W***E R****Y

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: W***E R****Y

Postby david yearsley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:41 am

A cnut for leaving his boyhood idols to take the devil´s dollar

A twat for not dropping Tranny first training session after the world cup

Nailed on to be crocked for the World Cup as Ferguscum will see to it

Apart from that a helluva player :0
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:51 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:You know what?
Yeah, he's top. But I reckon Vinny will keep the little shit quiet in the derby. As long as he keeps his bottle.

Kompany will do his usual thing in big matches, be impeccable for 88 minutes but have a 2 minute nightmare in the match where he gifts a goal to his marker. :-(
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:33 pm

ruralblue wrote:.......has rather big ears thus giving him an advantage for other players to aim the ball at.

nothing wrong with big ears :(
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Vhero » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:25 pm

I think the world cup is bringing out the best in the lad at least for his club but he isn't scoring for his country like he is for his club. He better be come world cup time though!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Kladze » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:52 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:With his new improved aerial ability added to his game, I'm afraid Rooney is right up there this season. Sometimes in the past he's been a bit overhyped but the way he's playing at this moment there's nobody better imo. If you took him out of that team for a decent period, they'd be lucky to get top 4.

I've been saying since pretty much the start of the season that yoonited are one injury short of a disaster.
Unfortunately, all the injuries came at the wrong end of the pitch.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:54 pm

btajim wrote:Messi is indeed a brilliant player too - but you haven't tried to compare Rooney to other Premiership Strikers. Just another World Class talent.

Rooney is the best in the Premiership.

Games/Goals/Assists
Premier League; Champions League; FA Cup; League Cup

Rooney: 26/23/4; 5/4/0; 1/0/0; 2/1/1
Drogba: 23/19/9; 4/3/0; 2/1/2; 2/2/0
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby btajim » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:20 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:Games/Goals/Assists
Premier League; Champions League; FA Cup; League Cup

Rooney: 26/23/4; 5/4/0; 1/0/0; 2/1/1
Drogba: 23/19/9; 4/3/0; 2/1/2; 2/2/0

Not for me. Stats mean very little when you're talking about how a Footballer actually plays and how good he is.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Original Dub » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:42 pm

btajim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:When he is good he is great, when he is bad he is shit. He is having a good season, there is no doubt about it but he is not Lionel Messi, the press are overhyping him as usual.

I have seen Rooney plenty of times live Jim and I have never said WOW as he just does the easy stuff which is how the game should be played IMO.

Rooney or Messi? You decide

He's only having a good season? What will he need to do to have a brilliant season?

Messi is indeed a brilliant player too - but you haven't tried to compare Rooney to other Premiership Strikers. Just another World Class talent.

Rooney is the best in the Premiership.

I wonder would Rooney have scored what Tevez has if the two players had been on the opposite teams this season?

Because I tell you what, I firmly believe Tevez would have score an extra 9 goals had he played in that team with all those extra games...

Thats my honest feeling. So this season I can't say Rooney is better than Tevez because they're so similar and have a similar goal to game ratio even though Rooney gets better service. Tevez is just as likely to get a goal out of absolutely nothing as Rooney is and his finishing has come on leaps and bounds this season.

I think next season, barring injury, Tevez could well outshine him.

Oh, BTW, Messi is better than Rooney.
Original Dub

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:06 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
btajim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I have never seen what is so great about him, however, he seems to be flavour of the month, every month.

Rooney seems to have amazing talent but a temperament that will implode soon enough. He is all smiles when things are gong well, as soon as the rags hit an ugly spot, you will see the petulant twat that is the real rooney.

I really disagree with you. Sometimes you need to watch Rooney live to see exactly how much he does on a field. He plays deep, he rarely puts a foot wrong and scores some wonderful Goals.

I think he'll break the England scoring record and I think he'll break Peter Shilton's appearances record. The latter being incredible for a Striker.

When he is good he is great, when he is bad he is shit. He is having a good season, there is no doubt about it but he is not Lionel Messi, the press are overhyping him as usual.

I have seen Rooney plenty of times live Jim and I have never said WOW as he just does the easy stuff which is how the game should be played IMO.

The last 15 minutes of the semi final 1st leg were frightening, he was THAT good. Not been that impressed by a player since Zola scored a hat-trick against us 6/7 years ago.

Just lucky he did fuck all for the other 75 minutes
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Original Dub » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:12 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
btajim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I have never seen what is so great about him, however, he seems to be flavour of the month, every month.

Rooney seems to have amazing talent but a temperament that will implode soon enough. He is all smiles when things are gong well, as soon as the rags hit an ugly spot, you will see the petulant twat that is the real rooney.

I really disagree with you. Sometimes you need to watch Rooney live to see exactly how much he does on a field. He plays deep, he rarely puts a foot wrong and scores some wonderful Goals.

I think he'll break the England scoring record and I think he'll break Peter Shilton's appearances record. The latter being incredible for a Striker.

When he is good he is great, when he is bad he is shit. He is having a good season, there is no doubt about it but he is not Lionel Messi, the press are overhyping him as usual.

The last 15 minutes of the semi final 1st leg were frightening, he was THAT good. Not been that impressed by a player since Zola scored a hat-trick against us 6/7 years ago.

Just lucky he did fuck all for the other 75 minutes

I know the - funny thing is all the media were going on about "the player that made the difference" over the two legs... Rooney was not the player over those two legs IMO... I think Tevez was. Same work rate, in a lesser side, same position, brought players into the game and scored THREE goals.

Fucking crazy. Rooney was excellent for patches of the first and brilliant for the last 15 mins of the 2nd leg, but the bias is just silly from the english media.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:59 pm

ant london wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:Will be doing well to make the quater finals.

how do you fancy Scotland's chances in SA?

Whats that got to do with it?

I think he's saying that you are only saying what you said due to the fact that you are scotch....and that you are being a bit bitter

he's them thumbing his nose at you with an oblique question whose real purpose is the sentiment of nuh nuh nee nuh nuh...you're not at the world cup

for what it's worth, however, I think you make very valid points and past experience of this and previous England teams makes it very hard for me to believe that we shall go any further than the QFs. England are like CityPlus....they manage to routinely fuck up against teams they should beat...but with even richer playing resources.

Another point that I expect shall be very unpopular is that....I was really pleased that Beckham got such a good reception at the Swamp last night. I wasn't sure whether those classless fucks would be as devoid of balance and generosity of spirit as their manager but, for once, they surprised me in a good way. I dislike Beckham's U***d loyalty/bias but I think he's a nice fella (and, for a footballer, I think he genuinely is a good role model for kids)....he didn't deserve the treatment he has had from that cunt Taggart and it was the reception he did fully deserve.

As to Rooney....he's unbelievably talented. Anyone who says that he's not a loose cannon anymore is a touch silly though. Although not quite a silly as anyone who says they wouldn't like to have him at Eastlands

WHO REALLY USES THE WORD "SILLY" THESE DAYS APART FROM MIDDLE AGED WOMEN TEACHERS.....AND YOU?

IT,S SUCH A FUCKING SHITE WORD TO DESCRIBE ANYTHING...NO IMPACT ....NOTHING.....,DEEP DOWN YOU REALLY WANT TO ADD THE WORD "CUNT" ON THE END OF IT BUT DONT FOR FEAR OF WHAT EXACTLY?

ILL BE FUCKED IF I KNOW.

ANYWAY CARRY ON.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby dazby » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:35 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ant london wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:Will be doing well to make the quater finals.

how do you fancy Scotland's chances in SA?

Whats that got to do with it?

I think he's saying that you are only saying what you said due to the fact that you are scotch....and that you are being a bit bitter

he's them thumbing his nose at you with an oblique question whose real purpose is the sentiment of nuh nuh nee nuh nuh...you're not at the world cup

for what it's worth, however, I think you make very valid points and past experience of this and previous England teams makes it very hard for me to believe that we shall go any further than the QFs. England are like CityPlus....they manage to routinely fuck up against teams they should beat...but with even richer playing resources.

Another point that I expect shall be very unpopular is that....I was really pleased that Beckham got such a good reception at the Swamp last night. I wasn't sure whether those classless fucks would be as devoid of balance and generosity of spirit as their manager but, for once, they surprised me in a good way. I dislike Beckham's U***d loyalty/bias but I think he's a nice fella (and, for a footballer, I think he genuinely is a good role model for kids)....he didn't deserve the treatment he has had from that cunt Taggart and it was the reception he did fully deserve.

As to Rooney....he's unbelievably talented. Anyone who says that he's not a loose cannon anymore is a touch silly though. Although not quite a silly as anyone who says they wouldn't like to have him at Eastlands

WHO REALLY USES THE WORD "SILLY" THESE DAYS APART FROM MIDDLE AGED WOMEN TEACHERS.....AND YOU?

IT,S SUCH A FUCKING SHITE WORD TO DESCRIBE ANYTHING...NO IMPACT ....NOTHING.....,DEEP DOWN YOU REALLY WANT TO ADD THE WORD "CUNT" ON THE END OF IT BUT DONT FOR FEAR OF WHAT EXACTLY?

ILL BE FUCKED IF I KNOW.

ANYWAY CARRY ON.

Silly post Carl, just silly.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:20 am

Wayne Rooney is being bulit up so that he can be knocked right back down when he fails to shine at the WC. It happens time and time again. Last WC was meant to be Lamps and Stevie Gs crowning moment, both were utter turd. This is what we do in this country, build a massive frenzie about someone then rip them apart. Gazza and Becks anyone!!

I can't really recall the last time that an English player performed on a world stage after being hyped up for 6 months before hand. England always flatter to decieve at major tournements and I can't see this one being any different.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum