Derby in Miami

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Derby in Miami

Postby branny » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Got a mate and my bro in law going on holiday to Orlando in April. Anybody know any decent bars where they can watch the game. Cheers fellas.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Re: Derby in Miami

Postby john68 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:21 pm

If he jumps in his car...I'm certain that Doomie will put him up for a week (or more) in his 100 hectare ranch...complete with spa, swimming pool, minature version of DisneyWorld...full sizes SOCCER pitch...massage parlour...in house cinema....and burlesque theatre (sorry Doomie that should be theater)....oh yeah! and his well stocked bar full of Dazby's Beers of the month....without any charge.

Try logging onto DOOMIEWORLD.COM....The centre (center) of the sky bloo universe in the USA.
He's a lovely fellah, I'm certain he will be happy to entertain him for just as long as he likes.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:29 pm

branny wrote:Got a mate and my bro in law going on holiday to Orlando in April. Anybody know any decent bars where they can watch the game. Cheers fellas.

loads of places but there are others better informed than myself to fill you in, i watched a few games there last couple of times i was there, if no one replies ill try rack my brain for the names of them.

Where are they staying?will help narrow it down.

Ps when you go to orlando on hols footballs the last thing on your mind.

PPS what sort of city fans book a holiday for when the derbys on???:P just kiddin!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby david yearsley » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:30 pm

I´ll be in Copenhagen or Malmo - any ideas where to watch from our Scandinavian(or any other) members?
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:41 pm

Miami or Orlando? they are like 400 miles apart.

In Orlando -- try Cricketers Arms. Best place to go really. It's in a shopping mall/complex thingy, and it's a great place. They'll have all the matches on, some good pints and a good crowd.

http://www.cricketersarmspub.com/

cheers, and no you can't stay with me.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:54 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Miami or Orlando? they are like 400 miles apart.

In Orlando -- try Cricketers Arms. Best place to go really. It's in a shopping mall/complex thingy, and it's a great place. They'll have all the matches on, some good pints and a good crowd.

thats not a bad one, perfect if your on Idrive(have they changed the anme of the mall didnt it used to be mercana/mercado or somethin??) theres a decent one near another mall(not fla mall or premium outlet) not sure what its called but i watched games there and there goo.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:03 pm

You watching it Big Willie style?
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Florida Blue » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:44 pm

If they are in Miami, they should drive up to Fort Lauderdale (about 35 minutes) and there is a pub there where a few blues (including me) will be. PM me if you that is where they are.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby branny » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:39 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
branny wrote:Got a mate and my bro in law going on holiday to Orlando in April. Anybody know any decent bars where they can watch the game. Cheers fellas.

loads of places but there are others better informed than myself to fill you in, i watched a few games there last couple of times i was there, if no one replies ill try rack my brain for the names of them.

Where are they staying?will help narrow it down.

Ps when you go to orlando on hols footballs the last thing on your mind.

PPS what sort of city fans book a holiday for when the derbys on???:P just kiddin!

I'll find out where they are staying. They had no choice re the dates. They are going for a cheerleading competition. My sis in law coaches at top level and they're not both blues. Mate is, bro in law isn't so its gonna be a long day for somebody.
branny

Postby branny » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:42 pm

just checked the site. It's gonna be a breakfast ko and they don't open til 11am......or do they?
branny

Postby Florida Blue » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:48 pm

branny wrote:

just checked the site. It's gonna be a breakfast ko and they don't open til 11am......or do they?

Almost all of the football pubs will open early for big matches, the only issue will be if they are able to serve alcohol or not.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:52 am

Florida Blue wrote:If they are in Miami, they should drive up to Fort Lauderdale (about 35 minutes) and there is a pub there where a few blues (including me) will be. PM me if you that is where they are.

I'm sure I've asked you this before, but do you know a Blue from Fort Lauderdale I met in Budapest in summer 2003? His wife is mates with Whitesnake, and he did some of his education in Paris (although I'm not sure how much of it/which part).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby branny » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:47 am

Dubciteh wrote:

thats not a bad one, perfect if your on Idrive(have they changed the anme of the mall didnt it used to be mercana/mercado or somethin??) theres a decent one near another mall(not fla mall or premium outlet) not sure what its called but i watched games there and there goo.

Just found out that they are staying at Lake Wilson preserve in Kissimmee so I take it the Cricketers is best.
branny

Postby Wooders » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:53 am

I'll be in Manchester at COMS
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby branny » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:17 am

branny wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Just found out that they are staying at Lake Wilson preserve in Kissimmee so I take it the Cricketers is best.

Just had a look on google earth and came up with The Pub in Davenport on interstate 27. Looks like the nearest for them (Cricketers is 20 miles away). Do either of you know "The Pub" Doomie or Dub?
branny

Postby MHiggi » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:56 am

john68 wrote:Try logging onto DOOMIEWORLD.COM....The centre (center) of the sky bloo universe in the USA.

I hope I wasn't the only one that was disappointed with Doomy's website.
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:00 pm

branny wrote:
branny wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Just had a look on google earth and came up with The Pub in Davenport on interstate 27. Looks like the nearest for them (Cricketers is 20 miles away). Do either of you know "The Pub" Doomie or Dub?

Davenport is not far from me (i live in a town called Celebration which is near Kississimmee) but i have no reason to go there...there's nothing there. Could be ok. Might not. I have no idea really. Sorry i can't offer more.

I'd make a day of it and head into Orlando to the Cricketer's Arms. 20 mins drive and yr sorted.

90% of the time i watch matches standing up in my living room swearing at the TV, unless i'm traveling for work in which case i'll find a pub ,but not one in Orlando obv. Sorry.

cheers

EDIT: also, they must be coming over for Worlds at Disney, right? My daughter and her cheer team earned a bid last weekend, but might not go since they already have their senior team spending the cash outlay on new unis, etc to make a big splash. She's 11 so her team will have many more opportunities. It's fun tho for them...she always goes as a spectator.

cheers again. ;)
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby branny » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:44 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
branny wrote:
branny wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Davenport is not far from me (i live in a town called Celebration which is near Kississimmee) but i have no reason to go there...there's nothing there. Could be ok. Might not. I have no idea really. Sorry i can't offer more.

I'd make a day of it and head into Orlando to the Cricketer's Arms. 20 mins drive and yr sorted.

90% of the time i watch matches standing up in my living room swearing at the TV, unless i'm traveling for work in which case i'll find a pub ,but not one in Orlando obv. Sorry.

cheers

EDIT: also, they must be coming over for Worlds at Disney, right? My daughter and her cheer team earned a bid last weekend, but might not go since they already have their senior team spending the cash outlay on new unis, etc to make a big splash. She's 11 so her team will have many more opportunities. It's fun tho for them...she always goes as a spectator.

cheers again. ;)

Cheers Doomie. I've passed the info about the cricketers on so its up to them. It probably is the Worlds. My sis in law runs the cheerleaders for the local rugby league team (Salford city reds). They are called the red hot flames and she travels all over with them for competitions. European wise they usually finish in the top 10 so they are pretty decent. Hope your daughter goes well. Thanks again.
branny

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

The Cricketers Arms used to be in the Mercado on i-drive you're right mate, but that's now shut down so the pub/restaurant moved to the Festival Bay Mall further up i-drive
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:34 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

The Cricketers Arms used to be in the Mercado on i-drive you're right mate, but that's now shut down so the pub/restaurant moved to the Festival Bay Mall further up i-drive

that's fucking right. Stalker. How the fucl do you know that?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum