Strugglers proving difficult

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Strugglers proving difficult

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:32 pm

here is a list of the likely strugglers fixtures against teams going for the top 4 spots
Currently there are only six points between Bolton and Burnley (2nd from bottom )
These teams now have to start fighting for their lives, and usually there are one or two upsets for the top teams..

Which fixtures look like likely candidates?

Bolton v Rags
Spurs v Bolton

Wigan v Villa - villa wont like this one
Wigan v Arse - ditto, if arse are missing any key players they will struggle.
City v Wigan
Chelsea v Wigan ( last game of the season )

Arse v West Ham
Chelsea v West Ham
Scouce v West Ham
West Ham v City ( last game of the season )

Sunderland v City
Villa v Sunderland
Scouse v Sunderland
Sunderland v Spuds - if sunderland are in trouble at this stage, spuds might find the trip up north not to their liking.
Sunderland v Rags ( 2nd to last game )

Villa v Wolves - derby days between these two are unpredictable
Arse v Wolves

Hull v Arse - wont be easy
Hull v Scouce - wont be easy

Burnley v City
Burnley v Scouce
Burnley v Spuds ( last game of the season ) - could be key this if Burnley desperately need the win, spuds again travelling north!

For once i agree with Lawro, Pompey are likely to be more dangerous now than at anytime during the season, hence..
Scouce v Portsmouth - a bad season gets worse for poor old Liverpool ;)
Portsmouth v Chelsea - normally a routine win for Chelsea, but Avram Grant might make the difference?
Spuds v Portsmouth - Just seems the perfect game for Spurs to lose in style, and spuds fans know it already!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Strugglers proving difficult

Postby dazby » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:09 am

Remember when we used to do this for City and the struggle for survival. It really hit home for me today just how far we've come in a short space of time.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john@staustell » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:11 am

You can still get odds on us for the league mate - 100/1. When did that last happen with Scum and Arse only having 9 games to go??

:)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:05 am

dazby wrote:Remember when we used to do this for City and the struggle for survival. It really hit home for me today just how far we've come in a short space of time.

was thinking about this also recently.. someone mentioned it in a thread.. like the difference between every game being critical for survival and every game being critical to grab success. It is a very different feeling, but the tension is the same.

We are going to be more and more wound up as each game passes.. and if we drop a clanger you know for a fact that a lot of peeps are going to go totally awol.

But as you say Daz it is a new world we are living in, seems only yesterday we were slipping down the league under Pearce, hoping it was going to stop but seeing no evidence whatesoever that it would.

I am starting to feel now though that the battle to finish in the top 4 is even more intense somehow.. cant put my finger on tbh.. it is like the door to dreams is there, open and we have a foot wedged in it.. just getting set up to shift our weight and barge through it

So looking at these fixtures now for where some favours might come our way is a total joy.

i hope the lads battle for every ball on sunday like we will be relegated from the top4 if they dont
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Return to The Maine Football forum