FA to probe V sign from Gerrard?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA to probe V sign from Gerrard?

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:23 pm

Well what a surprise....

The Football Association has confirmed that Steven Gerrard will not be facing any disciplinary action regarding his alleged V-sign in the direction of referee Andre Marriner.

The Liverpool captain has come under the spotlight for the incident which occurred after he was booked in the 81st minute of his side's 1-0 defeat at Wigan on Monday night.

Reds manager Rafa Benitez defended his skipper on Wednesday, claiming 'it was nothing', and the FA has now announced it will not be taking any action.

It is understood Marriner saw the incident at the time, but did not deem it worthy of further punishment and under those circumstances the FA cannot take retrospective action.

Gerrard will now focus on getting ready to travel to France with his team-mates for Thursday's Europa League tie against Lille.

I assume that Marriner will now face an investigation as to why he did not take action when he apparently saw the incident..........or maybe not.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:27 pm

No charge, no case to answer, what a joke. Another (former) top 4 decision for the boys
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:52 pm

craigmcfc wrote:No charge, no case to answer, what a joke. Another (former) top 4 decision for the boys

Not quite, this is an England player has no case to answer for. They are remarkably lenient on England players when it comes to things like this especially when there is a world cup on the horizon.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:06 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:No charge, no case to answer, what a joke. Another (former) top 4 decision for the boys

Not quite, this is an England player has no case to answer for. They are remarkably lenient on England players when it comes to things like this especially when there is a world cup on the horizon.

I agree on that point but players of Top 4 clubs get away with more than others. Let's hope we'll feel the benefit soon
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:27 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:

Who was it a couple of years ago who allegedly threatened not to play in a tournament if they hauled him over the coles for a blatent incident.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum