£4MILLION mansion

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

£4MILLION mansion

Postby blootoof » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:09 pm

For Daniel Sturridge

SOCCER starlet Daniel Sturridge has splashed out on a £4MILLION mansion - despite only ever starting SIX Premier League games.
The 20-year-old Chelsea striker, who earns £55,000-a-week, is settling into the plush pad in Esher, Surrey.

The huge property boasts six bedrooms, six bathrooms and four reception rooms and backs on to beautiful Esher Common.

A source said: "It's astonishing that he can afford to buy somewhere like this after so few games."

Sturridge, who moved to Chelsea from Manchester City for £3.5million, went top drawer for his mortgage too - from Coutts, the QUEEN'S bankers.

What a fuckin joke
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Re: £4MILLION mansion

Postby Fish111 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:12 pm

This is exactly what's wrong with football today. I don't mind the best players on the planet earning a good crust but far too many very average wankers like Sturridge earn way too much.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:15 pm

I don't see how that's really a story. He'd cover the house's cost within 4 years after tax, how many of us could say that about our mortgage? Plus all his benefits/ bonuses/ sponsorships...

Though obviously it's a sad state of affairs when a bit part player is so loaded. Stories like this just accelerate the motion of football eating itself.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby blootoof » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:22 pm

I must of gone wrong somewhere in life if bonuses could cover a 4 mill mansion for a shit cunt like him.

Ah well, back to stickin lolly pop sticks back in phone boxes :)
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ian494 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:40 pm

On his salary he could get a mortgage of £8,608,050, so a piddling £4 million mansion is slumming it a bit!!
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Fish111 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:46 pm

blootoof wrote: Ah well, back to stickin lolly pop sticks back in phone boxes :)

Does that still work?
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby blootoof » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:07 pm

Fish111 wrote:
blootoof wrote: Ah well, back to stickin lolly pop sticks back in phone boxes :)

Does that still work?

Doubt it fish.

Never used to go out plantin the fuckers myself. I knew one or two that done it though and the route they'de take so I'd go out collectin before they did. Lived like a king on chip/ gravy barm cakes and ten cigs for months.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:20 am

I know he's a little cunt, etc but he's far from shit in my opinion. He would have done well to stay at City and work for a first team spot and tbh this season I think he would have had a fair few chances. But to say he's shit is wide of the mark.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby david yearsley » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:44 am

Some fuclin family he´s got behind him - they´ve turned his head inside out
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:05 am

Well done Danny
I kike it when somebody does well.I think its sad how fans can get jealous about how much money someone earns.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:09 am

Rag_hater wrote:Well done Danny
I kike it when somebody does well.I think its sad how fans can get jealous about how much money someone earns.

Contrary fucker recently aint ya? I dont think its jealousy to say that some of these so called stars do not warrant the earnings they have, particularly when it comes out of MY pocket through £50 gate prices and £50 a month watching sky.

Its shit like this that is gonna be the downfall of the whole fucking pack of cards when people eventually turn their back on the ridiculous cost of following your team, inflated SOLELY by players wage demands.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:15 am

johnpb78 wrote:

Contrary fucker recently aint ya? I dont think its jealousy to say that some of these so called stars do not warrant the earnings they have, particularly when it comes out of MY pocket through £50 gate prices and £50 a month watching sky.

Its shit like this that is gonna be the downfall of the whole fucking pack of cards when people eventually turn their back on the ridiculous cost of following your team, inflated SOLELY by players wage demands.

Anybody dont have your opinion are a fucker are they?
Rag_hater

Postby ant london » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:27 am

Rag_hater wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Don't be obtuse mate.....you know full well you are being deliberately provocative in your "Well Done Danny" statement

I personally couldn't care less what the lad can afford and buy. He's got talent and in today's overinflated football world he is getting paid what he is "worth". But you know full well that...in performance terms....he has got a long way to go to justify his earnings (both to his employers and the footballing public). He has not remotely "done well" in any respect so far...apart from having negotiated a juicy contract for himself.

You also know how he is viewed on here and you couldn't resist winding people up.

So for that...you are being a dick. And you know that full well. So don't play the "what? me?" game please
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:29 am

Rag_hater wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

yawn
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:32 am

ian494 wrote:On his salary he could get a mortgage of £8,608,050, so a piddling £4 million mansion is slumming it a bit!!

not sure a pro sportsmans lending criteria are the same as the rest of us.
He's not expected to stay on that wage for 25 years after all.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:46 am

ant london wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Don't be obtuse mate.....you know full well you are being deliberately provocative in your "Well Done Danny" statement

I personally couldn't care less what the lad can afford and buy. He's got talent and in today's overinflated football world he is getting paid what he is "worth". But you know full well that...in performance terms....he has got a long way to go to justify his earnings (both to his employers and the footballing public). He has not remotely "done well" in any respect so far...apart from having negotiated a juicy contract for himself.

You also know how he is viewed on here and you couldn't resist winding people up.

So for that...you are being a dick. And you know that full well. So don't play the "what? me?" game please

So you dont give a fuck what he earns?
Anyway I think negotiating the contract he has(which a streetwise and on the ball tycoon like yourself would have struggled to do or maybe not achieved)for himself entitles him to buy whatever hr wants.
I've been saying for a long time Good luck to the boy.Hope he gets it all.
Rag_hater

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:47 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:
ian494 wrote:On his salary he could get a mortgage of £8,608,050, so a piddling £4 million mansion is slumming it a bit!!

not sure a pro sportsmans lending criteria are the same as the rest of us.
He's not expected to stay on that wage for 25 years after all.

They will lend whatever they ask for - the banks make so much profit in the short term, and high end property doesnt usually dip like normal residential gaffes so the security at no more than 75% ltv is usually pretty bulletproof in case the bank needs to take it back.

I had dealings with a few Premier League players before lending got totally out of hand, and some of the lending which was done to footballers was eye watering. One young player who was earning £3k a week at the time had a £100k credit card limit which was permanently maxed out, a loan to stratstones for £120k and his bank still approved a £900k mortgage. He now plays for England so it worked out well for the player who made a fortune out of the property, and the bank.

However another PL player had bought a number of properties whilst on a big contract in around 2005, and the banks were falling over themselves to give him more facilities. Year or two later, lost his appetite for football and drifted out of the game thinking he had made it as a billy big bollocks property developer before age 30. Eventually when the credit crunch came, he was back, playing in the conference because the lending had been completely unsustainable and he was financially fucked. He now plays for Leigh.
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blootoof » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:03 am

I'm a bit long in the tooth to be jealous of that cunt, like you say "good luck to him", but that wasn't my point. It just amazes me how someone at his age, who has done next to fuckall(in comparison to other football players)can go out shopping for a £4 mill mansion.

Speaking of jealousy, if the munes hadn't won fuckall for 35 years, I doubt you would be callin yourself 'Rag hater'.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:20 pm

blootoof wrote:

I'm a bit long in the tooth to be jealous of that cunt, like you say "good luck to him", but that wasn't my point. It just amazes me how someone at his age, who has done next to fuckall(in comparison to other football players)can go out shopping for a £4 mill mansion.

Speaking of jealousy, if the munes hadn't won fuckall for 35 years, I doubt you would be callin yourself 'Rag hater'.

He has been called a greedy cunt on here and a few other things but I dont think he is.
The fact of the matter is that he was able to get himself a fat contract for which some credit has got to be given to the lad.
I haven't seen anything he has said bad about us(I may be mistaken)
And him getting the most he can is something I think most of would do.I know I would.
Their trophy cabinet has fuckall to do with the name I chose on here if were using that as an example it was simply something my son came up with and I thought it was quite funny.Simple pleasures for simple minds hey.
Rag_hater

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:21 pm

Continuing the theme of ridiculous spending by players who've yet to make it..... This was in the papers last month...

An Arsenal and England youth star was yesterday arrested at the wheel of his new £100,000 sports car.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas allegedly failed to stop for police in the early hours.

The 19-year-old was driving a Mercedes McLaren in Wanstead, East London

Officers smashed his windscreen during the incident and allegedly found he was unaccompanied and had only a provisional licence.

Emmanuel-Thomas was charged with failure to stop and not driving in accordance with a licence. He will appear before Redbridge magistrates on February 12,

Emmanuel-Thomas, from Forest Gate, East London, joined Arsenal aged seven. Manager Arsene Wenger has hailed him as a future star.

The midfield player has captained the Gunners' under 19s and was part of the England's Under 19 squad which qualified for the 2009 European championships.

Number of first team games this 19 year old driving a car worth £100k has played?

ZERO.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum