Rich list - still a long way to go

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rich list - still a long way to go

Postby ian494 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:21 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:re: the £100m gap between us and the top 8 clubs, just how the fuck do the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea generate that income?
If champs league is worth £25m? where the fuck does the other £100 odd million come from that they earn extra to us. They get the same tv deal as us, slightly bigger sponsorship deals, but still, do they sell and extra £50m worth of shirts?

More to the point, looking at EVERY club in that list, with all that income - how many of them actually turned a profit in the same financial year? 1, 2, maybe 3 at a push, which makes you wonder about how Platini's rules can ever work.

Clearly to sustain the wages of our playing staff, we need to be up there with the big boys in terms of income, so how do we find and extra £150m. This ground re-development is gonna have to be fucking vegas style to improve our extra-curricular income to a reasonable level

With London clubs you can double our gate receipts mate, because they charge so flaming much, and people pay it (that's why Spuds are so high). Also where we have lagged behind by 30 years of dross - certainly in the last 10-12 - is in not having a global exposure which gets fans elsewhere. However our exposure this last 12 months has been immense, for whatever reason, and we should soon start to find some decent shirt-buying, camera-snapping, prawn-munching glory-hunters!

If Arsenal get an average matchday revenue (including meals, beer etc) of £50 a head for 60,000 it still only comes to £3m per match, which is a total income over the premier league season of £75m assuming say 25 home games in a season.

If Chelsea had the same £50/head for 40,000, it comes to £2m a game, or £50m over the course of a 25 home game season.

If we have an average of £25/head for 48,000 it comes to we would drag in £22m in premier league games alone.

I know its an ultra simplistic view as it doesnt take into account kids tickets etc, but even after matchday revenues, it still leaves a bloody huge gap, and questions about particularly Chelsea's extra curricular income considering the only clubs I would say have a true global brand are U***d and Liverpool.

I can understand Arsenals, as I suspect property sales are included in their figure, as I believe they are still in receipt of income from the redevelopment of Highbury, but Chelsea's income is a mystery to me as I certainly dont see them as a global brand, and even if they were, surely that factor alone is not worth an extra £70m a year?

Don't Chelsea have the Chelsea village development that will bring in an income? Hotel; plaza and apartments?
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby feedthegreek » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:50 pm

turnover means nothing we are,t he richest club in the world.
and will never ever have the biggest turnover ever fact.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:23 am

Fish111 wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
blue wine wrote:can someone explain to me why there is so many german teams?

massive stadiums sold out every week

Germany is a feckin big country and football mad to boot. They easily keep the people flocking into their stadiums by having very reasonable ticket prices and all the associated merchandise is cheap too. A German football match is a day out as well and there are things happening around the grounds to add to the enjoyment, the scran inside the ground is top notch which encourages people to get in the ground early and spend money. It makes great business sense and we could learn a lot from them.

Agreed. The atmos always seems to be great as well!! Isnt it right that you can take ya beer to your seat at games as well???This country is ruined by ott rules,regs and H&S.. I have alot of respect for Germany- great engineering and industries. Makes us look silly if Im honest.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:27 am

feedthegreek wrote:turnover means nothing we are,t he richest club in the world.
and will never ever have the biggest turnover ever fact.

Dont be silly..How can that be a fact!! Who knows where we will be in 20/30 years??? We could be ruined, or we could be the biggest sports brand in the world!!! or we could just be same old City..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:53 am

ian494 wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:re: the £100m gap between us and the top 8 clubs, just how the fuck do the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea generate that income?
If champs league is worth £25m? where the fuck does the other £100 odd million come from that they earn extra to us. They get the same tv deal as us, slightly bigger sponsorship deals, but still, do they sell and extra £50m worth of shirts?

More to the point, looking at EVERY club in that list, with all that income - how many of them actually turned a profit in the same financial year? 1, 2, maybe 3 at a push, which makes you wonder about how Platini's rules can ever work.

Clearly to sustain the wages of our playing staff, we need to be up there with the big boys in terms of income, so how do we find and extra £150m. This ground re-development is gonna have to be fucking vegas style to improve our extra-curricular income to a reasonable level

With London clubs you can double our gate receipts mate, because they charge so flaming much, and people pay it (that's why Spuds are so high). Also where we have lagged behind by 30 years of dross - certainly in the last 10-12 - is in not having a global exposure which gets fans elsewhere. However our exposure this last 12 months has been immense, for whatever reason, and we should soon start to find some decent shirt-buying, camera-snapping, prawn-munching glory-hunters!

If Arsenal get an average matchday revenue (including meals, beer etc) of £50 a head for 60,000 it still only comes to £3m per match, which is a total income over the premier league season of £75m assuming say 25 home games in a season.

If Chelsea had the same £50/head for 40,000, it comes to £2m a game, or £50m over the course of a 25 home game season.

If we have an average of £25/head for 48,000 it comes to we would drag in £22m in premier league games alone.

I know its an ultra simplistic view as it doesnt take into account kids tickets etc, but even after matchday revenues, it still leaves a bloody huge gap, and questions about particularly Chelsea's extra curricular income considering the only clubs I would say have a true global brand are U***d and Liverpool.

I can understand Arsenals, as I suspect property sales are included in their figure, as I believe they are still in receipt of income from the redevelopment of Highbury, but Chelsea's income is a mystery to me as I certainly dont see them as a global brand, and even if they were, surely that factor alone is not worth an extra £70m a year?

Don't Chelsea have the Chelsea village development that will bring in an income? Hotel; plaza and apartments?

Absolutely, but with Arsenal, they are still making a capital profit on the sale of chunks of the new development, wheras Chelsea's Village was completed nearly a decade ago now so all sales of apartments etc should have passed through the books. I would imagine a hotel and other development its going to make you in the low millions profit rather than tens of millions. I may be wrong - but obviously it is the next thing we have to do to boost the club's coffers, and hopefully whatever this new development is will make inroads on the lead these two clubs have on us
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum