Hleb

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Hleb

Postby fangsanalsatan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:34 pm

Really disappointing for Stuttgart so far. Wouldn't pay anything silly for him and for a bench player he seems to be too much of a stinker.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby gillie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Very good player imo but when you say his name it sounds like you aiming for the nearest spitoon.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:48 pm

gillie wrote:Very good player imo but when you say his name it sounds like you aiming for the nearest spitoon.

Bet he's never had many songs sung about him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Colin the King » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:01 am

If we were looking at bringing him in to gradually replace Bellamy for when his knee falls off, it's a big ask. Craig has 9 goals and 11 assists to his name so far- as good as Hleb is I'm not sure we'd get that kind of return. And hardworking as he might be I sincerely doubt he'd put the same shift in that Bellers does.

The plus side is that he's versatile- but if we put him in a situation where he plays right when someone's out, left when someone's out, and through the middle when someone else is out, chances are he'll get pissed off and want to leave. I reckon the theory of bringing in players of better quality than what you've got, and your good players becoming 'squad members' is the best approach. Signing someone on the cheap just because he's available leads to dissatisfaction, poorly invested wages, and usually ends in tears.

It's a conundrum really. Top player and I loved watching him link up with Fabregas and Ade for Arsenal a few years back- but I don't think he's an improvement on Bellamy in his current vein of form.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby ant london » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:32 am

As a curious twist to this tale.....has no-one noticed who his agent is???

After reportedly falling out with manager Christian Gross, it has now been confirmed that Hlebwill return to Camp Nou in the summer.

However, Hleb's agent Maurizio Gaudino insists there has been no dispute with the Swiss tactician as he remains part of the manager's plans.

The ex-Arsenal man has been linked with a Premier League return and while Manchester City and Aston Villa have been linked with his services, nothing has been decided.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Esky » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:22 am

ant london wrote:As a curious twist to this tale.....has no-one noticed who his agent is???

After reportedly falling out with manager Christian Gross, it has now been confirmed that Hlebwill return to Camp Nou in the summer.

However, Hleb's agent Maurizio Gaudino insists there has been no dispute with the Swiss tactician as he remains part of the manager's plans.

The ex-Arsenal man has been linked with a Premier League return and while Manchester City and Aston Villa have been linked with his services, nothing has been decided.

Thought he went away for insurance fraud or something to that effect?

His was one of the first names I came to know when i started following the club.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum