Wright says we treat Shaun like a youth team player

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Wright says we treat Shaun like a youth team player

Postby Goataldo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:08 pm

Goaters 103, I think that's just about bang on.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby btajim » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:04 pm

MaseCTID wrote:Agree with everything apart from the bit in bold mate. Ali B? Berkovic??

I meant towards the end of Keegan's tenure. Ali B had retired and he'd frozen Berkovic out. Should have specified, really.

Keegan rejuvinated City and stabilised us as a Premiership Club. Eternally thankful for that. I just wish the emotional sod hadn't buried himself with "I'll leave at the end of next season" stuff. No Manager should ever do that.

Shauny's sale allowed us to wipe off some of the debt and forced the rest of the players to become more like a Team. And then we bought him back for much less than what we got. Love it.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby john68 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:07 am

You're right about Ian Wright Lee but it doesn't do anything positive for young SWP or his future relationship with City.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Paul68 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:27 am

King Kev wrote:
john68 wrote:I really don't see what Ian Wright hopes to achieve by dragging all this out in such a way into the public domain.
Publicity! He is an attention whore.

spot on KK

Instead of saying "well done son - you're earning over 3 million - yes 3 million a year" he starts this amazing rant..
And he needs to look at himself to see who's being mugged off... he's got a shit tv show and a shit radio show 'cos he's too stupid to do anything else.
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Wooders » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:46 am

SWP's made a heartfelt plee for a new contract via the sun - says it isn't about money, but he wants to finish his career here and start a coaching role - to be honest he's said all the right words for me and I am definitely pro him getting a new contract - he's the sort of player who can still be useful at 32 anyway
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:46 am

Ok, here's an idea. Let's put the contract negotiations on ice for AT LEAST a year and then see what the situation is. I'd be stupid for us to offer long term contract extensions to ANYONE a this stage as we have no idea who our manager for the future will be. Once Mancini's position is cemented OR new man comes in, start the discussions again.

On the subject of SWP's commitment, I can't believe the bullshit I read here sometimes. He has NEVER given us anything but his 100% (and usually squeezes few extra on top of that) on the pitch. I don't think his contract negotiations will have ANYTHING to do with how he performs. It's highly unfair to question his commitment on the pitch when he has shown nothing that would indicate he is holding out on the pitch.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:14 am

Wooders wrote:SWP's made a heartfelt plee for a new contract via the sun - says it isn't about money, but he wants to finish his career here and start a coaching role - to be honest he's said all the right words for me and I am definitely pro him getting a new contract - he's the sort of player who can still be useful at 32 anyway

Just read that article, reads a lot like he's trying to repair the damage Ian Wright did to his image with his stupid rant, putting the fire out so to speak.

The guy has 2 plus years left on his contract so why on earth are we obligated to get into negotiations with him at this stage?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:15 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Ok, here's an idea. Let's put the contract negotiations on ice for AT LEAST a year and then see what the situation is. I'd be stupid for us to offer long term contract extensions to ANYONE a this stage as we have no idea who our manager for the future will be. Once Mancini's position is cemented OR new man comes in, start the discussions again.

On the subject of SWP's commitment, I can't believe the bullshit I read here sometimes. He has NEVER given us anything but his 100% (and usually squeezes few extra on top of that) on the pitch. I don't think his contract negotiations will have ANYTHING to do with how he performs. It's highly unfair to question his commitment on the pitch when he has shown nothing that would indicate he is holding out on the pitch.

Absolutely and reading this re enforces that:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/06/shaun-wright-phillips-manchester-city
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:32 am

I read something (but can't remember the details) but it was concerning football agents & the period of 3 years. Some kind of newish rule regarding an agent representing a player & the period of 3 years was a deadline for something but I can't remember what!

I remember thinking though, that I'd watch to see in the future whether agents started unsettling players towards the end of the 3 year period because whatever the rule was, it affected the position or earnings of the agent, therefore it was in their interests to do a deal each 3 years. Anyone know what the fuck I'm talking about because I clearly don't & could be talking shite but there is some kind of rule ?

Perhaps something like 'an agent can only represent a player for 3 years of a contract at one club' something like that?

Could it be that Ian Wright or his cronies lose their cut if SWP stays at City but doesn't sign soon?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:43 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I read something (but can't remember the details) but it was concerning football agents & the period of 3 years. Some kind of newish rule regarding an agent representing a player & the period of 3 years was a deadline for something but I can't remember what!

I remember thinking though, that I'd watch to see in the future whether agents started unsettling players towards the end of the 3 year period because whatever the rule was, it affected the position or earnings of the agent, therefore it was in their interests to do a deal each 3 years. Anyone know what the fuck I'm talking about because I clearly don't & could be talking shite but there is some kind of rule ?

Perhaps something like 'an agent can only represent a player for 3 years of a contract at one club' something like that?

Could it be that Ian Wright or his cronies lose their cut if SWP stays at City but doesn't sign soon?

Edit: Just realised it was someone I heard on 'Talksport' explaining the rules & as as they get everything arse over fucking tit it's probably a load of bollocks.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum