Them Red Knights

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Them Red Knights

Postby Curlie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:52 pm

[quote][/quote]If Keith Harris and the rest of his band of merry men take control at the Swamp, does that mean their club badge will change to ensure Orville is centre stage?
What might that badge look like?
City are coming to get you!
Curlie
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Nige

Re: Them Red Knights

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Remember all those united fans with their "MAN UNITED IS NOT FOR SALE" placards when the Glazers were doing the takeover...

How good would it be to make the EXACT same signs for the derby?! Fuck it, I'm getting my marker....

:)))))
Original Dub

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Original Dub wrote:Remember all those U***d fans with their "MAN U***d IS NOT FOR SALE" placards when the Glazers were doing the takeover...

How good would it be to make the EXACT same signs for the derby?! Fuck it, I'm getting my marker....

Great idea
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BobKowalski » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:04 pm

Red Knights - more like Barron fucking Knights although I guess that is better than the 'Robber Baron' Kights they have at the moment.

Although maybe not as the bit I don't get is that the Glazers borrowed £700m against the club to buy it and everyone is now kicking off about the debt yet the new lot are going to have to borrow in excess of £1bn against the club just to temp the Glazers to the negotiating table so how exactly is increasing the debt, by I suspect around £500m, help exactly?

We have a hole. Our solution? Dig a bigger hole.
BobKowalski

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 pm

BobKowalski wrote:Red Knights - more like Barron fucking Knights although I guess that is better than the 'Robber Baron' Kights they have at the moment.

Although maybe not as the bit I don't get is that the Glazers borrowed £700m against the club to buy it and everyone is now kicking off about the debt yet the new lot are going to have to borrow in excess of £1bn against the club just to temp the Glazers to the negotiating table so how exactly is increasing the debt, by I suspect around £500m, help exactly?

a British fucking hole .)
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Fish111 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:51 pm

The Red Knights my arse, the corporate & banking recovery of our country is in the hands of dickheads like this then we have no hope have we. They should concentrate on getting the financial structure of Britain out of the shit we're in instead of sticking their noses into football.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Original Dub wrote:Remember all those U***d fans with their "MAN U***d IS NOT FOR SALE" placards when the Glazers were doing the takeover...

remember it the first time when Sky wanted them and they were worth a billion?
They've been at it for best part of 20 years

What about a few HU*LG banners?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby BobKowalski » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:15 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:Red Knights - more like Barron fucking Knights although I guess that is better than the 'Robber Baron' Kights they have at the moment.

a British fucking hole .)

Thats about it :)

Its bigger, its smellier but by God its British and we are damn proud of it.

In the meantime the Glazers hightail back to the good old US of A half a billion quid up on their little adventure.
BobKowalski

Postby Lev Bronstein » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:19 pm

"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beeks » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Glazers won't sell...simple as that...and they have said so...which is great...because I want those parasites to suck the rag cash cow dry
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:35 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Glazers won't sell...simple as that...and they have said so...which is great...because I want those parasites to suck the rag cash cow dry

THIS.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Surrey Sky Blue » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Curlie wrote:If Keith Harris and the rest of his band of merry men take control at the Swamp, does that mean their club badge will change to ensure Orville is centre stage?
What might that badge look like?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hark now hear, The City sing, United ran away, And we will fight for ever more, Because of Derby day.
Surrey Sky Blue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Shorter working days
My favourite player is: Zabba!!

Postby btajim » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Excellent point, OD. If the RAGs aren't for sale then how exactly are the Glazers going to be forced out? If there's no conditions then they're screwed. No one can buy therefore no one can sell.

Didn't think that one through, did ya? Huh Huh Huh? "Let's all laugh at Man Ure... let's all laugh at Man Ure..."
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby sweenyuk » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:16 pm

BobKowalski wrote:Red Knights - more like Barron fucking Knights.

The Umbro Playlist for the Derby = 3 Baron Knights songs, how funny would that be....
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby psut1 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:25 pm

btajim wrote:

Excellent point, OD. If the RAGs aren't for sale then how exactly are the Glazers going to be forced out? If there's no conditions then they're screwed. No one can buy therefore no one can sell.

Didn't think that one through, did ya? Huh Huh Huh? "Let's all laugh at Man Ure... let's all laugh at Man Ure..."

There main tactic is to stop buying merchandise and not to renew season tickets or hospitality packages for next season
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Curlie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:28 pm

Not sure the Baron Knights could provide three songs, so we will have to add in "I wish I could fly," by the real move and shaker.
City are coming to get you!
Curlie

My favourite player is: Nige

Postby Blue In Bolton » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:41 pm

Am I the only one who when he hears "Red Knights" thinks of Michael Knighton? And especially if it was like the debacle under that idiot - then bring it on!!
Last edited by Blue In Bolton on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby irblinx » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 pm

My main concern in this would be that should this group of cocks offer enough cash to tempt the Glazers (get real guys, everything has a price) that there would be other groups sniffing round potentially someone even more minted than our glorious benefactor
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:21 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Glazers won't sell...simple as that...and they have said so...which is great...because I want those parasites to suck the rag cash cow dry

THIS.

At last I find myself agreeing with Bishop's haircut.

It wont matter if theyve got The Barron Knights, The Forever Knights from Ben10 or even Gladys Knight and her Pips, The Glazers aren't going to sell anytime soon unless someone plonks about £2bn in front of them and that isn't happening. As a Tampa Bay Bucs NFL fan of over 25 years I can appreciate how stubborn these guys are, and the good news is there are 5 sons including the obligatory gay one they try to keep in the background. Malcolm isn't calling any shots anymore as he's apparently holed up in a wheelchair in a Cleveland nursing home and thinks he's Bette Davis.

Anyways Keith Harris might get £50 off Ebay for Orville and Cuddles but these deluded individuals haven't got anywhere near what they'd need. Sounds like a lot of Grandstanding to be honest, a bit of piss and wind to rev up the fans who keep harping on about how they are "buying Norwich Scarfs" in protest. Problem is as long as 75k keep turning up from Dorset to Doncaster every week it isn't going to do much.

Did laugh at Oliver Houston on tv before - he used to be in "Shareholders United" but as theyve got shite all in the way of shares anymore they are apparently now called MUST(have a crap). Anyways he was talking about giving the Glazers their own personal £273m of debt and paying off the PIK loans of £200m, and absorbing the £500m debt so in his fantasy world offering the Glazers about £20m profit would do it as The well heeled Keith Harris and Orville and the other chums can put together around £900m by gues what .... borrowing it! You couldn't make this up its so funny.

Hmmm, Steptoe and Sons paid £850m plus 5 years ago, and apparently that manure filled shitpit of a plague is worth about £1.4bn. Nuff said.

They need Eastern money like we've got and to be honest if somebody does turn up with that sort of dosh, they will want to run the club the way they choose, and not how Gladys Kinight and the Pips and all the Adam Teese's of this world decree.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:43 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:[... who keep harping on about how they are "buying Norwich Scarfs" in protest. Problem is as long as 75k keep turning up from Dorset to Doncaster every week it isn't going to do much.

You've gotta love the protesting mentality of the United fan haven't you! I wonder if they apply their protesting stance to other walks of life?

• I'm against animal testing for cosmetics so I'm only going to wear their green shade of lipstick
  • I'm going to be a veggie cos of cruelty to animals so I'll only eat yellow feathered chicken and cut out cow, pig and sheep.
  • I'm against polluting the environment so I'm only going to drive my green and yellow 6.0l Hummer
  • I'm against wearing fur so I'll only wear gold minx fur in the future
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum