Saturday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:48 am

Robinho claims Mancini showed a "lack of ability"
Robinho has cast further doubt over his long-term future at Manchester City by describing Roberto Mancini as a manager suffering from a "lack of ability" in his dealings with the striker.
Robinho has performed impressively at Santos
While City and Mancini maintain they want Robinho to return to the club following the expiration of his loan spell with Santos, the striker has scored four goals in six games in Brazil to enhance his international prospects ahead of the World Cup, and appears ready to burn his bridges with the Premier League club.
British football's all-time record signing has accused Mancini of undermining his morale by repeatedly substituting him during games, and was particularly critical of the Italian for his decision-making in a game against Everton in January when Robinho entered the game as a substitute after nine minutes, only to be taken off himself in the second half.
"At City, when I was playing, I knew that at some point the substitution board would go up and I was going to come off because the manager didn't have trust in me," Robinho told the Guardian. "Then, you start to lose your confidence on the pitch."
"I spoke to the manager after the [Everton] game. He admitted to me that he had made a mistake taking me off. It was the first time I have had to go through something like that in my career but I suppose there's always a first time. It wasn't a lack of respect, though. I just think it was a lack of ability on the part of the manager."
Robinho's loan deal with Santos is due to expire on August 4. The striker recently scored in Brazil's 2-0 victory over Republic of Ireland at Emirates Stadium.

THE FIRING LINE: Let up for Manchester City chief Roberto Mancini but Phil Brown is desperate for Hull win at Everton
Roberto Mancini can breathe a little easier after a stunning win at Chelsea for his Manchester City side last week.
But there's no let up for Steve Bruce, who desperately needs a win to ease the pressure at Sunderland.
All bosses are slaves to results. The threat of getting the sack hangs over every manager whose side isn’t doing the business on the pitch. So, who is the next Premier League manager for the chop? Sportsmail has an idea ...
Each week we bring you our latest chart of the managers under pressure, and those on Easy Street.
Here's Sportsmail's sack-race rankings - otherwise known as The Firing Line.

1 Sunderland - Steve BruceIt’s now 14 games since their last win and if Sunderland don't turn it around soon they will be deep in a relegation battle which seemed improbable early in the season. NON-MOVER

2 Hull City - Phil Brown
No game this week and no move in this list either as wins for Pompey and Bolton piled further pressure on Brown. Hull will at least be glad that their next opponents, Everton, lost. NON-MOVER

3 Burnley - Brian Laws
A dreadful performance against Portsmouth, a game they should have won, has put the spotlight on Burnley’s manager. Bad news is that Arsenal are up next. UP THREE

4 Wolves - Mick McCarthyWolves failure to score is putting more and more pressure on both their defence and their manager, McCarthy. They have only scored more than one goal twice in their last 12 games now. UP FOUR

5 Wigan - Roberto Martinez
Martinez may have to ditch the stylish football his coaching has become known for if he is to turn their dismal form round. They have chalked up only one win in their last eight . Bolton await. UP FOUR

6 Bolton Wanderers - Owen Coyle
A home win against Wolves provided Coyle with relief from building pressure. His side face the tough prospect of three crucial games in eight days next, starting away at Upton Park. DOWN ONE

7 West Ham - Gianfranco Zola
Although the Hammers currently lie 13th they are only three points away from the relegation zone. Chelsea and Arsenal follow their home fixture against Bolton. No slip-up allowed. NON-MOVER

8 Portsmouth - Avram Grant
Pompey may have gone into administration but Grant’s stock rose. Not only did his side pull off a victory at Burnley but there were clear signs of affection between club andboss. DOWN FOUR
9 Blackburn - Sam Allardyce
Allardyce’s reputation would have been only barely tarnished by defeat against Liverpool in which they were unlucky. Rovers should find themselves mid-table at the end of the season. UP ONE

10 Man City - Roberto Mancini
The famous victory at Chelsea will be best remembered for that hand-shake that never was, but Mancini’s City would have been buoyed by an impressive performance. DOWN SEVEN

11 Stoke City - Tony Pulis
Despite defeat against Arsenal, Stoke are well placed in the League and will be quietly confident of causing an upset at Chelsea in the sixth round of the FA Cup on Sunday. UP ONE

12 Liverpool - Rafa Benitez
A fortunate victory against Blackburn kept Liverpool in the hunt for a Champions League spot. If they can claim it their early season form will only be considered a blip in Benitez’s record. DOWN ONE

13 Fulham - Roy HodgsonA comfortable League position may allow Fulham to focus on the FA Cup and Europa League. Could thrive as underdogs against Spurs in the Cup, United in League and Juve in Europe. NON-MOVER

14 Everton - David Moyes
Everton’s impressive form was halted by Spurs but with no remaining fixtures against the top six, Moyes will still be confident of a healthy positioncome the end of the season. UP ONE

15 Birmingham City - Alex McLeish
The over-achievers of the season, McLeish can be very proud of his work. With a very winnable Cup and League double against Portsmouth coming up complacency is the biggest worry. DOWN ONE

16 Aston Villa - Martin O'NeillAfter Sunday’s Carling Cup final, what would have worried O’Neill and fans alike was, not losing to Manchester United, but the manner in which they did so. Villa looked short of ideas. UP ONE

17 Tottenham - Harry RedknappCurrent incumbents of fourth place after a fine victory against Everton, a string of four fixtures against teams in the bottom half of the table is a great opportunity. DOWN ONE

18 Chelsea - Carlo AncelottiChelsea’s world has been shaken since allegations surfaced regarding John Terry and Ashley Cole’s personal lives. It remains to be seen whether Ancelotti can restore confidence. UP ONE

19 Arsenal - Arsene Wenger
Since their poor performances and results against Chelsea and United, Arsenal have rallied impressively. Momentum is on their side and their run-in looks favourable. DOWN ONE

20 Man United - Sir Alex FergusonIs he ever really under pressure? Sir Alex added just the 34th trophy of his United career this week. Chelsea’s defeat at home would have been a delightful bonus. NON-MOVER

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh has confirmed he will be joining Arsenal in the summer, saying: "It is not easy in England but the challenge in my career has always been to learn every day, keep improving and always help my club to success."
Full story: The Mirror

West Ham striker Mido claims he turned down an offer of £45,000 a week from another Premier League club in order to prove himself at Upton Park.
Full story: Daily Mail

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez has lined up a £4m summer swoop for Espanyol striker Jose Callejon.
Full story: The Mirror

Motherwell defender Mark Reynolds is a £500,000 target for Dutch side PSV Eindhoven. (Daily Express)

HOOTER OF THE DAY
http://www.hooterscalendar.com/blog/ind ... -St-Martin

OTHER BOLLOX
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson says he is happy to accept the 'green and gold' anti-Glazer campaign.
Daily Mail

However, he has insisted that there is "no chance" of the Red Knights persuading Manchester United supporters to boycott games in their battle to wrest control of the club from the Glazer family. The Times

Birmingham have announced pre-tax losses of £20.5m for the year ending 31 August 2009, blaming 'the decision taken by the previous members of the board to retain most of their playing staff from the previous Premier League season'. Daily Mail

Rangers are on the brink of securing new ownership in a multi-million pound takeover deal from a London-based property group. (Herald/Daily Record)

The London-based group bidding for Rangers face competition from a Far East consortium, with the deal expected to top £60m. (Sun)

Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan claims manager Neil Warnock only quit the club for London rivals QPR "for the money". Daily Mirror

Wembley Stadium is to have its pitch re-laid for the 10th time since the rebuilt venue reopened in 2007 after fresh criticism in the past week.
Full story: The Times

Michael Essien is set to miss the rest of the season after a serious setback in his recovery from knee surgery. The Sun

Newcastle United managing director Derek Llambias has urged supporters to cease their abuse of owner Mike Ashley and the club's board, saying: "Enough's enough. It frustrates me because we know what we've done behind the scenes and what Mike's committed to financially. We'd like to be able to go out on the town after a win - we always used to - but it's very difficult for us to do that now."
The Guardian
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby john68 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:00 pm

I see the good old mail is creating a story from nothing to stir things up. Maybe the Premier League should organise a league of Journos and editors that publish shite, put direct pressure on their jobs and stir up instability within their workplaces.

I wonder if the hacks would feel quite so smug then.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Re: Saturday's B*ll*x

Postby gillie » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:46 pm

john68 wrote:I see the good old mail is creating a story from nothing to stir things up. Maybe the Premier League should organise a league of Journos and editors that publish shite, put direct pressure on their jobs and stir up instability within their workplaces.

I wonder if the hacks would feel quite so smug then.

Update your sig you senile old twunt i actually like seeing the thing.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Return to The Maine Football forum