La Liga

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

La Liga

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:05 pm

Two really good games tonight. Almiera 2 Barca 2: Barca down to 10 men yet salvaging a draw. Cracking game, tons of skill and committment. But, overshadowed by RM 3 Sevilla 2. Sev 2-0 up with half an hour to go. Two slack goals conceded by RM, Sev defending with their lives but dangerous on the break, the Sev goalie - Palop - playing a blinder. Madrid storm back, and I mean storm, with 3 goals to win. Utterly breathless, some fantastic skill from both sides, full blooded committment, pace and craft.

Looks like RM have the momentum.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: La Liga

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:18 pm

Just posted on the Unofficial FA Cup thread how impressed I was with the Real-Sevilla game. If they keep playing football like that and showing that sort of drama, then they will surpass our own league without a shadow of doubt.

Saying that, I've watched quite a few lately and they're definately not all like that!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Redna » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:22 pm

People with naturally short legs looks like moving fast as f*ck. La Liga is good but running fast with dwarfs can be seen on tellytubbies.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:30 pm

Redna wrote:People with naturally short legs looks like moving fast as f*ck. La Liga is good but running fast with dwarfs can be seen on tellytubbies.
CTID!!

Chuckle, most games still have quality moments though.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:51 am

The Real - Sevilla game was a cracker. Good to see Van Der Vaart in the game too. Good comeback and the title race is set up though Barca still actually ahead on head to head record at present.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Diggerman » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:03 am

Barca are actually 'top' of the league despite being in second because teams on level points are decided by their head to heads. As it stands, Real are in 1st (having a goal diff 2 better than Barca) but Barca won their only game (Barca v Real) of the season to date 1-0. Interesting way of doing things. In this country, Chelsea for example, could not take a single point off the rest of the Sky 4 all season, but win the league by beating every other club by big scorelines.
Which system do people think adds more excitement to the respective leagues?
Diggerman
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby alanharmer442 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:30 am

Diggerman wrote:Barca are actually 'top' of the league despite being in second because teams on level points are decided by their head to heads. As it stands, Real are in 1st (having a goal diff 2 better than Barca) but Barca won their only game (Barca v Real) of the season to date 1-0. Interesting way of doing things. In this country, Chelsea for example, could not take a single point off the rest of the Sky 4 all season, but win the league by beating every other club by big scorelines.
Which system do people think adds more excitement to the respective leagues?

Was going to say Spanish system just in case we finish level with Spurs who are ahead on goal difference largely because of the 9-1 gainst Wigan....but then I remembered our result ( or more accurately lack of it ) at WHL earlier this season.

We`ll just have to win 4-0 or better which should mean we "win" either way.
alanharmer442
Negouai's Red Cards

Return to The Maine Football forum