Thursday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:51 am

SHAY Given insists Robinho will return to Manchester City next season.
The Brazil forward sealed a loan move back to boyhood club Santos in January after a frustrating spell at Eastlands.
City boss Roberto ­Mancini maintains that the door is wide open for Robinho to ­return to Manchester after the World Cup.
But Brazil chief Dunga urged the samba star to leave England on Tuesday – after claiming the former Real ­Madrid hitman is a lot ­happier since walking away from the Premier League.
City keeper Given doesn’t share Dunga’s view and ­reckons Robinho has a future under Mancini.
The Republic of Ireland stopper, 33, said: “He wasn’t ­playing enough here and he’s gone back to Santos to play and prepare for the World Cup."
“Hopefully he does well there, does well in the World Cup and he’ll come back to us a better player."
“Playing week in, week out in Brazil will help him and in the long- term it will benefit ­Manchester City.”
Given is now ­focused on a top four finish in the league and said: “We’ve got to push hard until the end of the season.”

Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez has hit out at Chelsea captain John Terry in the wake of his alleged affair with Wayne Bridge 's former partner.
Tevez scored two goals at Stamford Bridge on Saturday to help Manchester City to a 4-2 victory over Chelsea. He clashed with Terry during the match, but insisted "I fought with him because he took me by the shirt and I didn't like it. I became furious with him because of that."
However, the Argentinian forward did not hold back on his feelings towards Terry.
Tevez said, "It's complicated to say something about what Terry did to Bridge.
"I don't think you can do that with the wife of another player.
"It's wrong. In my opinion, Terry has no moral code for what he did to Bridge.
"In my neighbourhood if you do that, you lose your legs, or more - you don't survive."
The Manchester City star also blasted Terry's Chelsea team-mate, Germany captain Michael Ballack , saying, "I have always had problems with Ballack but, you know, it is just football, not personal issues between us.
"I don't know, maybe he doesn't like me, as I don't like him.
"On the field, I have never understood what he is saying to me but I am sure he didn't understand me either."
MCF.NET THREAD viewtopic.php?f=119&t=30818&start=25

Weiss Seeks Bolton Talks
Solvakian starlet Vladimir Weiss is unhappy with the playing time he has been afforded at Bolton and is seeking talks with Trotters boss Owen Coyle.
Weiss arrived at the Reebok Stadium during the January transfer window, on loan from Manchester City for the remainder of the season. The tricky winger had hoped the move would see him given more first-team opportunities ahead of the World Cup, in which he hopes to be a part of.
Speaking to Sport.sk, Weiss said of his disappointment: 'I am playing more often than at City but it is never more than 30 minutes and for me it is important to be in the starting line-up because that was the reason why I wanted to leave Manchester City.
'I would like to appear in the starting XI at least six times but there is not much time left until the end of this season.
'On the other hand, Bolton are a Premier League club with a big squad and I did not expect that I would have an easy way into the starting line-up. However, today I can say that I am disappointed.
'Maybe I expected a bit more from it. Well, what a shame that I'm not playing regularly again. I am trying to be patient but, maybe, I can't understand it yet.
'The coach promised me regular football but so far it has not been the case and soon I should have a chat with him about it to see what the future holds.'
The 20-year-old's home nation, managed by his father, also called Vladimir Weiss, have qualified for the World Cup finals in South Africa for the first time in their history as an independent nation, after finishing in first place in 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification - UEFA Group 3 ahead of Slovenia, Czech Republic, Northern Ireland, and Poland.
Weiss understands that although his father is the manager of the national team, he will not be granted any favours ahead of such a prestigious tournament, stating: 'I know that if I don't play, then I might possibly miss the World Cup, which would make me sad.
'Anyway, I am prepared to fight and do my best to appear in the starting XI for Bolton soon to deserve to travel to South Africa.'

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Chelsea boss Carlo ­Ancelotti is considering a bid for ­Benfica's £10m-rated Brazilian defender David Luiz. Manchester United and Real Madrid are also interested in the 22-year-old. Daily Mirror

Cesc Fabregas will resist interest from Barcelona and Real Madrid and decide to stay at Arsenal, according to the man who discovered the Gunners star. Scout Francis Cagigao said reports he had agreed to join Barca in the summer were wide of the mark. Daily Mail

Real Madrid have stated their intention to keep new signing Sergio Canales for the long term, by slapping a massive 150m Euro (£135m) release clause on the 19 year-old's contract. Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea are all reportedly interested in the attacking midfielder. IM Scouting

Italian giants Juventus have joined Manchester City in the chase for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain. The 22-year-old is also reported to have a 150m euro release clause. IM Scouting

Blackburn outcast Steven Reid is set to join Championship strugglers Sheffield Wednesday on loan until the end of the season. Daily Mirror

Sunderland are in talks with Paraguay star Cristian Riveros. Manager Steve Bruce wants to sign the midfielder from Mexican side Cruz Azul before the World Cup. Daily Mirror

Aston Villa defender Habib Beye has threatened to quit Aston Villa - barely seven months ­after joining them from Newcastle. The 32-year-old Senegal international is upset at his lack of first-team opportunities. Daily Star

OTHER BOLLOX
Newcastle United managing director Derek Llambias says the club has been taken off the market because no-one was willing to bid enough money for it. Daily Telegraph

Fulham defender Chris Smalling has admitted that his summer move to Manchester United came as a complete surprise to him. The 20-year-old was working as a waiter 18 months ago. Daily Mail
Last edited by Chinners on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:12 am

some of those release clauses are fucking maddening.

well in tev, i fucken hate ballack too
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:14 am

Cheers.

Tevez, brilliant.

Weiss needs to stop wasting the ball as he did v Blackburn if he's to get games for Bolton.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:02 am

in the absence of a WAG I give you - clint dempseys missus (also a US International footballer, fact fans)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010_swimsuit/painting/bethany-dempsey/10_bethany-dempsey_2.html
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:17 am

Wooders wrote:in the absence of a WAG I give you - clint dempseys missus (also a US International footballer, fact fans)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010_swimsuit/painting/bethany-dempsey/10_bethany-dempsey_2.html

Love the effort Wooders!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:20 am

mr_nool wrote:
Wooders wrote:in the absence of a WAG I give you - clint dempseys missus (also a US International footballer, fact fans)

Love the effort Wooders!

Haven't you got a Cross Country skiing race to watch instead of passing comment on City? ;)
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:34 am

Higuain and Di Maria look the business for me.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:44 am

Chinners are you serving some sort of WAG suspension? Has the other half finally caught you browsing spoiler.co.uk?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Lionheart » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:50 am

Good point about Weiss though, I 've been dissapointed with how little he's actually played for noblot.
Lionheart
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Chinners » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:27 am

craigmcfc wrote:Chinners are you serving some sort of WAG suspension? Has the other half finally caught you browsing spoiler.co.uk?

Ha ha, nah the spoiler links have been changed so you cant view the index piccy's now ... and I've used most of them at least twice now.

Fear not, a new revised service will be coming in the next week or so for all you WAG lovers.

Meanwhile from the Independent ...

The Andy Cole Column: The real reason I've hated Sheringham for 15 years: he refused to shake my hand

Teddy Sheringham snubbed Andy Cole when he was replaced by Cole, who was making his England debut against Uruguay in 1995

I would rather sit down and have a cuppa with Neil Ruddock, who broke my leg in two places in 1996, than with Teddy Sheringham, who I've pretty much detested for the past 15 years.

When I explain to you why that's the case, it might provide a small insight into why I think that anyone rushing to emphatic judgement on two of the big football stories of the past week should think again.

The stories I am referring to are the terrible injury sustained by Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey in that challenge with Stoke's Ryan Shawcross and the decision by Wayne Bridge to make himself unavailable for England, followed by that non-handshake with John Terry.

Let's tackle that tackle by Shawcross first. Many of you will have seen it several times by now, as I have. The consequences were horrible, not something you'd wish on anyone. Was the challenge late? Yes. Clumsy? Yes. Malicious? No.

Shawcross has an exceptionally clean record for a centre-half and you could tell by his reaction – crying in shock, and not at his red card – that he was as mortified as anyone.

I felt for both players and it goes without saying that I wish Ramsey the swiftest recovery. He is young, determined and shaping up to be some player, and he'll be back.

I can understand Arsène Wenger being upset at the injury, the third really serious one in recent times for his players. But if he truly thinks Shawcross set out to maim Ramsey then I'm afraid he's off the mark.

I was angry, more than angry, when Ruddock chopped me down in a reserves match and I was diagnosed afterwards with two ankle fractures that kept me out for months. We disagreed on how it happened. He claimed it was an honest challenge and that I fell badly, while I said late and reckless.

But even in my fury back then, which was also fuelled by frustration at being out of action, I never thought for a moment that Ruddock had maliciously taken me down with the intention of breaking my bones. No professional would do that to another unless there was something awry in their head.

I've never known Ruddock well, or at all really, before or since that tackle, but I accept what happened was ultimately part and parcel of football, a contact sport, and one that does produce serious casualties; thankfully, they are rare.

By the way, just to be clear about my introduction: I am not seeking any chat or love-in with Ruddock! But I don't have the lingering animosity for him I have for Sheringham.

Some of you will know the background to that, but perhaps not the full details. Others might be surprised our rift had such apparently mundane roots. But here's what happened.

It was early 1995, I had recently signed for Manchester United, and it was my England debut, against Uruguay. I was a sub. I came on for Sheringham (then at Spurs), after about 70 minutes. You'll need to understand what was in my head at that moment to get even close to comprehending my reaction to what happened next.

I was so nervous it was frightening. This was the culmination of a lifetime of ambition. You hear the cliché, "It means everything to play for my country". But trust me, it did. Not just for me, but for my family, my parents especially, who had endured all kinds of hardships to give us the chances we had. Becoming a pro had been incredible. Now the magnitude of playing for England was indescribable. The moment has arrived.

I walk on to the pitch, 60,000 or so watching. Sheringham is coming off. I expect a brief handshake, a "Good luck, Coley", something. I am ready to shake. He snubs me. He actively snubs me, for no reason I was ever aware of then or since. He walks off. I don't even know the bloke so he can't have any issue with me. We're fellow England players, it is my debut and he snubs me.

You know what my immediate thoughts were? "Jesus Christ! How many people just saw Teddy Sheringham do that to me?" I was embarrassed. I was confused. And there you have it. From that moment on, I knew Sheringham was not for me.

Two years later, in summer 1997, after Eric Cantona left United, Sheringham arrived. We played together for years. We scored a lot of goals. I never spoke a single word to him.

People wonder how on earth we could function like that. Gary Pallister once said to me: "I know you don't speak to Teddy and he doesn't speak to you, but at least you play well together." We did, and I wouldn't ever cast aspersions on Sheringham's talent as a top-rate footballer for his clubs and country. I've just loathed him personally for 15 years.

Which brings us to Bridge and Terry. I'd guess a lot of people will have seen Bridge giving Terry "the empty hand" and thought, "Well done". All I can say is I know what it's like to refuse to shake someone's hand, and if Bridgey thought that was the right thing to do at that moment for him, then fair enough.

My refusal was to shake the hand of referee Mike Dean when I was a Manchester City player. He had given me all kinds of ridiculous cards in the past and, in my strictly personal and biased view, the guy was a balloon of a ref who shouldn't be officiating. So I didn't shake his hand.

As for Bridge's decision not to play for England, what right has anyone to tell him his own mind? He owes you and me nothing. His decision is down to him. And he could still change it.
Last edited by Chinners on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:34 am

Chinners wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:Chinners are you serving some sort of WAG suspension? Has the other half finally caught you browsing spoiler.co.uk?

Ha ha, nah the spoiler links have been changed so you cant view the index piccy's now ... and I've used most of them at least twice now.

Fear not, a new revised service will be coming in the next week or so for all you WAG lovers.

Hmmm ok, just don't take too long or we'll have to get [strike]Erwin[/strike] Devs bollox back
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby john@staustell » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:01 pm

Seems Given has been making headlines about Robbie due to 'silly journos questions syndrome'.

When asked whether he thinks Robson has a future at Manchester City does Shay say:

a) No he's a useless cunt who's flopped, ruined morale and can fuck off

Or does he say:

b) “He wasn’t ­playing enough here and he’s gone back to Santos to play and prepare for the World Cup."
“Hopefully he does well there, does well in the World Cup and he’ll come back to us a better player."
“Playing week in, week out in Brazil will help him and in the long- term it will benefit ­Manchester City.”

:)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:03 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Love the effort Wooders!

Haven't you got a Cross Country skiing race to watch instead of passing comment on City? ;)

Sadly not. The Olympics is over. Besides, we've started winning again. Didn't you notice!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ronk » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:48 am

Nice Andy Cole charm offensive. I wonder how he'd have felt if Teddy had been sleeping with his missus.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum