Tuesday's Bollox - updated

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's Bollox - updated

Postby Chinners » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:26 am

Edited ...

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Birmingham are keen on signing Portsmouth striker Frederic Piquionne after failing to land the Frenchman in the January transfer window.
Daily Mirror

Egypt and Borussia Dortmund star Mohamed Zidan was watched by Arsenal scouts in the 3-1 defeat to England, according to the 28-year-old striker. Zidan, who scored their only goal at Wembley, said: "My agent told me about Arsenal's interest. He asked me to try to impress them and become the first Egyptian to play for the Gunners."
imscouting.com

Sunderland are keeping tabs on Tottenham midfielder Jamie O'Hara, who is on loan at Portsmouth, with a view to making a summer swoop for the 23-year-old.
The Times

Lokomotiv Moscow will resume their efforts to prise striker Roman Pavlyuchenko away from Tottenham in the close season.
Daily Mail

Everton are hoping to extend American Landon Donovan's loan deal, which is set to expire after Saturday's match at Birmingham but will not pursue the matter if it threatens to upset their good relationship with the forward's team Los Angeles Galaxy.
The Times

Chelsea midfielder Miroslav Stoch is a target for Dutch giants Ajax and PSV Eindhoven. The 20-year-old is currently on loan with Steve McClaren's side Twente Enschede and has impressed with 10 goals in 36 appearances this season.
imscouting.com

Fulham are eyeing Shakhtar Donetsk centre-back Yaroslav Rakytskyi as a possible summer target after the 20-year-old impressed against the London side in their recent Europe League clash.
imscouting.com

OTHER BOLLOX
Arsenal defender William Gallas could face another month on the sidelines after the former captain, out since mid-February, injured his calf muscle in training.
Daily Mail

Gallas, meanwhile, will have to accept a drop in wages if he wants to extend his Gunners contract beyond the summer.
The Times

Middlesbrough striker Jeremie Aliadiere is in danger of missing the remainder of the season as he recovers from a broken toe suffered in the weekend defeat by Cardiff.
Daily Mail

Premier League managers are preparing for action in protest at the recent decision by football's international governing body Fifa to drop experiments with goal-line technology.
Daily Mirror
Last edited by Chinners on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's Bollox

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:31 am

Too complicated boys. I was worrying I was spending too much time on here with trivia though, so you made me feel much better!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:49 am

You should place a link didnt find it at first as you didn't start the thread lol
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Chinners » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:30 pm

WORLD CUP 2010 BOLLOX
Manchester City starlet Adam Johnson fears South Africa will come too soon for his England ambitions
Manchester City winger Adam Johnson admits he is only an outside bet to make England's World Cup squad.
Johnson, 22, has settled in quickly at Eastlands after arriving from Middlesbrough in January.
However he feels that representing England under manager Fabio Capello in South Africa may be a step too far.
Sky's the limit: Johnson (left) has settled in well wearing the light blue of Manchester City
Johnson said: "I know I didn't make the cut for Egypt, but just to see my name in the senior call-up was brilliant. The next step is to play.
"I'm closer to that now I'm at City. The World Cup squad would be difficult, but there's a lot of football to be played and there could be injuries along the way.
"It was a bit disappointing not to be involved at Wembley but I've still come a long way in a short space of time. But this World Cup has probably come a bit too soon for me."

Adebayor plays down City exit talk b*ll*x
Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor has dismissed speculation linking him with a possible move away from Eastlands at the end of the season.
The 26-year-old former Arsenal frontman has scored nine times in 23 appearances since joining the Citizens last summer and Adebayor insists that he is going nowhere in the immediate future.
He said: "I signed at City for five years. I am very happy here so far, but you never know.
"For me, I am a Manchester City player and I hope to be for a long time."

Kolo Toure believes
Manchester City can become the ‘new Arsenal’ in terms of the amount of young talent the mega-rich Eastlands club is producing at the moment.
City are the envy of many because of their ability to attract big money signings, like Carlos Tevez and Roque Santa Cruz.
But City are also investing in the future and are clearly mindful of the fact money may not always be in plentiful supply, and that approach has to be commended.
Ivory Coast defender Toure witnessed the continued emergence of a wealth of young blood during his Arsenal career, and can see a similar thing happening at Eastlands.
"When you think of such talent as Dedryck Boyata, Abdi Ibrahim and Greg Cunningham coming through, plus Adam Johnson signing in the transfer window, the future looks bright," he told the club's official website.
"We have a lot of good people here who really want to work for the club and believe in the club. From the manager down, we are all determined to take this club as far as we can.
"But it won't be easy. Success doesn't just come like that - you have to go through some hard times, and that's when you have to be strong and stick together, to fight for each other."
City are currently the bookies’ favourites to claim the fourth Champions League spot this season, and Toure is happy with the progress they are making in the face of increased pressure and growing expectations at the City of Manchester Stadium.
"High expectations are normal. With the players we have now, we expect to be up at the top. But we know that, to show the world we have a good team, we need the results," he added.

. . . .so if we keep buying players of them do we become 'the old Arsenal'?
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Return to The Maine Football forum