Them Red Knights

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Them Red Knights

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:17 pm

This all has a wonderful 'Swales out' type feeling about it. Lets hope for a good 20-30 years of unrest & turmoil accompanied by misery & failure.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dario2739 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:37 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Glazers won't sell...simple as that...and they have said so...which is great...because I want those parasites to suck the rag cash cow dry

THIS.

At last I find myself agreeing with Bishop's haircut.

It wont matter if theyve got The Barron Knights, The Forever Knights from Ben10 or even Gladys Knight and her Pips, The Glazers aren't going to sell anytime soon unless someone plonks about £2bn in front of them and that isn't happening. As a Tampa Bay Bucs NFL fan of over 25 years I can appreciate how stubborn these guys are, and the good news is there are 5 sons including the obligatory gay one they try to keep in the background. Malcolm isn't calling any shots anymore as he's apparently holed up in a wheelchair in a Cleveland nursing home and thinks he's Bette Davis.

Anyways Keith Harris might get £50 off Ebay for Orville and Cuddles but these deluded individuals haven't got anywhere near what they'd need. Sounds like a lot of Grandstanding to be honest, a bit of piss and wind to rev up the fans who keep harping on about how they are "buying Norwich Scarfs" in protest. Problem is as long as 75k keep turning up from Dorset to Doncaster every week it isn't going to do much.

Did laugh at Oliver Houston on tv before - he used to be in "Shareholders U***d" but as theyve got shite all in the way of shares anymore they are apparently now called MUST(have a crap). Anyways he was talking about giving the Glazers their own personal £273m of debt and paying off the PIK loans of £200m, and absorbing the £500m debt so in his fantasy world offering the Glazers about £20m profit would do it as The well heeled Keith Harris and Orville and the other chums can put together around £900m by gues what .... borrowing it! You couldn't make this up its so funny.

Hmmm, Steptoe and Sons paid £850m plus 5 years ago, and apparently that manure filled shitpit of a plague is worth about £1.4bn. Nuff said.

They need Eastern money like we've got and to be honest if somebody does turn up with that sort of dosh, they will want to run the club the way they choose, and not how Gladys Kinight and the Pips and all the Adam Teese's of this world decree.

Great post!
Didn't somebody who understood the financial implications of the Bond scheme they recently did, post that basically it now means the Glazers can withdraw money from the Scum to fund their other businesses? Basically while they're still winning things and turning a huge profit, the Glazers can use them as their own personal ATM machine...

...now why the f@ck would they sell a cash cow like that?
dario2739
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:33 am

dario2739 wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Glazers won't sell...simple as that...and they have said so...which is great...because I want those parasites to suck the rag cash cow dry

THIS.

It wont matter if theyve got The Barron Knights, The Forever Knights from Ben10 or even Gladys Knight and her Pips, The Glazers aren't going to sell anytime soon unless someone plonks about £2bn in front of them and that isn't happening. As a Tampa Bay Bucs NFL fan of over 25 years I can appreciate how stubborn these guys are, and the good news is there are 5 sons including the obligatory gay one they try to keep in the background. Malcolm isn't calling any shots anymore as he's apparently holed up in a wheelchair in a Cleveland nursing home and thinks he's Bette Davis.

Anyways Keith Harris might get £50 off Ebay for Orville and Cuddles but these deluded individuals haven't got anywhere near what they'd need. Sounds like a lot of Grandstanding to be honest, a bit of piss and wind to rev up the fans who keep harping on about how they are "buying Norwich Scarfs" in protest. Problem is as long as 75k keep turning up from Dorset to Doncaster every week it isn't going to do much.

Did laugh at Oliver Houston on tv before - he used to be in "Shareholders U***d" but as theyve got shite all in the way of shares anymore they are apparently now called MUST(have a crap). Anyways he was talking about giving the Glazers their own personal £273m of debt and paying off the PIK loans of £200m, and absorbing the £500m debt so in his fantasy world offering the Glazers about £20m profit would do it as The well heeled Keith Harris and Orville and the other chums can put together around £900m by gues what .... borrowing it! You couldn't make this up its so funny.

Hmmm, Steptoe and Sons paid £850m plus 5 years ago, and apparently that manure filled shitpit of a plague is worth about £1.4bn. Nuff said.

They need Eastern money like we've got and to be honest if somebody does turn up with that sort of dosh, they will want to run the club the way they choose, and not how Gladys Kinight and the Pips and all the Adam Teese's of this world decree.

Great post!
Didn't somebody who understood the financial implications of the Bond scheme they recently did, post that basically it now means the Glazers can withdraw money from the Scum to fund their other businesses? Basically while they're still winning things and turning a huge profit, the Glazers can use them as their own personal ATM machine...

...now why the f@ck would they sell a cash cow like that?

... that is exactly what they have done - the new structure means they can go back to the trough again and again - in good times and bad - this is why they have no motivation to sell

Essentially they have a unfettered, perpetual source of £millions X many pa for them to milk - so to tempt them to sell someone /some group has to offer a value that pays off the clubs debts and pay a premium beyond that - sufficient to give the Glazers a lump sum worth then giving up their 'annuity' / pension

That would be £100s of millions - so it does not stack up as a business proposition - it would need someone with a genuine passion for the scum and the pockets of the Sheik - lets hope not
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:42 am

psut1 wrote:There main tactic is to stop buying merchandise and not to renew season tickets or hospitality packages for next season

Most Fans should love owning / wearing the shirts and attending Matches. They might believe what they believe with a passion - but they're cutting off their noses to spite their face etc. Furthermore, there'll be 10 idiots waiting to buy every available Seasonticket seat that is vacated by a protesting Fan.

FC United were formed yet the RAGs are still selling out Matches and winning things.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby john68 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:28 pm

That is not strictly true Jimbo. There have been plenty of games this season that the rags have failed to fill their ground.
In the past, the rags always considered there were about 10,000 fans per match, effectively over their capacity, who were unable to buy tickets. That is a massive loss of their customer base. I am told that there is no longer a waiting list for season tickets.

If they start to fail due to being unable to replace the likes of Giggs, Scholes etc and Rooney (on whom they are heavily dependant) loses form, their massive worldwide markets could start to contract.

Their income is at a high and very fragile.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:38 pm

john68 wrote:That is not strictly true Jimbo. There have been plenty of games this season that the rags have failed to fill their ground.
In the past, the rags always considered there were about 10,000 fans per match, effectively over their capacity, who were unable to buy tickets. That is a massive loss of their customer base. I am told that there is no longer a waiting list for season tickets.

If they start to fail due to being unable to replace the likes of Giggs, Scholes etc and Rooney (on whom they are heavily dependant) loses form, their massive worldwide markets could start to contract.

Their income is at a high and very fragile.

I must admit that I wasn't aware of that. I'd hear / see more when I was living in Asbochester. Interesting to see that their continued success on the field has still seen an overall drop in attendances. Either people are finally coming to their senses and supporting a more relevant Club OR Fans who attend Matches are beginning to wise up to the prices.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john68 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:04 pm

Where is Asbochester Jimbo?....Maybe you should move away and come back to MANchester....Not MADchester nor GUNchester.

You have been reading the southern based pess again mate. That there Lundun don't have no crime?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:37 pm

More Anti Social Banning Orders than London and Birmingham combined.

Gun, Gay, Mad, Asbo... The names just roll of the tongue - but I'm allowed to say whatever I want about the place because it's where I'm from originally. I'd understand the anger from certain quarters if I hadn't spent my time there.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ronk » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:46 pm

It's an interesting strategy for a takeover but seems more concerned about marketing. Nice way to share the risk, sell to a load of small owners and return to squeezing fans harder than ever.

This is very much a marketing led takeover attempt trying to see what interest they can pull together. They're going to try and play up jingoism and may possibly hint in the direction of having some sort of structure similar to Barcelona where the fans own the club (eventually and minus stadium etc) and vote on management.

The supporters trust have jumped in with both feet and already committing to supporting ANY BID. They could sell a lot of memberships to fans around the world and force fans who want to go to matches to also pay a fee.

They wouldn't need to do a lot about the debt because they could take most of them on but couldn't easily pay the bond off instantly. But that's okay because the bond means long term stability.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:50 pm

I really hate having to say this, but I believe the scum's success over the last two decades is practically all down to Baconface. When he goes I really think they will struggle big time.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:10 pm

patrickblue wrote:I really hate having to say this, but I believe the scum's success over the last two decades is practically all down to Baconface. When he goes I really think they will struggle big time.

Of course its all down to him,You simply cant replace one of the most succesful British managers of all time easily.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Alex Sapphire » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:48 pm

patrickblue wrote:I really hate having to say this, but I believe the scum's success over the last two decades is practically all down to Baconface. When he goes I really think they will struggle big time.

Of course its all down to him,You simply cant replace one of the most succesful British managers of all time easily.

They struggled after their last Scottish Knight.
24 years of Busby (Taggart is very close to passing this record for longest serving mgr at Scum) was followed by 5 minutes of whatsisname before Busby stepped back in for a bit . Next guy lasted a season.
Bound to cause problems
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dronny » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:18 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:

THIS.

As the late, great Eric Morecombe was fond of singing "Bring me sunshine...."

I'm an hour away from the first wet of the weekend, the weather is great down here and I've got an aching jaw from laughing at the fucklin hole those red cuntz have got themselves into!
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum