Italian Press about Bobby?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Italian Press about Bobby?

Postby Beeks » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Anyone else hearing rumours about Juve wanting Mancini in the summer?

Apparently the Italian Press are reporting it at the moment?

Any Blues in Italy who can confirm?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Italian Press about Bobby?

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Wont go if he still has work at City.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby everyonehatesus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:04 pm

It doesn't really mater, if we dont finish in the top 4 they will let him go but if we do he will given a deal that nobody could match.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dazby » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:04 pm

I reckon it's a ploy by his agent to get City to tie down that 3.5 year deal.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beeks » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:07 pm

Been told it's been on Italian TV too...they are being a bit presumptious arn't they!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:16 pm

dazby wrote:I reckon it's a ploy by his agent to get City to tie down that 3.5 year deal.

If so, its a bit daft.

If beating Chelsea amongst a set of poor results didnt save Hughes' job, its certainly not going to be the trigger for a pot of gold to be thrown his way.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:57 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
dazby wrote:I reckon it's a ploy by his agent to get City to tie down that 3.5 year deal.

If so, its a bit daft.

If beating Chelsea amongst a set of poor results didnt save Hughes' job, its certainly not going to be the trigger for a pot of gold to be thrown his way.

It may in Italy since Mancini is already an established manager there and the Chelsea/City game was covered extensively in Italy, which is not surprising since it featured two top Italian managers, and as City under Mancini were the first to beat Chelsea this season at home and Juve need a manager next season the coverage of a prodigal son pulling a great result out of the hat in his first stint abroad is going to be of considerable interest to them.

Mancini in a way can't lose. If he misses out on 4th spot and gets the push it will be chalked down to impatient owners and if he gets 4th spot it will hailed as great management - well at least in Italy it will be - and if he still got the push for Mourinho he would be a wronged prodigal son and can write his own ticket in Italy be it Juve or wherever.

No wonder he looks so bleeding relaxed :)
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:14 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

If so, its a bit daft.

It may in Italy since Mancini is already an established manager there and the Chelsea/City game was covered extensively in Italy, which is not surprising since it featured two top Italian managers, and as City under Mancini were the first to beat Chelsea this season at home and Juve need a manager next season the coverage of a prodigal son pulling a great result out of the hat in his first stint abroad is going to be of considerable interest to them.

Mancini in a way can't lose. If he misses out on 4th spot and gets the push it will be chalked down to impatient owners and if he gets 4th spot it will hailed as great management - well at least in Italy it will be - and if he still got the push for Mourinho he would be a wronged prodigal son and can write his own ticket in Italy be it Juve or wherever.

I dont understand, what has italy's perception got to do with us offering him an extended deal?

Regardless of Juventus, there have been other reports about him being one of the favourites to become Italy coach after the WC, either way, I just struggle to see a situation where he will be staying if Mourinho is on the market.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Let me guess....would manchio want to

A:.....Stay with an up and coming English club with access to oooodles, nay oooooooooooodles of cash in the running for Champions league qualification, or....

B:....Move to a brand of football which fires managers with regularity, and a club which isn't guaranteed Championsleague football, doesn't have the financial clout of his current employer, and is possibly on the wane or certainly in a transitional period?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Manx Blue wrote:Move to a brand of football which fires managers with regularity

*cough*
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:39 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:Move to a brand of football which fires managers with regularity

*cough*

Splutter, Choke!!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:42 pm

Manx Blue wrote:Let me guess....would manchio want to

A:.....Stay with an up and coming English club with access to oooodles, nay oooooooooooodles of cash in the running for Champions league qualification, or....

B:....Move to a brand of football which fires managers with regularity, and a club which isn't guaranteed Championsleague football, doesn't have the financial clout of his current employer, and is possibly on the wane or certainly in a transitional period?

C: Take the Italian nation job and be pretty much guaranteed a salary for 4 years, then move on to your pick of top European sides

Critical to all the above though, he isnt going to get to make any choice if Mourinho is available

Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby btajim » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

*cough*

Splutter, Choke!!

Kermit the Frog in my throat. Does he have legs?!

COMS: Keegan, Pearce, Eriksson, Hughes, Mancini... They've barely had time to change the screensaver on their PC before the P45 comes through.

Mancini is ultimately employable in Italy due to his track record there. He's got nothing to worry about.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:03 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Anyone else hearing rumours about Juve wanting Mancini in the summer?

Apparently the Italian Press are reporting it at the moment?

Any Blues in Italy who can confirm?

RM had already declined Juventus proposal last summer.
Since he'd been sacked by Inter, he was looking for a proper challange at EPL and studied accordingly: definitely City (summing up either positives and negatives) is the best and most attractive challange in EPL. At least insofar a manager who actually like challanges is concerned. It would be slightly different whether a manager which rather prefer to reiterate his winning image should be concerned.

As rightly assessed by other Mates it is completely up to City Board.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:04 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

If so, its a bit daft.

I dont understand, what has italy's perception got to do with us offering him an extended deal?

Regardless of Juventus, there have been other reports about him being one of the favourites to become Italy coach after the WC, either way, I just struggle to see a situation where he will be staying if Mourinho is on the market.

Absolutely nothing. You said that Hughes beating Chelsea didn't save him from the sack and the same would not trigger a pot of gold to be thrown his (Mancini's) way, however in Italy it might trigger a pot of gold since the perception of Mancini is far different there then it is here especially as the Chelsea game was given a lot of coverage in Italy.

I am also bored with the will we/won't we hire Jose/keep Mancini in the summer business. I like both managers, rate both managers with Jose ahead because he is the best football manager in the world bar none at the moment.

As long as we don't end up with David Moyes or Gary fucking Megson then I officially don't care who is manager in the summer.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:10 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

If so, its a bit daft.

Absolutely nothing. You said that Hughes beating Chelsea didn't save him from the sack and the same would not trigger a pot of gold to be thrown his (Mancini's) way, however in Italy it might trigger a pot of gold since the perception of Mancini is far different there then it is here especially as the Chelsea game was given a lot of coverage in Italy.

I am also bored with the will we/won't we hire Jose/keep Mancini in the summer business. I like both managers, rate both managers with Jose ahead because he is the best football manager in the world bar none at the moment.

As long as we don't end up with David Moyes or Gary fucking Megson then I officially don't care who is manager in the summer.

Probably at cross purposes here then, I was answering the suggestion by someone that an agent could use the interest in italy as leverage to sort out a longer deal with city, which at this stage would be a ridiculous thing for the club to get involved in.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:50 pm

And in reckoning..... which particularlar of Your abilities/qualifications are U using, Dazby???

I mean, democracy and freedom of speech are greatest achievements... so that should also be decent behaviours and RESPECT for a person that is doing nothing but fairly efforting his best to bring success to City.

I like browsing this forum, very much, even if it drives me mad sometimes. I really really wonder why some people is so compunsively compelled to behave at the current incumbent like if he was a baby's raper!

Is perhaps any moderator, which after reading loads of their intelligent contributions I all rate very much (either when I agree with them or not), who can compassionatedly explain me the matter, cuz I still continue to fail in understanding it, since I joined few months ago.

Or perhaps I do misanderstand the actual meaning/mission of open forums and the whole internet.....

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beeks » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:52 pm

MANCIO4EVER wrote:

And in reckoning..... which particularlar of Your abilities/qualifications are U using, Dazby???

I mean, democracy and freedom of speech are greatest achievements... so that should also be decent behaviours and RESPECT for a person that is doing nothing but fairly efforting his best to bring success to City.

I like browsing this forum, very much, even if it drives me mad sometimes. I really really wonder why some people is so compunsively compelled to behave at the current incumbent like if he was a baby's raper!

Is perhaps any moderator, which after reading loads of their intelligent contributions I all rate very much (either when I agree with them or not), who can compassionatedly explain me the matter, cuz I still continue to fail in understanding it, since I joined few months ago.

Or perhaps I do misanderstand the actual meaning/mission of open forums and the whole internet.....

Hmmm...I'm beginning to think you're Bobby Manc

Say Playeeeeers
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:55 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:

Say Playeeeeers

I'm totally lost, who is he accusing of being a baby's raper, isn't Edge still banned for that lol
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:24 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:

Say Playeeeeers

I'd definetely be far less stressed than I am. Hmmm... I'd also had feet hugely more educated than those a former rugger (like I modestly had been in my youth) might ever have. Nice humor, then.

Still counting to have a proper (pointed) reply by deputed officials.... particularly if I consider that, as much as I can effort, I cannot find a single word I posted hereon that had been anything but a fair, polite, house rules accorded, behaved attempt to enjoy a nice exchange of opinion with all smart (brained) City Fans.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum