn't mean he hasn't been the second best player after Tevez.

In fact, Tevez thinks Bellamy is the best. Its between them two for POTY.

Or do you disagree as well?
Original Dub

Postby Citeh&Crew » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:40 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:

Please tell me, you're not serious? He has had a few knocks, but when he has been in, he's done well to great.

I think some people think that unless he is getting multiple shots on goal, and scoring a few, he is not doing well. This suprises me, because anyone who knows an inkling about football SHOULD be able to see that he is still making good runs, still controlling the ball down his flank, and still drawing and beating defenders. If anything, there are times when miscommunications have frustrated Bellers, because a teammate should have passed it, or made a run for him.

And that's one thing I enjoy about Bellamy.. watching what he does off the ball is enjoyable. I think his knowledge of the game, and awareness of what is going on about him, even within the frame of a half-second, is phenomenal.
Citeh&Crew

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Citeh&Crew wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:

Please tell me, you're not serious? He has had a few knocks, but when he has been in, he's done well to great.

I think some people think that unless he is getting multiple shots on goal, and scoring a few, he is not doing well. This suprises me, because anyone who knows an inkling about football SHOULD be able to see that he is still making good runs, still controlling the ball down his flank, and still drawing and beating defenders. If anything, there are times when miscommunications have frustrated Bellers, because a teammate should have passed it, or made a run for him.

And that's one thing I enjoy about Bellamy.. watching what he does off the ball is enjoyable. I think his knowledge of the game, and awareness of what is going on about him, even within the frame of a half-second, is phenomenal.

It really is truely remarkable who one or two on here don't consider him to be one of our best players. I really don't know what he has to do, or what the fuck we'd have done without him this season.
Original Dub

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:

Just thought I'd point out your typo, you put Bellers instead of Vieira
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Citeh&Crew » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Citeh&Crew wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:

It really is truely remarkable who one or two on here don't consider him to be one of our best players. I really don't know what he has to do, or what the fuck we'd have done without him this season.

Agreed! But I can tell you one thing "we'd have done without him this season".. lost/drawn a few more matches! Lol. It's not even debatable to anyone who is objective; Bellamy is a fantastic footballer, and easily one of our top 3. I hope that his knees give him another few years with us.
Citeh&Crew

Postby simon12 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:25 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:

WUM
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:37 pm

simon12 wrote:
Feed The Goat wrote:

WUM

I think so mate...
Original Dub

Return to The Maine Football forum