Mark Halsey

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mark Halsey

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:09 am

Just heard on BBC that Mark Halsey is refereeing his first match tonight after recovering from throat cancer. Says how he's had support from many people in football, that includes all at MCFC for sure. I don't know which match he's doing or even which division but he'll get a good welcome. His wife is still dealing with her leukemia but together they sound like a strong couple. Best to them both.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Re: Mark Halsey

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:16 am

Bloody hell, thats quite a thing for em both to be hit at the same time.

Good luck to the feller, but it still wont stop him from being a twat when he fucks up next time he refs us - and i'm sure he wouldnt have it any other way :o)
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:35 am

Yeah it's just a reserve match between Leicester and Scunthorpe but he's got to start back somewhere. Good luck to both him and his missus
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Esky » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:47 am

johnpb78 wrote:Bloody hell, thats quite a thing for em both to be hit at the same time.

Good luck to the feller, but it still wont stop him from being a twat when he fucks up next time he refs us - and i'm sure he wouldnt have it any other way :o)

Like he did with those five minutes at Wembley in '99?
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Esky wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:Bloody hell, thats quite a thing for em both to be hit at the same time.

Can someone please tell me what is special about playing five minutes of injury time?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Esky wrote:

No idea mate, I don't go to the match to watch the referee
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:40 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Esky wrote:

Well, he did have a big say in the outcome, didn't he?!? I'm sure 99% of fans were talking about him for months afterwards.

Well done Mark and good luck in your comeback, it gives many hope and joy that these things can be overcome.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby roblues » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:39 pm

This might have something to do with why he's talked about...hasn't stopped him trying to make up for it every time we get him

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/referee-under-the-microscope-1098363.html
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Met him at Horwich while he was with his wife and kid and he's a top guy.
I can also think of several refs who are worse than him and would say he's a good ref.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Esky wrote:

Well, he did have a big say in the outcome, didn't he?!? I'm sure 99% of fans were talking about him for months afterwards.

Well done Mark and good luck in your comeback, it gives many hope and joy that these things can be overcome.

I know - especially the drinking in the hotel bit, but a cursory search of google, 1st article reveals that he is hardly pro-city these days
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1772 ... r-campbell
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:44 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Esky wrote:

I know - especially the drinking in the hotel bit, but a cursory search of google, 1st article reveals that he is hardly pro-city these days
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1772 ... r-campbell

Not worried about him nowadays mate, that 5 minutes will do me just fine. Afterall, who knows where we would have been without them?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum