Everton and Spurs at home

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Everton and Spurs at home

Postby blackburnblue » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Anyone any clues as to when these matches will be slotted in?
I'm going to Spain for 3 weeks on 8th march and had organised it so I would miss only one home match(wigan) but it looks like I may miss 3 now!
I would be gutted if this was the case as these two matches could define whether we finish top four or not.
blackburnblue
Robinho's Step Over

Re: Everton and Spurs at home

Postby gillie » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:31 pm

blackburnblue wrote:Anyone any clues as to when these matches will be slotted in?
I'm going to Spain for 3 weeks on 8th march and had organised it so I would miss only one home match(wigan) but it looks like I may miss 3 now!
I would be gutted if this was the case as these two matches could define whether we finish top four or not.

Blackburn mate unless they rearange these games midweek between the Sunderland,Fullham and Wigan games they wont be played in March so you could end up just missing your original game mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby blackburnblue » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:36 pm

gillie wrote:
blackburnblue wrote:Anyone any clues as to when these matches will be slotted in?

Blackburn mate unless they rearange these games midweek between the Sunderland,Fullham and Wigan games they wont be played in March so you could end up just missing your original game mate.

Hope you're right gillie but if the worse comes to the worse I will no doubt find a bar where they showing the match on an obscure channel.
blackburnblue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby gillie » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:42 pm

blackburnblue wrote:
gillie wrote:

Hope you're right gillie but if the worse comes to the worse I will no doubt find a bar where they showing the match on an obscure channel.

Mate due to our 2 week break we are down to play only three games in March, 14,21 and 29th.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blackburnblue » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:00 pm

gillie wrote:
blackburnblue wrote:
gillie wrote:

Mate due to our 2 week break we are down to play only three games in March, 14,21 and 29th.

I know therefore my guess would be that at least one of these outstanding matches may be rearranged for either w/c 16th or w/c 23rd. There is also the possibility that the home match with Birmingham scheduled for 11th April could be postponed if Brum beat Pompey in the cup next week. My guess is that we wouldn't want to be cramming half a dozen matches into the last 3 weeks of the season.
blackburnblue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby gillie » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Blackburn you could be right as thinking logically they may be waiting to see the outcomes of Spuds FACup tie at Fullham.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:14 pm

I'm sure in the past there have been games on Easter Monday (5 April). We are away at Burnley on the Saturday evening, and then don't play until the following Sunday (home to Birmingham). So maybe Spuds or Everton will be arranged for then?
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby blackburnblue » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:I'm sure in the past there have been games on Easter Monday (5 April). We are away at Burnley on the Saturday evening, and then don't play until the following Sunday (home to Birmingham). So maybe Spuds or Everton will be arranged for then?

Hope you're right mate.
blackburnblue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:04 pm

blackburnblue wrote:There is also the possibility that the home match with Birmingham scheduled for 11th April could be postponed if Brum beat Pompey in the cup next week.

Yes, it would definitely be postponed if Birmingham win away at Pompey. But then Everton are due to play Villa on 10 April, so if Villa also go through in the FA Cup (away at Reading, so highly possible) we could always play Everton instead as we'll both be at a loose end. Complicated business, isn't it?
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:45 am

As long as we don't end up with something silly like four games in six days towards the end of the season.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:07 am

Somerset Blue wrote:
blackburnblue wrote:There is also the possibility that the home match with Birmingham scheduled for 11th April could be postponed if Brum beat Pompey in the cup next week.

Yes, it would definitely be postponed if Birmingham win away at Pompey. But then Everton are due to play Villa on 10 April, so if Villa also go through in the FA Cup (away at Reading, so highly possible) we could always play Everton instead as we'll both be at a loose end. Complicated business, isn't it?

It is & if we don't squeeze some of these in soon we'll end up with a lot of games at the end of the season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Redna » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:00 am

The Spurs game is still on on the OS. 1245 kickoff. Game ending around 15, then off to the cottage for spuds and a new game at 17 20. Could work but not very likely is it ? ;)
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby rick1894citizen » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Was hoping we'd play Everton this weekend instead as there out of FA cup and now europa so must be sorted soon, both crucial games and the quicker we get the game in hand out of way the better imo.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby King Kev » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Redna wrote:The Spurs game is still on on the OS. 1245 kickoff. Game ending around 15, then off to the cottage for spuds and a new game at 17 20. Could work but not very likely is it ? ;)
CTID!!
I would rather play them in their second game of the day if that can be arranged please.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Looking at our next three scheduled fixtures we are playing catch up on the teams around us and I guess it may continue virtually to the end of the season:

Sun. 14/3 Sunderland away
Sun. 21/3 Fulham away
Mon. 29/3 Wigan home

To win these three when following other teams results of that weekend will be difficult but not impossible. If we play like we did at Chelsea then we have a chance. Would much prefer though having the points in the bag than games in hand. Of course, they never said it was going to be easy!

Come on City!
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby gillie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:37 pm

Why could we not rearrange the Scouse2 game for this forthcoming weekend?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby King Kev » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:12 pm

gillie wrote:Why could we not rearrange the Scouse2 game for this forthcoming weekend?.
Good idea, we can play them just after they finish playing Hull ;o)
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:15 pm

King Kev wrote:
gillie wrote:Why could we not rearrange the Scouse2 game for this forthcoming weekend?.

Ok i was not aware they were playing Hull i have not seen any fixtures for the weekend as i dont buy newspapers especially Sunday ones.Now i have my answer i am happy.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby King Kev » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:17 pm

gillie wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Ok i was not aware they were playing Hull i have not seen any fixtures for the weekend as i dont buy newspapers especially Sunday ones.Now i have my answer i am happy.
The only reason I knew that was because I thought the same thing yesterday so had a look. I think that is the only Prem game taking place all weekend, just our luck!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:26 pm

King Kev wrote:
gillie wrote:
King Kev wrote:

The only reason I knew that was because I thought the same thing yesterday so had a look. I think that is the only Prem game taking place all weekend, just our luck!

I got told in work this evening that the rags are playing Wolves at the weekend is that incorrect.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum