Tonights premier league games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tonights premier league games

Postby HeyMark » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Sunderland 1-0 up against bolton already, really hope they win tonight, I dont want to play them on sunday with them still on that unbeaten run. It would almost guarantee them beating us
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Re: Tonights premier league games

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Portsmouth 0-1 Birmingham
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Portsmouth 0-2 Birmingham
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:17 pm

HeyMark wrote:Sunderland 1-0 up against bolton already, really hope they win tonight, I dont want to play them on sunday with them still on that unbeaten run. It would almost guarantee them beating us

Looking good for the win now,they got a second(bent).
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:21 pm

3-0 now to sunderland Bent scoring again.Game over now for sure.
Green & Blue

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:21 pm

Alex McLeish is an outstanding manager. He has done a great job at every side he has managed.

Took Motherwell to Europe in his first job.
Took Hibernian back to the SPL and to Europe as well as a cup final.
Won several league titles in Scotland with Rangers with his hands tied behind his back against a superior Celtic side managed my MON.
Made Rangers the first Scottish club to make the last 16 of Europe.
Took Scotland to within ten minutes of qualifying from a group that included France and Italy.
Got Birmingham promoted on his first attempt.
Almost certain to finish top 10 this year on a tiny budget.

When the Scousers dump Benitez this year they should look no further than McLeish, With the money problems they have he is proven to do his best work with his hands tied.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:39 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Alex McLeish is an outstanding manager. He has done a great job at every side he has managed.

Won several league titles in Scotland with Rangers with his hands tied behind his back against a superior Celtic side managed my MON.
Took Scotland to within ten minutes of qualifying from a group that included France and Italy.

When the Scousers dump Benitez this year they should look no further than McLeish, With the money problems they have he is proven to do his best work with his hands tied.

Agreed Ross,credit where credit is due his record in Scotland is outstanding.His stock in england is surely on the rise with the job hes doing now with Birmingham.
If its not Livepool in for him im sure any chairman looking for new direction will more than likely will be looking at McLeish as an option.
Green & Blue

Postby Colin the King » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:39 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Alex McLeish is an outstanding manager. He has done a great job at every side he has managed.

Agree with that Ross, he's a brilliant manager and goes about his work without any fuss. Not a headline grabber- just gets on with things quietly.

There was always a danger I felt that they'd do a Hull- get off to a flyer and collapse around Christmas, but he's kept pushing them all the way and now they're 8th, and still with an outside chance of a European place. When you look at Birmingham's squad, he's basically got Championship level players but with that belief they certainly don't look out of place. Carr, Dann, Johnson and Ridgewell have been among the best back fours this season, and cost fuck all to assemble.

Never really liked Birmingham thanks to their knobhead fans, but credit where it's due. They've been fantastic.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:56 pm

The last minute goal from kanu just cost me 4 pts in fantasy football, cheers for that :P

Agree about mcleish lads...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Green & Blue wrote:

Agreed Ross,credit where credit is due his record in Scotland is outstanding.His stock in england is surely on the rise with the job hes doing now with Birmingham.
If its not Livepool in for him im sure any chairman looking for new direction will more than likely will be looking at McLeish as an option.

The thing is he is actually unproven at spending big money so I wouldn’t want him anywhere near City if our job was up for offer in the summer.

Moyle’s, Hodgson and McLeish. All British managers that won’t ever get the chance they deserve to manage at the highest level.

Perhaps if they went abroad and won a league via the court…….sorry wrong thread.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Well thankfully Sunderland have got that victory under the belt. Thanks Bolton, should take the pressure off and City can
now concentrate on picking them off on Sunday. They'll probably get the feeling they can beat any team now. Just perfect for City to sneak the victory.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Dubciteh wrote:The last minute goal from kanu just cost me 4 pts in fantasy football, cheers for that :P

Yeah, fucking annoying that goal! Just been giving my mate loads of shit cos I caught up a 30 point gap in one night with 3 for bent and clean sheets for Hart and Johnson only to find out Pompey bagged a meaningless goal in the 93rd minute. Bastard.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:21 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:The last minute goal from kanu just cost me 4 pts in fantasy football, cheers for that :P

Yeah, fucking annoying that goal! Just been giving my mate loads of shit cos I caught up a 30 point gap in one night with 3 for bent and clean sheets for Hart and Johnson only to find out Pompey bagged a meaningless goal in the 93rd minute. Bastard.

Funny that have both Hart and bent myself,not impressed with Kanus contribution.I was not expecting that from Bent so cant complain too much.
Green & Blue

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:24 am

Well he did get him them relegated so it was the least he could do.

Picking up on the British managers never getting the top jobs bit I agree that they won't but until they start looking to work in Europe and broadening their experience and knowledge they will always be stuck at the lower end of the premiership. When the FA have had to go foreign (twice) to find a manager of the national team what does that say to the owners of the clubs that want to compete at the highest level of the PL and CL?
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby mr_nool » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Has been solving crime in Miami since September 23, 2002

Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Colin the King wrote:Never really liked Birmingham thanks to their knobhead fans, but credit where it's due. They've been fantastic.

Birmingham have bounced between the Championship and Top Flight for seasons - but should now have enough about them to stay up. If they finish 8th then they've done extremely well.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Return to The Maine Football forum