Did our fans had an idea how big man city project .....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Did our fans had an idea how big man city project .....

Postby abu_dhabi_GI » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:38 pm

thanks in advance.
abu_dhabi_GI
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: kaldon_almubarak

Re: Did our fans had an idea how big man city project .....

Postby john68 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:44 pm

In football terms, it was well documented that our ownwers wanted a club that would not only compete but dominate in the World of football. This was made quite plain from the start. If anyone had any doubts, as soon as our ownwers started to spend the vast amounts on players, those doubts should have been quickly dispelled.
Regarding other parts of the project, including investment in the club's infra structure and investment in the local community, that seems to have grown as time has gone on.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Re: Did our fans had an idea how big man city project .....

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:28 pm

When the takeover 1st happend we had the guy who went to Portsmouth (Sulaiman Al-Fahim) fronting it, so he was claiming we were going to sign Ronaldo, Lionel Messi etc etc before the Sheikh understandably moved him on. Since then more reliable people have given us a better idea of what's happening & of course the Sheikh has put a fantastic amount of money into the club, for which we're eternally grateful. We're now just waiting to see where we go next but obviously pretty excited (even if we don't appear so sometimes!)

There are now rumours of building work & development to come which apparently involves our owners but we don't yet know the details.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum