Robbie: He's pushing my buttons

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robbie: He's pushing my buttons

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:56 pm

I'd personally prefer to keep Robbie than let him go and am still under the opinion that he wasn't at his best due to his injury earlier in the season. He doesn't piss me off in the least as in most cases, he isn't a true Blue.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby halnone » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:41 pm

i kind of want him back at city because I still think there's a chance he could perform like he did last season. But i still hate the little fucker
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby peg-6 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Let him go, and take Neyma instead. This kid Neyma will be a star. He will be 10 times better than Robbie.
peg-6
Robinho's Step Over

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:23 pm

he will miss us more than we will miss him.

wonderful player to watch on his day but City are a team and that word don't seem to figure too much in old Robson's vocab.

if you grow some fucking balls in the next four to five months then safe, come back and fight for the shirt and the team. if not then enjoy your life of complacency in Brasil.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:24 pm

peg-6 wrote:Let him go, and take Neyma instead. This kid Neyma will be a star. He will be 10 times better than Robbie.

Or we could just sign a young Argie.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby btajim » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:41 pm

gillie wrote:If Macini insulted Robinho by substituiting him at Everton it was because he was insulting us fans by his totally woeful performance and attitude to the game.Yes i know there were others culpable at Everton but Robinho was woeful most games he played for us this season.In the long term i dont want a non trier back at our club and you can bet that most big clubs wont touch him with a bargepole.

City's Top Scorer last season to something like this. Imagine it's the day we signed him and then imagine someone telling you that he'd be shipped out on loan to a Club in Brazil within 18 months. And furthermore, that nobody would be melting their Seasoncards in anger...

1% of Bellamy's work ethic. That's all he needs!
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:38 pm

MEN:

Robinho has given the clearest indication yet that he intends to return to City in the summer.

The Brazil ace recently paid the rental on a £2m converted barn in Mobberley until January.

His current loan spell with Santos expires in July in time for Robinho to return to pre-season training with the Blues.

But since returning to his homeland in January, the £32.5m British record signing has increasingly appeared to distance himself from a return to Manchester.

This week he was reported to have said that current City boss Roberto Mancini "lacked quality" after putting him on as a substitute at Everton and then taking him off less than an hour later.

City released the player on a six-month deal - under which Santos pay his wages - in the hope that a spectacular World Cup would either reinvigorate him or at least raise his value ahead of a summer sale.

But Robinho himself has instructed's City's player welfare department to sort out the details of his house rental for another year - and he has not sold the £170,000 Lamborghini car he bought after joining City in 2008.

Ideally, City would like Robinho to return in top form - and have the added incentive of Champions League football and a couple of big-name new teammates.

Reports this week have linked them with Real Madrid's Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain but Blues sources insist that no moves will be made until the club's position next season is determined.

Chelsea's Joe Cole would also be on City's radar, especially if they reach the Champions League and with Cole out of contract they could face a fight with neighbours United for the England man's signature.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby brite blu sky » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Robson is in a tricky situation tbh.
He is obligated to return to M/c whatever the weather.
He is going to have a minimum of 25mil price tag ( plus his wage demands ), so that means only a select number of clubs are going to be able to afford him.
He has to be careful how he plays it, because if he is seen to be petulant again with City then he is going to put a big black mark next to his name as a player who is difficult to deal with. If he refuses to try and redeem himself at City and sulks, then there are going to be very few clubs in europe that would be willing to take a gamble on those wages regardless of what he does at the WC

What he needs to ask himself is if he is happy to lose his potential to be known as a world class player, because he will not land that accolade only performing in the Brazilian league.

imo he only has one shot left to show he is serious, any petulance and he is probs fucled in Europe forever.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby paulmclaren » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:23 am

Robinho is a little prick.
That's all that is needed to say about him.
A big headed asshole.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby paulmclaren » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:25 am

And to all these people thinking the big clubs will buy knobinho for over 20 million are having a laugh.
Footballs finances are is such dire situations.
We'll be lucky if we get 15 million for him.
And i would sell him for that.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:05 am

Paul is right. He's brought his price crashing down. 25 million would have people dying of laughter. 15 tops - didn't he really want to go to Chelsea? He can replace that Sturridge fella, he doesn't look much good.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum