Robbie: He's pushing my buttons

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robbie: He's pushing my buttons

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:04 am

Rag_hater wrote:

Previously youv'e said all players are mercinaries and and are only interested in their bank balances and you accept that and think thats the way it is.
And now cos you want to make a point its down to loyalty,whereas before you knew loyalty had fuckall to do with it.
I dont feel he has stuck two fingers up at me.Maybe I've missed something.
He has said he thinks the chosen one is inept.Theres a few others on here who have said that.
But you love the chosen one so its no suprise that you'd stick up for him when he makes a stupid decision.

They ARE merceneries. What does that have to do with giving bad publicity to company you are contracted to? I am mercenery when it comes to work but I wouldn't go in public moaning about my boss. That'd be heavily against my contractual obligations.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:14 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Previously youv'e said all players are mercinaries and and are only interested in their bank balances and you accept that and think thats the way it is.
And now cos you want to make a point its down to loyalty,whereas before you knew loyalty had fuckall to do with it.
I dont feel he has stuck two fingers up at me.Maybe I've missed something.
He has said he thinks the chosen one is inept.Theres a few others on here who have said that.
But you love the chosen one so its no suprise that you'd stick up for him when he makes a stupid decision.

They ARE merceneries. What does that have to do with giving bad publicity to company you are contracted to? I am mercenery when it comes to work but I wouldn't go in public moaning about my boss. That'd be heavily against my contractual obligations.

You'd probably have to go to all the hassle and expense of finding another job if you publically criticised your boss(so its probably sensible to keep your mouth shut) whereas its less of a worry to Robson.
I'm sure if you got humiliated enough you'd engineer things so they started happening in your favour.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Crossie » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:24 am

Robinho thinks he is some sort of God.

Put 9/10 players upfront for Brazil and they will score plenty of goals.

The fact remains, Robinho had gone shit, a liability in the first 11, a disruption in the squad, and a drain on morale.

We did EXACTLY the right thing by loaning him far far away. Id actually like him to come back under another manager, and see how the crowd react to him, and how he deals with it.

Right now, i hate him.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:28 am

Rag Hater -I find it hard sometimes to believe you're a city fan mate. I know you are, but its difficult to see on a number of occasions. I've not been a big fan of Mancini so far, but you speak of him just like you did of the last, with a snarling sarcasm "the chosen one" "clueless".

You also don't see a problem with anything Robinho has ever done as far as city is concerned and I believe every city fan is disappointed with him at the moment.

Do you just like controversy or what is it chief?
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:46 am

Original Dub wrote:Rag Hater -I find it hard sometimes to believe you're a city fan mate. I know you are, but its difficult to see on a number of occasions. I've not been a big fan of Mancini so far, but you speak of him just like you did of the last, with a snarling sarcasm "the chosen one" "clueless".

You also don't see a problem with anything Robinho has ever done as far as city is concerned and I believe every city fan is disappointed with him at the moment.

You'd have to say that I've shown some degree of consistency.I think I'm a little less fickle than some on here but thats a separate point.As for calling Roberto the Chosen one I think I may have mentioned that it wasn't me who came up with that I first heard Jose calling him it and the clueless comment is,in this thread, the first time I've used it and something I think I am repeating from the mouths of others.
Like you say most of City fans are dissapointed with Robbie but I'm for my sins not one of them.
I dont mind being in the minority as its something I have grown used to but I dont seek to cause controversy as you suggest its just something that happens due to the way I see things.
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:16 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Rag Hater -I find it hard sometimes to believe you're a city fan mate. I know you are, but its difficult to see on a number of occasions. I've not been a big fan of Mancini so far, but you speak of him just like you did of the last, with a snarling sarcasm "the chosen one" "clueless".

You'd have to say that I've shown some degree of consistency.I think I'm a little less fickle than some on here but thats a separate point.As for calling Roberto the Chosen one I think I may have mentioned that it wasn't me who came up with that I first heard Jose calling him it and the clueless comment is,in this thread, the first time I've used it and something I think I am repeating from the mouths of others.
Like you say most of City fans are dissapointed with Robbie but I'm for my sins not one of them.
I dont mind being in the minority as its something I have grown used to but I dont seek to cause controversy as you suggest its just something that happens due to the way I see things.

Fair enough. You seem to LIKE being in the minority though. And I find that if I'm in the minority 9 times out of 10 I'm probably wrong - not saying you are in this case, but you seem to be in the "minority" on almost every single subject!

You say its "because of the way I see things". What way is that mate?!
Original Dub

Postby branny » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Doing well for us isn't his priority. Doing well for Brazil in the world cup is. The Premiership is physical so he obviously doesn't want to get injured so he was putting little effort in.. Nobody in Brazil is gonna risk injuring one of the star players or they'll probably get shot. He's not gonna displace Bellers or Tevez anyway so let him rot. Selfish and purely about self preservation.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Well i cant say anything good about him as far as this season goes. He had a poor work rate, a bad attitude and thinks he's better than he really is.
There is only one way to become the best player in the world and thats by playing like it rather than talking about it.
I dont wish to see him back at City anytime soon. If we truely wish to be one of the top teams in Europe then we have to build a team of players that get on and fight for every loose ball, cover each other and attacke as a unit. You can't do this when have a single player that believes they are bigger than the club.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:58 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:Well i cant say anything good about him as far as this season goes. He had a poor work rate, a bad attitude and thinks he's better than he really is.
There is only one way to become the best player in the world and thats by playing like it rather than talking about it.
I dont wish to see him back at City anytime soon. If we truely wish to be one of the top teams in Europe then we have to build a team of players that get on and fight for every loose ball, cover each other and attacke as a unit. You can't do this when have a single player that believes they are bigger than the club.

If Tevez has a good world cup and a decent start to the season, he'll be a hell of a lot closer to world player of the year 2010 than this deserter can ever hope to be. In fact, he'll be a lot closer than nearly every other player in the world will be I reckon.
Original Dub

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:26 pm

Zlatan Ibrahimovich

'Mancini will change the mentality of the club because he is a great coach, and the players will realize it soon enough.
"Only the great coaches are able to guide the great players.

Current club - FC Barcelona

Robinho

"I spoke to the manager after the game," Robinho said. "He admitted to me that he had made a mistake taking me off. It was the first time I have had to go through something like that in my career but I suppose there's always a first time. It wasn't a lack of respect, though. I just think it was a lack of ability on the part of the manager."

Current club - Santos FC
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:05 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:Zlatan Ibrahimovich

'Mancini will change the mentality of the club because he is a great coach, and the players will realize it soon enough.

Robinho

"I spoke to the manager after the game," Robinho said. "He admitted to me that he had made a mistake taking me off. It was the first time I have had to go through something like that in my career but I suppose there's always a first time. It wasn't a lack of respect, though. I just think it was a lack of ability on the part of the manager."

Current club - Santos FC

Says it all really
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Fair enough. You seem to LIKE being in the minority though. And I find that if I'm in the minority 9 times out of 10 I'm probably wrong - not saying you are in this case, but you seem to be in the "minority" on almost every single subject!

You say its "because of the way I see things". What way is that mate?!

I suppose because lets say for example some people think Ade is lazy,I dont
Theres a bit of what I think is a bit of OTT praise of Craig going on on here at the moment.I see him giving the ball away a lot and poor crossing and passing.Until the last couple of games he has not been playing very well IMO.
Some people think NDJ is doing a better job than Gareth whereasI dont think he is.
Some examples how things may look different to me.
There may be only me or a few others who share these views.
the_georgian_genius wrote:Zlatan Ibrahimovich

Robinho

Current club - Santos FC

The thing I find strange about that is that if the manager takes of a player after putting him on and is seen to be doing what he thinks is right when the player replies to what has just happened he is pilloried for saying he thought.It was the wrong thing to do.
What do people want Robbie to say."It was great the best thing that ever happened to me,I'm so glad he insulted me by taking me off".So when asked about the situation the fact that he gives an answer that most people would give,he is made out to be a villian.
And theres people on here who say they hate him so why would you ant to come back to that when the manager has already shown you what he thinks of you.
And also this interview was probably done in Portugese so the old lost in translation bit might not be what some people want to acknowledge but from what I know some words that may sound similar in different languages have totally different meanings.
Rag_hater

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:19 pm

Mate people say they hate him or are fed up with him because of how he has carried on. At the first sniff of having to fight for his place he was gone. And since he left he's saying he doesn't want to come back.

How the FUCK can you stick up for someone who doesn't even want to be at the club you love, despite the fact that we made him one of the highest payed players in the world and chant his name when he touches the ball?

He is taking the piss out of Manchester City by going to the press on an almost weekly basis to state he doesn't want to come back and as much as I'm unsure about Mancini, how the fuck would Robinho know what he does and doesn't want from him asd a player when he was only here a wet week when he deserted ship.

Fuck that, I may be unsure about Mancini, but I have no time for any player who tries to undermine the manager of our club while he is still trying to help us win shit.

Gutless, windy, ungrateful, lazy and so full of self importance he is likely to be an old man looking back and realising that his lack of fight wasted what could potentially have been the career of a truely great footballer who won it all.

That's not hatred, that's observation.
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Kladze wrote:
I hope the fucker stinks up the world cup bigtime.

Don't be daft...I hope he has the best world cup ever...then we can sell him at a decent price
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:52 pm

Original Dub wrote:Mate people say they hate him or are fed up with him because of how he has carried on. At the first sniff of having to fight for his place he was gone. And since he left he's saying he doesn't want to come back.

How the FUCK can you stick up for someone who doesn't even want to be at the club you love, despite the fact that we made him one of the highest payed players in the world and chant his name when he touches the ball?

He is taking the piss out of Manchester City by going to the press on an almost weekly basis to state he doesn't want to come back and as much as I'm unsure about Mancini, how the fuck would Robinho know what he does and doesn't want from him asd a player when he was only here a wet week when he deserted ship.

Fuck that, I may be unsure about Mancini, but I have no time for any player who tries to undermine the manager of our club while he is still trying to help us win shit.

Gutless, windy, ungrateful, lazy and so full of self importance he is likely to be an old man looking back and realising that his lack of fight wasted what could potentially have been the career of a truely great footballer who won it all.

That's not hatred, that's observation.

I'll stick up for him because I dont think he has been afforded as much leeway as some of our other players.
As I say I hope he does't come back as I'm getting sick of sticking up for him,he is obviously ,despite my own liking of him,not the kind of player who makes the majority happy.And although I may be one of a few what the majority want is fine by me.
However all this stuff that is said about him disrespecting our club and sticking two fingers up at the fans is not a view I subscibe to.
And the idea that he doesn't want to come back to us and has a few bad things to say about the manager doesn't upset me that much.As I've said before I dont know what reply people were expecting to hear about his feelings towards Mancini but what he said seems pretty normal to me.Therefore I dont see anything untoward about him saying he would want to come back here considering how Roberto treated him.Regardless of what some people think of him maybe his pride has been slandered
Last season there wasn't a lot of bad stuff being said about him.What gets me is the speed of the hate towards him that has mainly been generated this season when he seems to have been given very little chance.
Rag_hater

Postby Fish111 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:31 pm

Crossie wrote:Robinho thinks he is some sort of God.

Put 9/10 players upfront for Brazil and they will score plenty of goals.

The fact remains, Robinho had gone shit, a liability in the first 11, a disruption in the squad, and a drain on morale.

We did EXACTLY the right thing by loaning him far far away. Id actually like him to come back under another manager, and see how the crowd react to him, and how he deals with it.

Right now, i hate him.

I agree with every single word here. He's a disruptive slapped-arse we can do without.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:49 pm

I think hate is a bit much.

I'm indifferent towards him, other than wishing him the best. It just didn't work out, he was brilliant at times, he was anonymous at times. We aren't embarrassed by losing him, because the "statement of intent" worked, regardless of whether the player did.

I hope he does well where ever he goes, he has definitely helped in some ways of helping us arrive at the top end of the table.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby gillie » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:51 pm

If Macini insulted Robinho by substituiting him at Everton it was because he was insulting us fans by his totally woeful performance and attitude to the game.Yes i know there were others culpable at Everton but Robinho was woeful most games he played for us this season.In the long term i dont want a non trier back at our club and you can bet that most big clubs wont touch him with a bargepole.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:09 pm

gillie wrote:If Macini insulted Robinho by substituiting him at Everton it was because he was insulting us fans by his totally woeful performance and attitude to the game.Yes i know there were others culpable at Everton but Robinho was woeful most games he played for us this season.In the long term i dont want a non trier back at our club and you can bet that most big clubs wont touch him with a bargepole.

I didn't feel insulted by him and I'm a fan so your not speaking for me.
And you happily admit he was among one of many who were woeful against Everton but as he is the scapegoat cos of the jealousy there exists amongst our fans about the money he is paid its easy for the Robbie haters to find an excuse.
I wonder will Carlos get the same treatment next year if he doesn't get of to a flying start?
Rag_hater

Postby gillie » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
gillie wrote:If Macini insulted Robinho by substituiting him at Everton it was because he was insulting us fans by his totally woeful performance and attitude to the game.Yes i know there were others culpable at Everton but Robinho was woeful most games he played for us this season.In the long term i dont want a non trier back at our club and you can bet that most big clubs wont touch him with a bargepole.

I didn't feel insulted by him and I'm a fan so your not speaking for me.
And you happily admit he was among one of many who were woeful against Everton but as he is the scapegoat cos of the jealousy there exists amongst our fans about the money he is paid its easy for the Robbie haters to find an excuse.
I wonder will Carlos get the same treatment next year if he doesn't get of to a flying start?

Opinions thats what makes this place great i gave you mine and you replied with yours fair enough.Oh btw Carlos will always try that my friend imo is the difference.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum