Toure sees a bright Blue future

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Toure sees a bright Blue future

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Kolo Toure is looking further ahead than the mouth-watering end-of-season battle to secure a Champions League spot, and the buoyant Blues skipper likes what he sees.

Captain Kolo believes the quality of the youngsters stepping into Roberto Mancini's squad, and the spirit that unites the dressing-room, will allow the manager to build on this season.

He said: "When you think of such as Dedryck Boyata, Abdi Ibrahim and Greg Cunningham coming through, plus Adam Johnson signing in the transfer window, the future looks bright.

"We have a lot of good people here who really want to work for the club and believe in the club. From the manager down, we are all determined to take this club as far as we can.

"But it won't be easy. Success doesn't just come like that - you have to go through some hard times, and that's when you have to be strong and stick together, to fight for each other."

Toure insists the higher expectations that accompany City's ambition to join the Euro elite will present no extra pressure as Mancini's players prepare for the final push.

He said: "High expectations are normal. With the players we have now, we expect to be up at the top. But we know that, to show the world we have a good team, we need the results.

"You have to try and lift yourselves as high as you can - we want to be really high and one of the best clubs in the country, but we know we will have to fight to get there."

As City gear up after a blank weekend to resume the top-four bid at Sunderland on Sunday, Kolo confessed: "We've had some good performances but we have lost silly points.

"We haven't always killed the game off when we should - but that's the process of learning, and we hope not to make the same mistakes in the future.

"Sometimes you don't have the luck, like against Stoke - we had our chances and missed them, they had half-chances and scored. But that's part of the game, that's life."

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Toure sees a bright Blue future

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:45 pm

I agree, there's a bright blue future ahead, it's just a matter of seeing if he's there for it or not, and I have a feeling he might miss on that.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:06 pm

It's a pity really because he's always really positive & definitely has talent but his performances on the whole haven't been good enough so far & as the team improves & the pressure on the manager(s) increases, so must his performance level or he'll be a casualty of our success.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:It's a pity really because he's always really positive & definitely has talent but his performances on the whole haven't been good enough so far & as the team improves & the pressure on the manager(s) increases, so must his performance level or he'll be a casualty of our success.

AGREED.

IT,S FUNNY..NO ADE AND NO TOURE AND WE ARE PLAYING WELL.
COINCIDENCE?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:It's a pity really because he's always really positive & definitely has talent but his performances on the whole haven't been good enough so far & as the team improves & the pressure on the manager(s) increases, so must his performance level or he'll be a casualty of our success.

AGREED.

IT,S FUNNY..NO ADE AND NO TOURE AND WE ARE PLAYING WELL.
COINCIDENCE?

Strange one because I recon Ade's playing really well & working hard but at the moment we do look slicker as a team without him. Sure it can be worked out though & we're bound to need an alternative to a bunch of shortarses in some games.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum