question on kids football

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: question on kids football

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:22 pm

zuricity wrote:Rural, Mr nool is pretty close to the right way to train/ coach with six year olds. Blue thingy is also quite correct too.

At the age of six children should be enjoying the game. Every child should spend as much time in a training session working with a ball. IT certainly isn't about scoring goals at this level. Rather who scores goals. When young johnny starts getting double hattricks in a game , his coach should pull him out give him a rest and then play him in defense for example, to give others a chance to learn and play the game. A child of six rarely has spacial awareness for example, it needs to be developed in all the players not just the one apparent talent in the team.

You will find that the more the kids work with a ball , as long as possible in training, they will soon catch up on johnny hattrick.

In any case the teams should not be playing eleven a side at this level, no more that six out field players. THey can all learn to take turns in goal too, (especially Johnny hattrick).

fantastic point about taking johnny hattrick and playing him in defence, this is a point which is lost on most parents. I have done this many times and had some very negative feedback from some parents, however, IT IS A MUST for all coaches.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Scatman » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:31 pm

As somebody said earlier, the bloke who's doing the poaching is acting like a cock. Can you do your bit for the human race by having a word with the bloke? His kid has a twat for a dad and it'll probably make little difference, but it might be as well to point to him out that they are 6 and should be having a laugh and not thinking of playing for Man United just yet. He might have overlooked it and might respond positively to being patronised. He might tell you where to go, which is more likely. If it comes off, you will have made a positive impact on some poor kid's life. If not, you can't say you didn't try. Don't just sit back.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:39 pm

Hope this redresses the balance a little about coaches (not clubs) being cunts

My oldest (8) is really not very good at football but wants to play, so we found a team for him to train with last year. The coach was a top lad, knew what he was doing and really helped to boost the confidence of the squad he took on. They were the "b" team of a established club, and a lot of the kids found their level and some of them really progressed under the coach. They got beat most weeks, but they enjoyed the run out.

They got beat most weeks but you could really see the progress of some of the players, who flourished with the freedom.

At the awards dinner, the club announced completely out of the blue that the ones who had progressed were being put into the "a" team, and the rest were being disbanded. The coach was so upset, in tears as it was announced when he was on stage that he wasnt needed any more. The poor guy on the stage grabbed the microphone in tears an apologised for letting the rest of the lads and parents down.

It was horrible, the guy was genuinely gutted, he was doing a top job as was proved by the promotion of a good few players, yet despite the b team being funded purely by the lads subs, they fucked it off because they got beat every week and it didnt reflect well on the club.

When I was a kid we played for the local cubs team and lost 26.0 many weeks (no idea why 26, but it just was). We paid our subs and still turned up just like these lads did and they kept it going because they knew that even though we got twatted every week, we enjoyed having a run out, and one day it clicked, we won - and we didnt stop winning for 3 years, won everything in sight. 2 lads ended up at lilleshall, another ended up playing for Bury and 2 for Rochdale.

Fucking annoys me how short sighted people are when it comes to kids, they should know better
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:20 am

johnpb78 wrote:When I was a kid we played for the local cubs team and lost 26.0 many weeks (no idea why 26, but it just was). We paid our subs and still turned up just like these lads did and they kept it going because they knew that even though we got twatted every week, we enjoyed having a run out, and one day it clicked, we won - and we didnt stop winning for 3 years, won everything in sight. 2 lads ended up at lilleshall, another ended up playing for Bury and 2 for Rochdale.

Wasn't Paul O'Shaughnessy was it?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nige » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:22 pm

my lads in an U8s team and I've been seeing something shocking in the manchester mini soccer league for a few weeks now. Nothing to do with nicking decent players but adds further context to the 'cunts' ruining kids football.

a) coaching the tallest/strongest 7 year old kid in the team to shoot directly from kick-off. If the shot goes some distance in causes chaos in the defending box and goalies of 3.5 feet in height have no chance. I saw a goal go in last week and the coach was jumping up and down like a lune shouting nice one 'kids name' just like we've practiced. Well fuck me if scoting a fucking shit goal that willnever be legal in a proper game is good coaching then there's hope for Alan Wigley yet!

b) 'get fuckin stuck in', ' dont stand there like a mong' just two comments from so called coaches again from last week's game. Now these may be the usual language of the coach but it isn't good enough.The FA or oganisors need to take stock of 'scrote' football before it takes over.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum