SWP craves City stay

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

SWP craves City stay

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:54 pm

Shaun Wright-Phillips has voiced his frustration but denied being greedy after failing to agree a new deal with Manchester City.

Reports have suggested that the winger, who still has more than two years remaining on his current contract, is seeking a pay rise.

He insists that is not the case and he just wants to commit his long-term future to the club after rejoining from Chelsea in August 2008.

Wright-Phillips cannot understand why there is a problem and fears that he may no longer be wanted by club bosses.

"I try not to get personally involved because I just want to concentrate on giving 110 per cent for City to make sure we get that fourth place in the Premier League," he told The Sun.

"But it does hurt. It is disappointing. And I repeat, it's nothing to do with money or me being greedy.

"One thing that I definitely don't want to do is get into how much other players earn at this football club.

"Obviously, I know there are players here who earn more than twice what I do. But that's not the issue for me.

"This is not about my bank account, it's about where I want to be and doing what I want to do."

Wright-Phillips has fallen down the pecking order since Roberto Mancini took over as manager from Mark Hughes but is determined to play a major role at City for a long time to come.

He added: "I'll put pen to paper on a five-year deal right now, longer if they want.

"Quite simply, I want to play at City for the rest of my life. At one stage I was very confident that would happen.

"It looked like everything would be sorted when Mark Hughes was in charge.

"He was keen to agree a new deal. But since he left, there has been nothing.

"OK, it has been hard because of the new manager coming in. There have been a lot of changes in a short space of time.

"There were obviously other things they had to deal with, other matters more pressing.

"But I can't work out why there's still a delay, unless they don't want me and are trying to get me out."

skysports.com
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: SWP craves City stay

Postby Blue2 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Needs to tell his big mouthed father to shut the fuck up if he wants to stay at City.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Seems to mention it not being about money too many times for it to sound convincing.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:51 pm

SHAUN WRIGHT-PHILLIPS

CITY LEGEND

Get that contract sorted cookie
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:03 pm

If i were to tell my boss "it's not about money but i know some people earn 2x my wage" i am sure he'd translate that into "Doomeh wants a fuclin pay raise."

Also, even if he stays on the same wage and gets two more years or summat -- it's STILL MORE MONEY.

rings pretty hollow for me. Play out your contract, and see what happens. I'm so sick of this bullshit with athletes in any sport that sign contracts and then act like they are fuclin slaves 1 or 2 years into it. I wish i had the security of 2 more years in my position no matter what the fucl happened on a guaranteed wage no matter how i performed. Some of the luckiest fuclers in the world, and they never appreciate it.

Rescued him from Chelsea...he was sitting on the bench...brought him home...and treated him like a hero. If he sorts his game -- begging a new contract when yr pretty average all season doesn't exactly motivate a buyer, does it? -- and does his best the club will do right by him. i can't see anything else happening.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mr_nool » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:08 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:If i were to tell my boss "it's not about money but i know some people earn 2x my wage" i am sure he'd translate that into "Doomeh wants a fuclin pay raise."

Also, even if he stays on the same wage and gets two more years or summat -- it's STILL MORE MONEY.

rings pretty hollow for me. Play out your contract, and see what happens. I'm so sick of this bullshit with athletes in any sport that sign contracts and then act like they are fuclin slaves 1 or 2 years into it. I wish i had the security of 2 more years in my position no matter what the fucl happened on a guaranteed wage no matter how i performed. Some of the luckiest fuclers in the world, and they never appreciate it.

Rescued him from Chelsea...he was sitting on the bench...brought him home...and treated him like a hero. If he sorts his game -- begging a new contract when yr pretty average all season doesn't exactly motivate a buyer, does it? -- and does his best the club will do right by him. i can't see anything else happening.

cheers

You're a married man Doom. You should know that "it's not really about the presents, it's about being appreciated!"
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Sun reckons we've made him a derisory offer of 70k PW. Wish someone would make me a derisory offer!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:52 pm

Get him signed up, love the Wee man myself. Can't believe Superman earns more than him?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ronk » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:05 pm

mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:If i were to tell my boss "it's not about money but i know some people earn 2x my wage" i am sure he'd translate that into "Doomeh wants a fuclin pay raise."

cheers

You're a married man Doom. You should know that "it's not really about the presents, it's about being appreciated!"

Knowing it is one thing, having a moan with mates about it is a different thing.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:11 pm

Be honest, much as I love the wee man, once we are Champions League regulars, would SWP start many games. An extremely useful squad player - but not the first name on the team sheet.

Sad really.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Chinners » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:14 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:Be honest, much as I love the wee man, once we are Champions League regulars, would SWP start many games. An extremely useful squad player - but not the first name on the team sheet.

Sad really.

THIS!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:24 am

cheers

This - love him but the contract offer is fair - if we just let his current deal ride - he will find it hard to get £100k + he is looking for at 30 - we cannot move all players up to the Tevez level - that has to be for exceptions
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:23 am

Imo the reason City won't talk contracts now whersas they would when Hughes was here will almost certainly be because they don't know who the manager is going to be next season. They don't want to sign a player on an extension when they don't know if the next manager even wants him, which if it's Mourinho, he probably doesn't.

If they finally decide Mourinho's not coming & give Mancini the job, I'm sure a deal will then be offered IF Mancini wants to keep him.

What City are doing makes perfect sense imo, wheras SWP & his gobshite father talking about it in public makes no sense whatsoever, as there are 2 years to go on his present deal & it can't possibly be helpful to anyone.

The bollocks about 'wanting it to be settled before he goes to the World Cup' is absolutely irrelevent, manipulative, PR, bullshit . If he can't concentrate on a World Cup he shouldn't be there.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby simon12 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Shaun I would say the vast if not all Blues want you to stay. Your dad however is a cock. You listened to him last time plus lost your England place...Is he really that good at advising? Totally agree also with the comment about not knowing who the next manager is , makes complete sense.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:46 pm

while i dont like that this is being played out in the press, i disagree with a lot of the sentiment in this thread. swp is a key player for City, he remains one of the players that can be relied on to get into a game if brought on with only 20mins to go. He recently helped us secure the win over Chelsea and changed the game completely for england the other day.
without him our squad would be weaker imo. I dont have a problem with him asking for more money iether and think City should quietly sort it out with him. There are a lot of other teams who would take him at the drop of a hat, cos not only does he remain an exciting and dynamic player he has the experience as a player to be very effective in a CL campaign.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Nige » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:11 pm

but he's got ages to run on his current deal. We are runnng a business nota SWP fan club/charity.

What if half way throught he game some steward asked for another £15 for your ticket? We'd all tell him to get fucked as the price was set when you purchased.

SWP with a good end to the season & good world cup = decent power to come to the table.

£70K a week for a 30 year old wont be offered anywhere else so his dad should fuck off and leave shaun to concentrate on spending his current money and focussing on crossing the ball.

I love the guy when he's playing well but any player who starts this etuhu/sturridge jive needs a slap!
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:56 am

For his workrate alone, in comparison with other players he's worth 80k. Easy. Sign him up Mancio!!
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby walmai » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:34 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... lsea-agent

Strange turn of events.

Chelsea's dealings in the transfer market look set to get them in more hot water.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Return to The Maine Football forum