Reserves at the rags on Thu night

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Reserves at the rags on Thu night

Postby kinkylola » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:55 pm

nimely has looked dangerous the whole game ... i would be surprised if he doesnt get a run out soon ... if mancini had been in earlier we prob would have seen him in a cup.

utd hand ball in the box ... pen for city to tie it up .. peno good! 2-2 now into added time.

dunno who scored the peno ... maybe Mak
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby kinkylola » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Mak with a nice dribble into the box, last touch is too heavy though and the keeper scoops it up.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby kinkylola » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:01 pm

last corner of the game now for city ....
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby kinkylola » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:01 pm

cleared.

game over 2-2
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby kinkylola » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:02 pm

the spanish keeper wears a samurai bun in the back by the way.

nimely looks good and I think Mak has a good turn and isnt afraid to run at people. neither is nimely.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Only saw the last 25mins(+injury time) and I have to say that was by far more entertaining than I expected! Wish I had watched from the beginning.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Enjoyed it.. more entertaining than our 1st team football..
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby scrandled » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:10 pm

kinkylola wrote:nimely has looked dangerous the whole game ... i would be surprised if he doesnt get a run out soon ... if mancini had been in earlier we prob would have seen him in a cup.

utd hand ball in the box ... pen for city to tie it up .. peno good! 2-2 now into added time.

dunno who scored the peno ... maybe Mak

Tutte scored it. Ahhh, how pissed off did the U***** commentators sounds. mmmmm...chubby...
scrandled
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby kinkylola » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:32 pm

yea sorry, I don't recognize their faces yet ... first ever reserve game I've seen.

the team did look good, I was pleased. And yea, the commentators were so pissed off. Listening to those cunts was hardest thing to tolerate
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ant london » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:44 am

No-one mentioned him here but the OS say that John Guidetti played 2/3 of the game last night

How did he look? From the fact that he isn't mentioned I guess the answer is not as impressive as Nimely and Mak.....which isn't surprising given his age and fact that this is one of his first run-outs at this level??
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:16 am

Enjoyed the game last night on a cold night in Altrincham. Several players impressed in patches, Poole had an excellent start to the game but faded as the match went on and was subbed for Chris Chantler in the second half. He showed a fair turn of speed and a few megs to boot in the first half

Alex Nimely again stood out though as much for his reluctance to pass as well as the odd flash of brilliance. He had a couple of early chances, one wide and one way over, but was on hand to bang in our first goal after Boyatas' header rebounded to him. Was very impressed with Guidettis' strength and superb first touch and he flashed one over the bar as we looked to equalise in the second half.

Ben Mee was booked early on for an "agricultural" challenge on Diouf but was steady alongside Neddy. Trippier and Tutte were in CM and Tutte played very well and made some good surges forward with the ball. He certainly looks like he could be the next Academy lad to be given the nod.

Certainly deserved the equaliser, if not a late winner, as we had dominated the first 20 minutes before they scored and most of the second half
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:50 am

For info our Spanish keeper is Columbian and called David Girlado Gonzalez. Something like 28 years old I believe.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mcfcyounggun » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:17 am

hello again doug , i think we were the better team again last nite , i was dissapointed in guidetti last nite doug has i have praised him last week , but i thought tutte was good again and i think nimely impressed me last nite , i was speaking to a fan at the match and he said trippier is a rb, only because i thought he was lost in cm , but apart from guidetti and vidal i think every1 done us proud last nite it was the first time id seen cunnigham play an he looked steady come on the ressys wens the next game
mcfcyounggun
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: tevez

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:48 am

mcfcyounggun wrote:hello again doug , i think we were the better team again last nite , i was dissapointed in guidetti last nite doug has i have praised him last week , but i thought tutte was good again and i think nimely impressed me last nite , i was speaking to a fan at the match and he said trippier is a rb, only because i thought he was lost in cm , but apart from guidetti and vidal i think every1 done us proud last nite it was the first time id seen cunnigham play an he looked steady come on the ressys wens the next game

Bit harsh on Guidetti mate. His touch was excellent and on more than one occasion was in a good position for a pass but it never came, mostly because Alex chose to shoot from varying positions throughout the night. There's nothing wrong with a striker being selfish, in fact it's a good trait to have, but hopefully with experience and maturity he'll pick the right option more often
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum