Sunderlan Allocation Reduced Because Of Standing.....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunderlan Allocation Reduced Because Of Standing.....

Postby pepsi_dave » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:30 pm

From the OS:
http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2010/M ... Sunderland

Really pisses me off this..... why is it all of a sudden so dangerous to stand during the match, but before the match, during half time, and after the match it's perfectly acceptable and "safe" to stand up with the added hazard of thousands of people moving at the same time....

I'd really like to see any conclusive evidence that supports that standing at football matches is dangerous, especially since the introduction of all seater stadiums. The very fact that there are rows and rows of seats prevents any events such as hillsborough ever happening again because people simply cant bunch that tightly, if anything the seats themselves pose the hazard!!!

I personally say take out the seats, as they pose a health and safety hazard to any fans who wish to stand up.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: Sunderlan Allocation Reduced Because Of Standing.....

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Standing is not dangerous, just look at German stadiums. Letting too many people into one stand, causing a crush, is where the danger lies. Seats wouldn't prevent a crush if too many people were let into one stand, in fact the seats would become a hazard then.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:47 pm

Hmm lets think this one through a minute:

City fans keep standing up, so Sunderland are punished in the pocket. Nice one.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john68 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:35 pm

The league chairmen only used safety as an excuse to accept compulsory seating at grounds.
Initially it was only one of many recommendations in the report and it was one that the Chairman readily accepted without a fuss.
IT WAS ABOUT FINANCE
It coincided with the time that Sky were showing an interest and for the first time clubs had got a way of charging a fee for those not attending games. The loss of gate revenue could be more than offset by the increased price of a seat (as opposed to standing) and the fees paid by the TV companies.

If we want standing terraces to return, we would have to address the INCOME criteria. Until we do, we have no chance. Seats = MONEY
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Fish111 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:37 pm

I long for the days when standing will be the norm again. The kippax in full flow backwards & forwards, side to side & up and down was awesome. Sure, something had to be done after Hillsborough but the all-seater was a knee-jerk reaction and as usual was ill thought out for the benefit of football. Politicians fucking with football always ends in disaster.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby halfpenny » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:04 pm

Getting a petition going on the No 10 website on this issue, please sign and spread the word.
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/footballstanding/
halfpenny
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby john68 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:04 pm

Fish111 wrote:I long for the days when standing will be the norm again. The kippax in full flow backwards & forwards, side to side & up and down was awesome. Sure, something had to be done after Hillsborough but the all-seater was a knee-jerk reaction and as usual was ill thought out for the benefit of football. Politicians fucking with football always ends in disaster.

Sadly after Hillsbrough, it was well thought out...by the accountants.
Since when were fans ever considered?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby King Kev » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:01 am

I am yet to see any evidence that there is legislation against standing at a football ground.

The ruling was that every fan should be allocated a seat, there is nothing to say that they have to sit in it.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum