a view from a woman at muen

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: a view from a woman at muen

Postby Burt » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:45 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:any one who want a chat with her, this is her email address

angela.epstein@manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Cheers mate. I have sent the thick fuclin twat the following:-

Dear Angela,

I have read and digested the nature of your article and would like to comment as follows. Please accept my apologies for any poor diction as I am not the most articulate with journalistic protocol. My aim is to simply pose my feelings as best I can as follows:-

It was a magnificent gesture by any standards. With a live TV audience, a battery of press photographers and the Stamford Bridge stadium crammed to capacity, it could only be described as heroic, principled and profoundly admirable.

No, not Wayne Bridge snubbing John Terry as the two filed passed each other for the pre-match handshake before Manchester City thrashed Chelsea on Saturday.

But the sight of the terminally humiliated Toni Poole, suppressing her private firestorm, to watch her sleaze-soaked husband do his day job.

Despite withstanding perpetual heartache and seedy revelations about her feckless spouse, she staged a magnificent show of support. Misguided loyalty perhaps. Indeed who would have blamed her had she seized the photo opportunity of her life, marched onto the pitch and belted Terry round the ears with her Fendi handbag just before kick off. But no, despite overwhelming justification to knee him in the groin in front of a panting world, Toni sat tight and preserved a dignity so haplessly shredded by the dolt she has married.

Compare this then to the action of Wayne Bridge, who grasped this opportunity to show himself to be weak and petulant by refusing to shake Terry’s hand.

Myself and everyone that I have discussed this subject with and there are many, males, females, footie followers and footie haters encompassed in this group, have expressed the same oppinion that if we were in Bridge's position, we would not shake hands and consider Bridge to have acted very dignified by also not doing so.

Now, I don’t care what the rules of engagement are among the footballing elite about keeping your paws off a pal’s bird – even if she has flown the nest. In fact at first I thought Bridge was simply snubbing his opponent because he knew where his hands had been.

About as humorous as lung cancer.

But no. For in the ridiculously primeval and pampered world of Premier League football, where players cook up their own skewed morality, this was not about personal hygiene.

Sure Bridge is smarting, as any arrogantly wired male would at the thought of his ex-girlfriend playing around with his mate. But in letting his territorial approach to an already shattered love life spill onto the pitch, he showcased an outrageous lack of professionalism. As an act of spitting out the dummy, it takes some beating.

There is no evidence of him being an “arrogant wired male”. A very sexist comment that has no substance given the facts that we have so far been made aware of and if you have or have had a male partner then beyond the chortles, I wouldn’t have thought that he would respect you for after such a churlish comment.

What more does the City player want? He may be human, but he also has a job – an extravagantly well paid job – to do.

The majority of folk would want fidelity and this is irrespective of how much the offended person earns in their line of work.

Every day armies of workers who have to weather far greater challenges to their personal life such as illness or bereavement struggle on in the face of overwhelming odds

Are you privy to any illnesses that Bridge’s loved ones may have suffered or how he feels about not having his son on a daily basis?

I can think of countless brave souls I’ve interviewed who confront each day with dignity and spirit despite insurmountable challenges such as a child stricken with cancer or the sudden death of a loved one.

Have you also interviewed Bridge and are therefore privy to his involvement with children stricken with cancer?

Look at our brave soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq, risking their lives in far flung conflicts. When your boy comes back from serving his country in a flag draped coffin, then you have reason to pull the duvet over your head and hope it’s all been a bad dream.

How can a comparison be made with Bridge and our dead troops. Are you aware of his feelings with regard to Afghanistan?

Compare that to Bridge who cannot even serve his country on the football pitch, having already stated his position within the England squad is “untenable” . It doesn’t matter that Fabio Capello has told John Terry that the Chelsea player will never captain England again while he is in charge. Or that Bridge is still very much wanted by the manager for international duty.

Have you not considered Bridge’s thoughts that the squad would probably be very uncomfortable having these two guys around them 24/7 for potentially well over a month and therefore the situation would be counter-productive for England?

Yesterday it was alleged Bridge decided to turn his back on the national team for the sake of his son, Jaydon, telling a friend: “In ten years’ time, how could I look him in the eye and say ‘Yes, that man tried to ruin our lives... but I still played in the same team as him’? I would rather be remembered as a good dad than somebody who played in a World Cup.”

So you think that the World Cup is more important than the relationship between father and son?

Being a bigger man than the grubby lech who had it away with his son’s mother – after they split up – would have been a better message to give the boy. Duty and dignity come before petty backstage squabbles.

So being a female, you know what it is like to be a man?

Our national sport has been reduced to a laughing stock thanks to a succession of players who seem incapable of keeping their pants on.

Have the girls that have pulled the lads’ pants off not got any say in this at all?

But whether Bridge was wronged or not, he needs to shake off this spineless self-pity and do what he does best. If Toni Poole can do it, then he can too.

A person that puts their child’s best interests at heart is not spineless. They are being right and proper parents.

Kind regards

Burt
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:56 pm

well put Burt. A 10/10 for putting your heart on your sleeve bro.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blootoof » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:57 pm

I'd bum it.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Nice one Burt.

(but you should have added a bit of Tammy Wynette at the end)
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bluej » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:17 pm

Nice one Burt - much more restrained than anything I could have written!

Unfortunately can't see her responding though.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:35 am

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:Angela Epstein
March 01, 2010

It was a magnificent gesture by any standards. With a live TV audience, a battery of press photographers and the Stamford Bridge stadium crammed to capacity, it could only be described as heroic, principled and profoundly admirable.

No, not Wayne Bridge snubbing John Terry as the two filed passed each other for the pre-match handshake before Manchester City thrashed Chelsea on Saturday.

But the sight of the terminally humiliated Toni Poole, suppressing her private firestorm, to watch her sleaze-soaked husband do his day job.

Despite withstanding perpetual heartache and seedy revelations about her feckless spouse, she staged a magnificent show of support. Misguided loyalty perhaps. Indeed who would have blamed her had she seized the photo opportunity of her life, marched onto the pitch and belted Terry round the ears with her Fendi handbag just before kick off. But no, despite overwhelming justification to knee him in the groin in front of a panting world, Toni sat tight and preserved a dignity so haplessly shredded by the dolt she has married.

Compare this then to the action of Wayne Bridge, who grasped this opportunity to show himself to be weak and petulant by refusing to shake Terry’s hand.

Now, I don’t care what the rules of engagement are among the footballing elite about keeping your paws off a pal’s bird – even if she has flown the nest. In fact at first I thought Bridge was simply snubbing his opponent because he knew where his hands had been.

But no. For in the ridiculously primeval and pampered world of Premier League football, where players cook up their own skewed morality, this was not about personal hygiene.

Sure Bridge is smarting, as any arrogantly wired male would at the thought of his ex-girlfriend playing around with his mate. But in letting his territorial approach to an already shattered love life spill onto the pitch, he showcased an outrageous lack of professionalism. As an act of spitting out the dummy, it takes some beating.

What more does the City player want? He may be human, but he also has a job – an extravagantly well paid job – to do.

Every day armies of workers who have to weather far greater challenges to their personal life such as illness or bereavement struggle on in the face of overwhelming odds

I can think of countless brave souls I’ve interviewed who confront each day with dignity and spirit despite insurmountable challenges such as a child stricken with cancer or the sudden death of a loved one.

Look at our brave soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq, risking their lives in far flung conflicts. When your boy comes back from serving his country in a flag draped coffin, then you have reason to pull the duvet over your head and hope it’s all been a bad dream.

Compare that to Bridge who cannot even serve his country on the football pitch, having already stated his position within the England squad is “untenable” . It doesn’t matter that Fabio Capello has told John Terry that the Chelsea player will never captain England again while he is in charge. Or that Bridge is still very much wanted by the manager for international duty.

Yesterday it was alleged Bridge decided to turn his back on the national team for the sake of his son, Jaydon, telling a friend: “In ten years’ time, how could I look him in the eye and say ‘Yes, that man tried to ruin our lives... but I still played in the same team as him’? I would rather be remembered as a good dad than somebody who played in a World Cup.”

Being a bigger man than the grubby lech who had it away with
his son’s mother – after they split up –
would have been a better message to give the boy. Duty and dignity come before petty backstage squabbles.

Our national sport has been reduced to a laughing stock thanks to a succession of players who seem incapable of keeping their pants on.

But whether Bridge was wronged or not, he needs to shake off this spineless self-pity and do what he does best. If Toni Poole can do it, then he can too.

just seen this story on the web page, lets hope her husband/ boyfriend didnt see the last sentance, what a stupid woman

I'm still not clear about this. Was Terry shagging her while she was still with Bridge or after they split up. When did she become his "Ex Girl friend", before or after Bridge found out about the affaire.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:39 am

I don't think its ever been alleged that JT was at her while they were still together
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wooders » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:40 am

they were having a trial seperation as she didn't want to leave london for manchester - so wayne very much thought he was still in the running before his so called best mate bollocksed it up for him
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:06 am

Wooders wrote:they were having a trial seperation as she didn't want to leave london for manchester - so wayne very much thought he was still in the running before his so called best mate bollocksed it up for him

Thanks Wooders. That sounds to me that she was still Bridge's girl friend at the time when Terry was at her ! So why do all the news
reports insist on describing her as the "Ex Girl Friend". Does this have some legal ramifications ??
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:26 am

I can only imagine the tension had we actually signed Terry that time haha... does anyone think that might be why he never actually joined us?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wooders » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:28 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Wooders wrote:they were having a trial seperation as she didn't want to leave london for manchester - so wayne very much thought he was still in the running before his so called best mate bollocksed it up for him

Thanks Wooders. That sounds to me that she was still Bridge's girl friend at the time when Terry was at her ! So why do all the news
reports insist on describing her as the "Ex Girl Friend". Does this have some legal ramifications ??

I guess because they were officially "seperated" ?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:48 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
i think if i had a vagina -- if i could pry my fingers out of it long enough -- i'd still love the football. Gender has fuckall to do with it.

Lovin your work mate, cornflakes > screen, well not quite, but that was fucking funny
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum