Wednesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:44 am

Mancini Azz a masterplan
MANCHESTER CITY boss Roberto Mancini already has one eye on life after Eastlands — as coach of his native Italy.
The 45-year-old joined City in December with the aim of getting the club into the Champions League.
Ex-Inter Milan coach Mancini has big plans for City but wants to take charge of the Azzurri in the future.
He said: "I work 18 hours a day to achieve an aim.
"In a couple of years, Manchester City has to win, like any other club where I have been.
"Now I'm thinking only of City. I will be here many years but one day I'd like to return to Italy and guide the national team."
Mancini won three league titles and four Italian Cup winners' medals in his seven years as a coach in Serie A at Lazio and Inter.
And he revealed he was welcomed to the Premier League by compatriots Carlo Ancelotti of Chelsea and Gianfranco Zola of West Ham.
But he did not hear anything from England coach Fabio Capello.
Mancini added: "When I arrived to Manchester, I had a call from Gianfranco and Carlo, but not from Fabio."

Wayne Bridge will be back for England, says Manchester City team-mate Kolo Toure
Manchester City defender Kolo Toure last night claimed heartbroken Wayne Bridge will play for England again.
Bridge stunned Three Lions boss Fabio Capello last week after ruling himself out of representing his country over former Chelsea team-mate John Terry’s affair with ex-partner Vanessa Perroncel.
Down but not out: Wayne Bridge will return to the England set-up, insists his Manchester City colleague Kolo Toure
The left-back’s decision has left Capello with a major headache ahead of tonight’s clash against Egypt and the World Cup with first-choice Ashley Cole sweating on his fitness for the summer after undergoing ankle surgery.
But Bridge’s Eastlands team-mate Toure is sure the defender will change his mind - maybe even in time for South Africa.
Toure, who is currently nursing a knee injury, said: 'You are proud to play for your country, but it’s been a difficult situation for him.
'Family life is so important, and if you are happy in your family life you can play better in your football.
'He is honest - when you do something you need to do it with your heart. If your heart isn’t there you need to think about it.
'I think in a few months he will come back, definitely. I think first he just needs some time to forget about this whole difficult time.'
Meanwhile, Toure admits he has struggled for fitness since returning from the Africa Cup of Nations earlier this year.
The Ivory Coast international will miss this afternoon's clash against Korea at Loftus Road due to a niggling knee injury that has dogged him since his return from Angola.
Toure spent the majority of the Ivorians training session yesterday running laps of the Loftus Road pitch alone before receiving treatment on the injury.
And the former Arsenal star said: 'It's been injured for a while and I came back from Africa injured.
'I've only been playing at 60 or 70 percent but I kept on playing because I wanted to help team.
'I've been feeling the injury more and more over - but the next few days will help me get over the injury which will help my club.'
Toure's selfless attitude will please Eastlands boss Roberto Mancini whose future at the club has been under scrutiny in recent weeks amidst claims of discontent within the City camp.
But Toure reckons all is rosy in the City camp and insists the Italian boss has adapted well to life in the Premier League.
He added: 'I think the manager has been good because the results have been there.
'We've played some tough games and played every two or three days which we're not used to but we are still in the race for the top four which is our most important target.'

Manchester City on high alert as Gonzalo Higuain turns down new Real Madrid offer
Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain has turned down a new contract offer amid reputed interest from Manchester City.
Higuain, 22, is Real's top scorer with 16 goal, three ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Argentine, though, is among the lowest paid of the senior squad on around £800,000-a-year.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Striker Fernando Torres says he would rather move to Spanish side Barcelona, than stay in English football if he is forced to leave Liverpool. The Reds may have to sell Torres, 25, to help repay the club's financial debt with Chelsea and Manchester City interested.
According to Spanish newspaper Sport, Liverpool striker Fernando Torres is keen on a move to Catalan giants Barcelona, if he is forced to leave Anfield. Sport suggests that Liverpool may have to sell their prized assets, including Torres in order to help repay the club's large financial debt. Although both Chelsea and Manchester City have been linked with the 25 year-old, Torres reportedly would prefer a move to Barcelona.
Sport discounts the possibility of a transfer to Real Madrid, given Torres' loyalty to his former club Atletico Madrid. But the Liverpool striker apparently feels "a great sympathy" for Barcelona and "wouldn't hesitate a single moment" to move to the Nou Camp.
During his time at Atletico Madrid, Barcelona president Joan Laporta "was flirting" with the signing of Torres, according to Sport. "El Nino" has been outstanding since moving to Anfield in 2007 and has scored 13 goals in 21 matches for Lvierpool so far this season

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed that he retains an interest in Brazil and Juventus defensive midfielder Felipe Melo, as he plans for the longer term without the stricken Aaron Ramsey. Full story: The Guardian

Wigan and Stoke are keen on Serbian defender Dusko Tosic, who is a free agent after leaving cash-strapped Portsmouth. Full story: The Daily Mail

David Beckham will return to to play for LA Galaxy in the United States after the World Cup. The England midfielder, 34, is currently on loan with Italian side AC Milan. The Sun

Everton are leading the chase for West Brom's highly-rated Graham Dorrans. The Scottish midfielder, 22, has hit 13 goals this term. The Sun

Manchester United midfielder Nani has urged manager Sir Alex Ferguson to press ahead with his bid for Sporting Lisbon midfielder Miguel Veloso. Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal are all interested in the 23-year-old. The Sun

Bolton boss Owen Coyle wants to sign United States midfielder Stuart Holden on a full-time deal after his impressive start at the Reebok Stadium. The 24-year-old is on a short-term contract to the end of the season. Daily Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Portsmouth will be offered a staggering £32m rescue deal from the Premier League to pay their tax bill and avoid going bust this season. Daily Mirror

Russia's bid to stage the World Cup in 2018 could be set to benefit from the political and financial firepower of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich. The Telegraph

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has poured cold water over reports suggesting he will quit the Blues to take over as Italy boss after this summer's World Cup. The Sun

Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone faces a long injury lay-off after a scan revealed he suffered ankle ligament damage against Everton. The Daily Mail

England captain Steven Gerrard says his wife, Alex Curran, will not be at the World Cup in South Africa with him, unless they reach the semi-finals. (Various)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Martinez » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Chinners wrote:

Manchester City on high alert as Gonzalo Higuain turns down new Real Madrid offer
Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain has turned down a new contract offer amid reputed interest from Manchester City.
Higuain, 22, is Real's top scorer with 16 goal, three ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Argentine, though, is among the lowest paid of the senior squad on around £800,000-a-year.

There is absolutely no reason why Real would let him go but f**k me, that would be some signing for us. Really, really rate him
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Ok, who read the bollox before me and ripped Page 3 out ?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum