Unbeaten at home all season?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Unbeaten at home all season?

Postby btajim » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:58 pm

I've just been looking at the fixtures to come. We'll be entertaining Everton, Man Ure, Villa and Tottenham before the season finishes in May. We're presently unbeaten at home in all competitions (this often seems to be ignored) and managing to get through to the end without never earning at least a point will be an amazing achievement. And a definite 4th place earned.

Everton - W
Man Ure - D
Villa - W
Tottenham - D

I'd be happy with that. We've already beat Chelsea, Arsenal twice and Man Ure. Of course, Typical City would lose 3-0 to Wigan in front of a travelling support who turned up in a Taxi...
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Re: Unbeaten at home all season?

Postby Vhero » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:00 pm

Don't know about getting us a definite 4th place but it would be a fantastic achievement.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby btajim » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Trips to Burnley, West Ham and Sunderland are coming up. 9 points? 7 points? Yes please.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Vhero » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:11 pm

btajim wrote:Trips to Burnley, West Ham and Sunderland are coming up. 9 points? 7 points? Yes please.

To be fair the way this seasons gone mate the end of this seasons gonna be fucking nail biting I mean this is City afterall!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby btajim » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Vhero wrote:To be fair the way this seasons gone mate the end of this seasons gonna be fucking nail biting I mean this is City afterall!

Get some spine, Man. This is completely in our own hands.

If we win our game in hand then we're in 4th and our Goal difference is exactly the same as Liverpool's. I think the Mickeys are going to be the most serious challenge for 4th.

I'd much rather entertain Villa and Everton than have to play them on their own turf.
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:24 pm

it would be a nice acheivement, and is deffo in our own hands. there is no team in the country who come to eastlands expecting a routine win. not one.

i personally cannot wait for the spurs game.

other than the obvious, there is no team around who deserve a proper, clean and righteous sky blue battering more than spuds.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bingo Lewis » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:49 pm

We're only a month away from completing a full calendar year unbeaten at home. thats a massive acheivement in itself.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby edgeley blue » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

City have been brilliant at home for a few years now, with the odd exception. We wont lose at all this season at home and am more than happy that the teams we are going to play at the mecca are those around us. The more six pointers we have, the further we will pull away. As someone said above, rather play them at home than away.

City will finish in the champs league this season, just stay positive
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Wooders » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:22 pm

doesn't matter in the great scheme of things if we're not in the top four
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:09 pm

anyone know the last time we went through a season unbeaten at home? the good thing is spuds & villa still in the cup so maybe they'll be thinking of that ,as well as having to play more games
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby pepsi_dave » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:14 pm

we WONT go all season without losing at home..... it just wont happen, someone is bound to beat us.... you know it!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby gillie » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:37 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:we WONT go all season without losing at home..... it just wont happen, someone is bound to beat us.... you know it!

I think we can go unbeaten at home all season Dave as we really up our game against the top teams and i think after the Chelsea game the players know now that they have it in them to be able to beat any team in the league.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Wooders wrote:doesn't matter in the great scheme of things if we're not in the top four

That's a very good point Wooders. Although 4th would be an extreme achievement, it is not imperative.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby pepsi_dave » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:49 pm

gillie wrote:
pepsi_dave wrote:we WONT go all season without losing at home..... it just wont happen, someone is bound to beat us.... you know it!

I think we can go unbeaten at home all season Dave as we really up our game against the top teams and i think after the Chelsea game the players know now that they have it in them to be able to beat any team in the league.

Perhaps I'm just so used to being a City supporter that the thought of us actually going a whole season unbeaten is something that I have become so used to never happening.

I'd like to think we could do it, but I keep thinking of some of the soft defeats we've had at home over the past couple of seasons..... Fulham springs to mind. I also dont expect the rag game to be an easy one, I get the impression that a lot of us seem to think that a result against the rags is a given, I personally dont think it is..... I'm just not so sure about this one!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby gillie » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:54 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:
gillie wrote:

Perhaps I'm just so used to being a City supporter that the thought of us actually going a whole season unbeaten is something that I have become so used to never happening.

I'd like to think we could do it, but I keep thinking of some of the soft defeats we've had at home over the past couple of seasons..... Fulham springs to mind. I also dont expect the rag game to be an easy one, I get the impression that a lot of us seem to think that a result against the rags is a given, I personally dont think it is..... I'm just not so sure about this one!

Just believe Brother Dave just believe.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:40 pm

I think the home table denotes that small gap between the top 2 and the others clearer. What separates us this season, as we all know, is those draws. It was the ones V Burnley & Hull that pissed me off at the time. Seems every time Burnley play away now the pundit goes on about their one solitary point away from Turf Moor this season!

I do think we can keep it as Fortress Eastlands for the rest of the season, but fourth might depend on how many bring us one point and how many bring us three.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby dazby » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:16 am

I predicted it at the beginning of the season. Don't make a liar out of me City. Come on now City.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby btajim » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:25 am

Wigan? Typical City...
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dazlebluefrog » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:13 pm

btajim wrote:

Wigan? Typical City...[/quote]

your not the only one but why not??other teams can do it why not us ?fcuk wigan ,fcuk spuds,fcuk etc etc
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Return to The Maine Football forum