£1BN (BILLION) Investment

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: £1BN (BILLION) Investment

Postby Original Dub » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:22 am

Nothing suprises me anymore, but those fucks on SSN have managed to piss me right off once again.

Their "coverage" of this massive story is simply that we have "met with the council to redevelop the area around the stadium, but talks are at a very early stage".

They then launch straight into how RSC has scored 3 goals in 5 starts, which means he has cost us £5.8m per goal.

It is absolutely REMARKABLE bias. This should be a HUGE story, but it is far too positive for their spin, so I guess their whole philosophy is:

"IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NASTY TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL".

Well fuck them and fuck those broke ass scum bags from salford - they'll all bow down very very soon and I'm gonna piss myself laughing when they do.
Original Dub

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:30 am

Original Dub wrote:Nothing suprises me anymore, but those fucks on SSN have managed to piss me right off once again.

Their "coverage" of this massive story is simply that we have "met with the council to redevelop the area around the stadium, but talks are at a very early stage".

They then launch straight into how RSC has scored 3 goals in 5 starts, which means he has cost us £5.8m per goal.

It is absolutely REMARKABLE bias. This should be a HUGE story, but it is far too positive for their spin, so I guess their whole philosophy is:

Well fuck them and fuck those broke ass scum bags from salford - they'll all bow down very very soon and I'm gonna piss myself laughing when they do.

My thought exactly Dub. No mention of RSC being injured for most of the campaign at ll. Just that we haven't used him much. You could say 3 goals in 5 starts is pretty handy but then they wouldn't would they? Interferes with their Shrek-worship.

They said 'agreed to explore the possibilities' when we all know they have been doing that for 18 months. As you say, totally biased editorial staff, but we'll soon be accused of paranoia!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue Blood » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 am

john@staustell wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Nothing suprises me anymore, but those fucks on SSN have managed to piss me right off once again.

My thought exactly Dub. No mention of RSC being injured for most of the campaign at ll. Just that we haven't used him much. You could say 3 goals in 5 starts is pretty handy but then they wouldn't would they? Interferes with their Shrek-worship.

They said 'agreed to explore the possibilities' when we all know they have been doing that for 18 months. As you say, totally biased editorial staff, but we'll soon be accused of paranoia!

I don't give two fucks if them utter cunts on ssn think its big news or not, fuck um.

This investment will give jobs to hundreds if not thousands of ordinary mancs and revitilise the whole area. This is a huge shot in the arm to the northern economy.

If they don't want to report it its there choice, manchester will benefit hugely regardless!
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Original Dub » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:49 am

john@staustell wrote:

Its not paranoia at all though is it? Its clear as day it pains them to report anything positive because it simply doesn't tie in with their "City are ruining football" running story.... its just plain sad and pathetic really.
Original Dub

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:52 am

Maybe it's just me, but I can't say One Billion Pounds, without the urge to stick my little finger in my mouth, Dr Evil style.

Fantastic news and can't wait to see the full plans. Not sure the Milan training centre is the best example to follow though...
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:55 am

They'll have to report it when it starts getting built though. It'll be big news & likely on the Sky News channel too.

Re North Stand increase: If you were joining the North Stand on to the existing sides in a straight forward bowl shape rather than having them curving down as they do now, then it would also be adding a fair few seats to the sides as well as the North Stand, so that would possibly account for the 12,000. The original bowl shape design for the athletics stadium with the full 3 tier ends was about 90,000 if I remember rightly? That was of course containing an athletics & track therefore longer.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:02 am

You do realise this investment would almost wipe out the entire debt of United and Liverpool together
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Original Dub » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:18 am

Manx Blue wrote:You do realise this investment would almost wipe out the entire debt of U***d and Liverpool together

I wasn't going to have a drink tonight but I think it woud be a damn shame not to when you put it so bluntly.
Original Dub

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:31 am

Original Dub wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:You do realise this investment would almost wipe out the entire debt of U***d and Liverpool together

I wasn't going to have a drink tonight but I think it woud be a damn shame not to when you put it so bluntly.

Give or take £60M of course!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:32 am

Ted Hughes wrote:They'll have to report it when it starts getting built though. It'll be big news & likely on the Sky News channel too.

Re North Stand increase: If you were joining the North Stand on to the existing sides in a straight forward bowl shape rather than having them curving down as they do now, then it would also be adding a fair few seats to the sides as well as the North Stand, so that would possibly account for the 12,000. The original bowl shape design for the athletics stadium with the full 3 tier ends was about 90,000 if I remember rightly? That was of course containing an athletics & track therefore longer.

It would luck bloody daft if built straight up and you would get nosebleeds at the top. It would have to be 3 times higher than it is presently too which holds around 6,000, 6 TIERS.........so yes no doubt it will involve joining the sides of the existing 3rd tier.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:47 am

that sir, is fucking beautiful.
The Man In Blue

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:54 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:They'll have to report it when it starts getting built though. It'll be big news & likely on the Sky News channel too.

It would luck bloody daft if built straight up and you would get nosebleeds at the top. It would have to be 3 times higher than it is presently too which holds around 6,000, 6 TIERS.........so yes no doubt it will involve joining the sides of the existing 3rd tier.

I meant in order to get 12,00 seats without doing the Sth Stand as well.

Many stadia are built with a dip in the corners similar to ours now, then sloping back up again so the ends mirror the sides rather than going straight round in a bowl shape. That would lose seats both at the sides & at the end. If the corners however were built right up to the height of the roof straight round, it would be creating a lot of seats starting almost from the halfway line in both sides as well as the corners. That's possibly where the extra 6,000 seats to make up the 12,000 would come from without doing the South Stand.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:03 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

I meant in order to get 12,00 seats without doing the Sth Stand as well.

Many stadia are built with a dip in the corners similar to ours now, then sloping back up again so the ends mirror the sides rather than going straight round in a bowl shape. That would lose seats both at the sides & at the end. If the corners however were built right up to the height of the roof straight round, it would be creating a lot of seats starting almost from the halfway line in both sides as well as the corners. That's possibly where the extra 6,000 seats to make up the 12,000 would come from without doing the South Stand.

Yeah, can't see any other way of doing it, unless they want a "kop" style huuuge stand at one end. Would be good to get all the singers in there, but would probably look a touch out of place
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:13 pm

Is anyone else pissing there pants in excitement?
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:31 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:Is anyone else pissing there pants in excitement?

Well in reality, an announcement has been made which hasn't really announced anything except that the council and 2rd parties are gonna spend £1bn on redeveloping east manchester (again).

If I lived in east Manchester I would be peeing my pants in excitement that the shithole will finally get cleaned up and house prices will go up, but being selfish I havent really seen any substance to suggest how much of the £1bn will benefit me as a city fan, other than what has already been announced about city street, which I personally wont make use of.

Its all very exciting that our club seems to be at the centre of all that, but lets see what the specifics are first
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dazby » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:39 pm

I'm not pissing my pants but it is very exciting.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:40 pm

typical rag comment from facebook:

You can't buy success or status. Fixing up a dirty area does not give you status or success. The noisy neighbours can argue back when they win a trophy.

C L U E L E S S
The Man In Blue

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:44 pm

So it starts!

I think we can finally put thoughts that Sheik is here in short term to bed.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:So it starts!

I think we can finally put thoughts that Sheik is here in short term to bed.

God bless that man, we really did hit the football jackpot the day the Sheikh arived.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ian494 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Quick question and slight OT but as the Forbes rich list has been announced, why is there no mention in it of the Al Nahyan family?

Surely Sheik Mansour must feature, but there are only 4 people from UAE. Checked last years and he is listed at 104th with $4.9b I though the family were worth $540b
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum