Monday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Monday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:53 am

Terry blasts back at Bellamy after City star's verbal attack
Furious John Terry is gunning for Criag Bellamy after the Welsh hitman’s drive-by verbal shooting.
Bellamy added insult to Terry’s injuries as he launched an astonishing public assault on the Chelsea skipper’s character after inspiring Manchester to their 4-2 win at Stamford Bridge.
Asked if the feud between Terry and Wayne Bridge had galvanised City, Bellamy said: “I know what John Terry is like and nothing surprises me about him.
“I think everybody in football knows what the guy’s like off the field.”
It was a savage attack on Terry, which came after Bellamy had already shown his disrespect for the Chelsea captain before kick-off.
Although, unlike Bridge, Bellamy did shake Terry’s hand in the pre-match line-up, he pointedly refused to look at the Chelsea captain as he did so, muttering that he had no wish to face the defender.
But it was the post-match insult that riled Terry, who wore a face like thunder as he patrolled the Stamford Bridge tunnel area after the match.
Clearly outraged, Terry restricted himself to a single comment but the intensity of his gaze illustrated his burning anger.
“I’ve heard what he said,” Terry replied when asked. “And people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. That’s all I want to say.”
Terry’s woeful weekend darkened further as Fabio Capello made it crystal clear the disgraced England skipper has no chance of regaining the captaincy while the Italna remains Three Lions chief.
Capello said: “As long as I am England manager, I don’t think John Terry will be captain again. I expect my captain to be responsible to children and for the fans. I told him all of this.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Birmingham City are interested in signing Kris Boyd from Rangers, with the Blues set to send scouts to see him play for Scotland against the Czech Republic on Wednesday. Daily Mail

Arsenal have become the latest Premier League club to monitor West Brom midfielder Graham Dorrans, who is believed to command a price tag of £6m. Daily Mail

John Rooney, the 19-year-old younger brother of Manchester United superstar Wayne, will have a second trial for Nigel Clough's Derby County this week. Daily Mail

Liverpool's highly rated new 15-year-old recruit, Raheem Sterling, who has been signed from QPR, was enticed to Anfield with a £300,000 contract offer. Daily Mirror

Burnley manager Brian Laws wants to sign 29-year-old Cameroon international winger Salomon Olembe, who is a free agent after leaving Turkish team Kayserispor. Daily Mirror

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... ne-artiles

OTHER BOLLOX
Aaron Ramsey's broken leg is not as bad as the fracture suffered by team-mate Eduardo, and the Wales international could return for the Gunners in just six months' time. Daily Mirror

AC Milan's Alexandre Pato may miss his team's Champions League second leg tie against Manchester United on 10 March after the Brazilian international hurt his right thigh in the Rossoneri's 3-1 Serie A victory over Atalanta on Sunday. Daily Mail

Blackburn's El-Hadji Diouf was warned by police following his confrontation with Liverpool's Steven Gerrard, which spilled into the tunnel at half-time, during the home side's 2-1 Premier League win at Anfield on Sunday. Daily Mirror

Midfielder Jack Wilshere will not be recalled prematurely to Arsenal from his loan spell with Bolton, despite his club-mate Aaron Ramsey's leg break which has reduced Gunners boss Arsene Wenger's options in the centre of midfield. Daily Mirror

Cardiff City boss Dave Jones is considering leaving the financially stricken Championship club in the summer after being told by chairman Peter Ridsdale that he must sell players and rely on free transfers in the close-season. Daily Mirror

More Terry/Bellamy Bollox
Having scored twice to help condemn Chelsea to defeat, Bellamy compounded a dreadful afternoon for Terry with a blunt attack on the former England captain's off-field behaviour.
"I know what JT is like," said Bellamy. "Nothing surprises me about it so I'm not going to comment on that guy. I think everybody in football knows what the guy is like. That's off the field."
The boy done bad: John Terry meets Wayne Bridge on the football pitch
Baines can bridge divide News of Bellamy's outspoken television interview soon got back to Terry, who was clearly furious and quick to deliver his own response: "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
Bellamy, of course, has had his own off-field controversies, notably when he was alleged to have used a golf club to threaten John-Arne Riise, a Liverpool team-mate.
Even so, his remarks only underlined the support within the Manchester City dressing room for Wayne Bridge following Terry's affair with the mother of his young son.
Bridge refused to shake Terry's hand before the match and Gareth Barry admitted that the situation had galvanised City. "A lot of people felt sorry for Wayne with what has gone on," said Barry. "As a club we've all supported him and got behind him. Nobody knows how you would feel if you haven't been in that situation.
"Being the person Wayne is, he didn't want to rub anything in. He used to play for Chelsea, he kept his emotions to himself and his performance was brilliant. He kept his cool and played a great game, so he's come off the pitch with a lot of credit. He's not rubbed it in anyone's faces."
The atmosphere within the England camp ahead of Wednesday's friendly against Egypt is also likely to be tense, with Barry disappointed by Bridge's decision to make himself unavailable. "Of course I'm sad to see that," he said. "He's a great player and would improve the squad and team, when he plays, but I respect his decision.''
Barry, though, said that the recent scandal would not impact on England. "I think it's personal issues and, as professionals, you have to put it aside – once we're together it will all be forgotten and we'll try to win a game of football.
City striker Emmanuel Adebayor, meanwhile, is braced for a torrid reception when he returns to Arsenal in April. "It will be 90 minutes of hell," he said. "The fans will boo me, insult me, because, until now, they haven't understood why I left. I shouldn't have done that [the goal celebration against Arsenal in September] but we are all human.
"I made a mistake. Arsène Wenger can never say that I wanted to leave. It was because Arsene didn't want me any more."
Last edited by Chinners on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Monday's B*ll*x

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:36 am

my goodness that wag is ridiculously good looking... powerful
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:54 am

Terry is still badly advised I see. Just shut the fuck up for a while fella.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Chinners » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:20 am

OFFICIAL CHELSEA SITE BOLLOX
WHOEVER NEXT?
'Nothing surprises me about him,' said Craig Bellamy about John Terry. 'Everybody in football knows what the guy's like.'
Everybody in football - and quite a few of us outside football - know what Bellamy is like, too, but in case anyone's memory is faltering, let's just briefly refresh ourselves, shall we?
Was cautioned for common assault after allegedly assaulting a woman outside a Newcastle nightclub in 2002. In 2006 went to court in Cardiff to defend himself against a further charge of assault, again brought by a woman, but was found not guilty after a five-day trial.
Attacked John Arne Riise, then his own team mate, with a golf club following an argument stemming from a karaoke session.
Was fined £80,000 for calling his manager (Graeme Souness) a liar after Souness had claimed that Bellamy threatened to fake injury rather than play out of position.
Tossed a chair at John Carver, then an assistant coach at Newcastle United, in a row at Newcastle airport.
Is routinely described in print as a 'truculent oaf'. Moreover, as one of his own closest friends once told a newspaper, 'Craig doesn't do charm.'
It's a rum old day, isn't it, when Craig Bellamy attempts to storm the moral high ground? Whoever next? Lee Bowyer?
(Their OS is rather missing the crucial point somewhat ... that being that Terry's standing is currently so low that even Craig Bellamy can take the moral high ground in relation to him.)

Graham Poll reveals how the referee spared blushes of Wayne Bridge and John Terry
John Terry was saved from an embarrassing pre-match stand-off at Stamford Bridge on Saturday after the handshake protocol was reversed by the referee.
Assistant ref Bobby Pollock suggested that Mike Dean, the best official in England on current form, ask Manchester City skipper Shay Given to lead his away team down the Chelsea line.
In domestic matches, the home team captain should lead his team down the away team line-up to ‘welcome’ them to their ‘home’.
The result of the change was that Bridge could stay on the move and avoid the handshake with Terry without an embarrassing stand-off. Had normal protocol been observed we could have seen Terry standing in front of Bridge demanding a reaction — nobody knows what could have ensued.
The match officials’ decision, which spared Bridge that and allowed him to make his point with dignity and minimum fuss, should be recognised and acknowledged.
As should Dean’s performance in the match.
The two penalties awarded and two red cards were correct during an absorbing game.

Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho is keen to leave the Italian club to take over as the Real Madrid manager, should current boss Manuel Pellegrini be sacked by the Spanish giants, according to Spanish daily Sport. IMScouting
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby BobKowalski » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:46 pm

You know when your reputation is in the crapper when Bellers can take the moral high ground. Saying that I'd back him over Souness any day of the week because one thing Bellers wouldn't do is not play or fake an injury because he doesn't like what he has been asked to do. I still think he isn't keen on the Mancini way but it isn't stopping him doing his job.

And on that point Bellers played at Stoke and at Chelsea - I thought that was a no no with his knees? Surprised me in a good way that one.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:30 pm

StrikeAnywhere wrote:my goodness that wag is ridiculously good looking... powerful

She's gorgeous, though you lost me with "powerful"
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum