Season Ticket prices a reality check

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Season Ticket prices a reality check

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:32 pm

I tell you what, if we don't make Europe this season I'll give mine up (and the other 6) :-(
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:07 pm

rick1894citizen wrote:Think they will only go up marginally as were struggling to fill ground as it is, agree with Ted in that prices should come down as only reason Germans get a higher average attendance (though we get highest total att) is there sensible pricing and standing areas for bundesliga games.

This is a major point. Does anyone know what a reasonable capacity estimate for our ground would be if it was all-standing? I know this would never happen, but it would provide a good base-point for comparisons. I reckon 20% (by area) standing would suffice, for now.

Also, when talking about London club prices, remember that their target fans will earn approx 8% more due to the cost of living wage addition.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby mr_nool » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:50 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
rick1894citizen wrote:Think they will only go up marginally as were struggling to fill ground as it is, agree with Ted in that prices should come down as only reason Germans get a higher average attendance (though we get highest total att) is there sensible pricing and standing areas for bundesliga games.

This is a major point. Does anyone know what a reasonable capacity estimate for our ground would be if it was all-standing? I know this would never happen, but it would provide a good base-point for comparisons. I reckon 20% (by area) standing would suffice, for now.

Also, when talking about London club prices, remember that their target fans will earn approx 8% more due to the cost of living wage addition.

Won't most of those 8% be swallowed by a higher cost of living ;-)
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Vhero » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:21 pm

They are gonna go up if we get top 4 no doubt but they will go up as they do practically every year anyways with inflation. Not only that people saying we don't need the money but I doubt our owners bought us just to pump money into us and get nothing back people gotta realise we are an investment I mean sure we get cups and hopefully league titles out of the bargain but they want cash out of their end of the deal. They are more patient than us it just depends on how patient..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Another interesting note on next years season tickets is the fact that the club are allowing us longer to save before having to buy again, just like last season. To get the best price, season ticket holders have always had to pay by the end of Feb, whereas last season the club announced that because of the recession we got till the end of April

It would seem they're doing the same again as nothing has been sent out or put on the OS about the prices for 2010/11. Another good move by the club for the fans
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum