Season Ticket prices a reality check

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Season Ticket prices a reality check

Postby BobKowalski » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:40 pm

zuricity wrote: I think Al Bundy could have been successful flogging all things Jordan.

I thought Garry Cook was Al Bundy
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby john@staustell » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:11 am

Only Blue since 76 has picked out the real point here.

I believe City had all intentions of keeping prices affordable and reasonable for all.

But then Platini came in with his nonsense about - basically - forcing clubs like City to make more revenue IE screw the man in the street more and more.

Of course the fool probably hasn't even thought of this, but it's about time the media picked up on the effect this would have on clubs not so ruthless with their fans as Scum.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:28 am

Feed The Goat wrote:
paulh wrote:i heard there was going to be a pay in ten instalments interest free scheme? serious. cant see our prices going up
to much im in south stand level 2 love it and well worth money

They have had the the installments thing for years my mate has been doing it since we moved ground.

not interest free - i'm on it now - tickets about 400, interest 50 - pay 10 instalmennts of £45

still great way to get a ticket though because i can't afford £450 in one go.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:36 am

Colin the King wrote:My season ticket is just behind the dugout, cracking view yet high enough so the rain doesn't hit you and all for only £280 or something. Wouldn't mind a little increase at all, it's the price of success.

You're young, though. Under 21 price?

My Seasoncard is £436 and if it goes beyond £500 for the view / location next to Away Fans then I won't pay. I can afford it - but I won't pay it.

There's no way that the majority of genuine Manchester City Fans will suffer a huge increase in prices. The ground will fill with Tourists and Glory Hunters.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby rick1894citizen » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:02 pm

Think they will only go up marginally as were struggling to fill ground as it is, agree with Ted in that prices should come down as only reason Germans get a higher average attendance (though we get highest total att) is there sensible pricing and standing areas for bundesliga games.

Id be pissed if mine goes up more than £50 as the atmosphere is a fucking embarrassment and is making me lose interest in home games (certainly in the north) but will pay whatever and hope to move to south stand.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:10 pm

If mine goes up past a level of cost i have in my head im not going anymore.

If the card ever reaches above that level i will become armchair.

FACT.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby sandman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:13 pm

My ticket in the South Stand cost £369 this season, I dont want to have to give up my season ticket but come the day we go up to the big prices I think i'll have to, now Sky, ESPN and Streaming Websites make watching City easier than ever the club need to be careful.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:15 pm

sandman wrote:My ticket in the South Stand cost £369 this season, I dont want to have to give up my season ticket but come the day we go up to the big prices I think i'll have to, now Sky, ESPN and Streaming Websites make watching City easier than ever the club need to be careful.

THIS IM AFRAID.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:38 pm

I think on the whole, for a comparable season ticket in the cheapest seats in the house, prices are not too bad - its just we hear a lot of scare stories about Arsenal's prices, like close on £1000, but thats for first year season ticket holders who have to take what they are given. Arsenal as far as i know havent started shafting the longer term supporters who already hold the cheaper tickets.

First year season ticket holders in 08/09 at city had to pay in excess of £600 as the only place you could get a pair of tickets together was in the east or west stand. They will have paid an additional couple of hundred quid this year for the cup games, taking it to near the level of the much hyped Arsenal season ticket price of a grand.

United season tickets for the stretford end are cheap enough too, the only issue with these is that you have to join the cup direct scheme below which has royally fucked off a large number of fans into not renewing, and which was only done as the club have secured borrowing on future matchday sales of cup tickets.

If city pull this sort of stunt I will be very disappointed.

Please read this document carefully as the terms below apply to your use of the Season Ticket
In particular, we ask you to note the following:
§ Subject to certain exceptions, Season Ticket Holders are required to purchase tickets for all home cup
matches.
§ A Season Ticket may be cancelled if the Ticket Holder fails to provide updated and valid credit card
details to fulfil the purchase of a ticket for home cup matches.
§ The Club will not contact you each time it successfully takes payment for home cup matches. We
recommend that you regularly check your credit card statement and online booking history to view
those home cup matches for which payment has been made and your Season Ticket is valid.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:39 pm

It's obvious from the attendance at the Stoke FA Cup game & the UEFA Cup & League Cup games, that although some extra fans are coming to the PL games this season compared to last, many either can't afford to also buy the cup tickets or consider the product on offer unworthy of the extra expenditure.

Either way it leads to empty seats, one of which will be mine if the prices go up much further. If we are going to expend the stadium & want to expand the club's support then increasing prices isn't the way to go about it imo. I still know a lot of blues who used to go to Maine Rd every week but barely if ever go to Eastlands.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:45 pm

I firmly believe that City has about 24,000 hardcore fans who will go no matter what. Everybody else takes other factors of life into consideration. So that leaves about 20,000 more home seats need to be filled every week.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:00 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:I firmly believe that City has about 24,000 hardcore fans who will go no matter what. Everybody else takes other factors of life into consideration. So that leaves about 20,000 more home seats need to be filled every week.

Well I've been one of the 24,000 as regards at home games & barely missed one in any competition for 40 odd years but I won't be any longer if the prices go up much further. Neither will some other members of my family & some of my friends who've been doing the same.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby 9secondlegend » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:06 pm

well there is a waiting list so demand is there.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:23 pm

rick1894citizen wrote:Think they will only go up marginally as were struggling to fill ground as it is, agree with Ted in that prices should come down as only reason Germans get a higher average attendance (though we get highest total att) is there sensible pricing and standing areas for bundesliga games.

Id be pissed if mine goes up more than £50 as the atmosphere is a fucking embarrassment and is making me lose interest in home games (certainly in the north) but will pay whatever and hope to move to south stand.

They're now advertising Ticket Bundles or Adult / Child deals including discounted City Gear.

At least anyone who REALLY wants a Ticket should be able to get one.

MaineRoadMemories wrote:I firmly believe that City has about 24,000 hardcore fans who will go no matter what. Everybody else takes other factors of life into consideration. So that leaves about 20,000 more home seats need to be filled every week.

We have 36,000 Seasoncard Holders. I'd always include them in with the numbers. It's a commitment.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby psut1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:36 pm

johnpb78 wrote:I think on the whole, for a comparable season ticket in the cheapest seats in the house, prices are not too bad - its just we hear a lot of scare stories about Arsenal's prices, like close on £1000, but thats for first year season ticket holders who have to take what they are given. Arsenal as far as i know havent started shafting the longer term supporters who already hold the cheaper tickets.

First year season ticket holders in 08/09 at city had to pay in excess of £600 as the only place you could get a pair of tickets together was in the east or west stand. They will have paid an additional couple of hundred quid this year for the cup games, taking it to near the level of the much hyped Arsenal season ticket price of a grand.

U***d season tickets for the stretford end are cheap enough too, the only issue with these is that you have to join the cup direct scheme below which has royally fucked off a large number of fans into not renewing, and which was only done as the club have secured borrowing on future matchday sales of cup tickets.

Please read this document carefully as the terms below apply to your use of the Season Ticket
§ Subject to certain exceptions, Season Ticket Holders are required to purchase tickets for all home cup
matches.
§ A Season Ticket may be cancelled if the Ticket Holder fails to provide updated and valid credit card
§ The Club will not contact you each time it successfully takes payment for home cup matches. We
recommend that you regularly check your credit card statement and online booking history to view
those home cup matches for which payment has been made and your Season Ticket is valid.

The £684 at the swamp is for the stretford end.
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Well I've been one of the 24,000 as regards at home games & barely missed one in any competition for 40 odd years but I won't be any longer if the prices go up much further. Neither will some other members of my family & some of my friends who've been doing the same.

I'm sure prices actually came down last season mate, 7% on average if I remember right. My £580 ticket actually cost me less than 500 notes with the price drop and early purchase discount.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:36 pm

psut1 wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:I think on the whole, for a comparable season ticket in the cheapest seats in the house, prices are not too bad - its just we hear a lot of scare stories about Arsenal's prices, like close on £1000, but thats for first year season ticket holders who have to take what they are given. Arsenal as far as i know havent started shafting the longer term supporters who already hold the cheaper tickets.

U***d season tickets for the stretford end are cheap enough too, the only issue with these is that you have to join the cup direct scheme below which has royally fucked off a large number of fans into not renewing, and which was only done as the club have secured borrowing on future matchday sales of cup tickets.

matches.

The £684 at the swamp is for the stretford end.

I defer to your knowledge mate, i was going off a friend who stopped going last year, so no idea on this year/next year prices, his ST was about £500 which he was more than happy with to watch one of the most successful clubs in the world - as would I to be fair.

He was like many hardcore united fans who used to sacrifice the home cup games so he could travel abroad to Europe, but ended up going to neither as a result of having to spend £70/80 a month on tickets he didn't want and couldn't shift, leaving him no money for the away days. Given united supposedly have fans who can't get a ticket, it seems implausible that they should force those to go who dont want to, on the basis that it is collateral for a loan.

Absolutely disgraceful way to treat supporters, and whats worse, it was recently ruled in court that the scheme is legal opening the door to other PL clubs implementing the scheme this year I believe.

I was deeply suspicious of when city launched the cup scheme that it would be extended along similar lines, but fortunately this has not been the case - yet.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Mark Garrett » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:57 pm

I'm hoping that City are sensible and either freeze prices like Everton have done or have only a nominal increase.

Also, a few posts have said we're struggling to fill the ground etc, but only Arsenal and United get bigger crowds than us.

Our average attendance is 45,292 this season, which is very good
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Feed The Goat » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:35 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I'm sure prices actually came down last season mate, 7% on average if I remember right. My £580 ticket actually cost me less than 500 notes with the price drop and early purchase discount.

It was more like 10% if you take into consideration the VAT decrease that they passed on to us. I think my season ticket will be more expensive than this season but no more than the others.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Crossie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:22 pm

The stadium will fill when the team plays good football.

The extra capacity will fill when we WIN THINGS and catch a load of glory hunting cockneys and tourists
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum