The "no history" argument

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The "no history" argument

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:50 am

THIS IS AWESOME COMEBACK MATERIAL!! Going to send that to a few people I know when the timing is perfect.

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Chelsea do not have history either, apparently, despite beating Liverpool to a European trophy by two years in 1971. Manchester City beat them into being by five years, to the FA Cup by 61 years, to the League Cup by 11 years and to a European trophy by three years.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:58 am

Wonderwall wrote:THIS IS AWESOME COMEBACK MATERIAL!! Going to send that to a few people I know when the timing is perfect.

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Chelsea do not have history either, apparently, despite beating Liverpool to a European trophy by two years in 1971. Manchester City beat them into being by five years, to the FA Cup by 61 years, to the League Cup by 11 years and to a European trophy by three years.

we had also won the FA cup 3 times before liverpool got a taste of it
we had also won the League cup 2 times before liverpool got a taste of it
Our record win is 12-0 against ..................................................Liverpool

eat shit
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Kladze » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:51 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:THIS IS AWESOME COMEBACK MATERIAL!! Going to send that to a few people I know when the timing is perfect.

we had also won the FA cup 3 times before liverpool got a taste of it
we had also won the League cup 2 times before liverpool got a taste of it
Our record win is 12-0 against ..................................................Liverpool

eat shit

I seem to remember our record victory as being 11-3 against Lincoln City - maybe my dementia is finally taking a good grip ;-o

What really makes me laugh about these players who use the "They've got no history" gambit is that they should, in that case, be beating the doors down at Nottingham Forest saying "Gizza job". I don't see any queues there though.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum