Jim Cassell

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jim Cassell

Postby stockportblue » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:50 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
ant london wrote:I'd like to see City do something like creating "mini-academies" across the UK. Not necessarily trying to just hunt for the next Rooney, but giving all kids who want to play football a chance to do so. Providing physical facilities to play football or improving existing ones and doing some structured coaching/competitions for local kids to get involved in. In the course of that I'm pretty sure we could unearth some gems who might otherwise slip through the net.

Thats a sweet idea ant, even if the club/owners just pushed to set up and support the buying back of spaces for kids to play footie on thoughout communities in the UK. Would get them a serious amount of brownie points for the Abu Dhabi name, as well as genuinely attempting to help solve a current structural problem in UK society

If you look at the official City website it looks as though something similar is already operating in Leeds.
stockportblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: stephen ireland

Postby Dronny » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:46 pm

ant london wrote:I note that you are "Mid-Sussex Blues" Dronnosaurus.....

Are there separate, splinter group for Upper Sussex Blues and maybe those pesky Lower Sussex Bues?

Well let me cast my mind back to the olden days, there used to be the three branches. The Upper Sussex Blues looked down upon us, the MSB's, while we looked down on the LSB's. The LSB's looked up to us but thumbed their nose to the USB...........nah mate we've nicked most of the Blues in Sussex, last count we had 76 member's.

Not too bad for a branch so far from home :-(

How's the missionary work (not the nocturnal fumblings) going in Egypt?
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Dronny » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:49 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:Just ask him, straight out.

"At the time, did you want to be staying at the academy or going to the middle east? Was it your idea to go out there, or were you told you were going out there?"
ask that question exactly like that, and watch his reaction. he'll give the obvious answer I reckon, but watch his reaction.

I reckon after 7 or 8 pints I can ask this question, I'll try and ask it exactly as you request Bingo, but I can't promise.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum