Which other Prem teams do you hate, respect ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Which other Prem teams do you hate, respect ?

Postby Exiled » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:53 am

Which other Premiership teams do you hate, respect etc?

Here's mine:---

Hate
Liverpool - I actually think I hate them more than Yoonitid. Some of my workmates are Liverpool fans. They're ok generally but christ, when it comes to football, I really hate being in the room with them. Like really batter them with their Pool commemorate coffee mugs. Condescending (think they) know alls who cannot accept defeat even when their team have played lousy. There's alweays an excuse. Stevie G. Lafa. Phil Thompson. Those famous European nights. The 'history' comment.

Man Utd - Of course. The enemy. No need to add it to this thread really. It's a given.

Everton - Didn't mind them once but ever since David Moyes & Phil Neville joined them . . . .......

Stoke, Blackburn - Don't like their style of football at all. Prefer them to be replaced with the likes of Nottm Forest or Newcastle (it was funny when they got relegated but actually miss those games).

Respect ( but still want to beat them)

Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa, West Ham, Fulham - decent football a lot of the time and usually one of the better fixtures. However the 2-4 defeat to Spurs in the FA Cup Qtr final was the most depressing game in my lifetime.
Exiled
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City

Re: Which other Prem teams do you hate, respect ?

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:57 am

I actually hate them all mate, and have at some point had reason to over all the years.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Esky » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:26 am

Hate - Stoke would have to be the flavour of the month here. Yes they beat us, and yes football is a results business, but what they're playing at is degenerative anti football. Couldn't bear to put up with it season after season; some of the stuff you'd see in an under seven's game would be more inspiring. I don't begrudge Pulis any success (especially after '99) but the sooner teams figure them out and relegate them the better. Bolton have come along a little in this sense under Coyle and so have Blackburn, ironically, under Allardyce.

Respect - Villa hands down. Nothing to do with Dunne either. They've a great manager, a largely English squad and can play well both in the air and out wide. If we don't make it to fourth I certainly hope they do.

West Ham are another I've no qualms with. They've one of the best academies in football and have had to endure a lot since Magnussen got involved. Generally look to play attacking football, rarely beat us (recently anyhow) and seem to have a decent set of fans. Wouldn't mind inquiring about Behrami if they go down but I do hope that Zola gets them well away from the relegation battle.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:06 am

Hate -
Liverpool.
I used to watch them as a kid as my dad is a scouser so always had a soft spot for them, but I am sick and tired of their antics this season, their cheating captain, their whiny fucking full back, their incompetent shite talking manager, cynical dirty football and their "history". The Martin Samuels article recently posted on here was one of the best I have ever seen about setting right footballing myths. After celebrating like a madman when they won the CL, this has deteriorated to the extent that I have recently started to hope they fail in Europe, which puts them on a par only with the rags for me in terms of dislike.
Spurs. No idea why, I just dont like them. Their fans seem like right cunts, and I dont think I have ever met one that disproves the prejudice

Respect
United, I fucking hate them, but you have to respect what they have achieved.
Arsenal, they do things the right way, they entertain, dont overspend and should be a model for any football club.
Fulham, inoffensive, have a good manager, a good owner, gone down in my estimation after the £50 tickets for our upcoming match
Villa, not much to dislike about them, even their fans dont seem to be cocks
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Original Dub » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:26 am

Exiled wrote:Which other Premiership teams do you hate, respect etc?

Here's mine:---

Hate
Liverpool - I actually think I hate them more than Yoonitid. Some of my workmates are Liverpool fans. They're ok generally but christ, when it comes to football, I really hate being in the room with them. Like really batter them with their Pool commemorate coffee mugs. Condescending (think they) know alls who cannot accept defeat even when their team have played lousy. There's alweays an excuse. Stevie G. Lafa. Phil Thompson. Those famous European nights. The 'history' comment.

Man Utd - Of course. The enemy. No need to add it to this thread really. It's a given.

Everton - Didn't mind them once but ever since David Moyes & Phil Neville joined them . . . .......

Stoke, Blackburn - Don't like their style of football at all. Prefer them to be replaced with the likes of Nottm Forest or Newcastle (it was funny when they got relegated but actually miss those games).

Respect ( but still want to beat them)

Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa, West Ham, Fulham - decent football a lot of the time and usually one of the better fixtures. However the 2-4 defeat to Spurs in the FA Cup Qtr final was the most depressing game in my lifetime.

Jesus mate, that's my feeling word for word, right down to having an unbelieveable hatred for Liverpool. I think its because although I've taken shit from both sets of fans my whole life, it always felt like liverpool had no fucking right to be shitting on us.

As you can imagine, I'm revelling this season and shoule we finally clinch that 4th spot, I'm gonna go to fucking town on these fucks.
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:08 am

I only hate the rags

Have a soft spot for the Hammers

Anyone else I couldn't give a toss about...though i'm starting to dislike spurs...maybe because they are close rivals at the moment
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Chinners » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:33 am

I was going to say Portsmouth for both, but realised I'll look a right twat in a couple of months time.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:37 am

I agree with some of the thoughts about Liverpool. I've encountered lot's of their 'supporters' over the years including many plastics both here & abroad & found them to be every bit as bad & possibly worse than rags.

Can't stand Everton since Moyes (perfect rag manager).

Obviously hate rags.

Particularly hate Spurs, they would love to be the rags, crowing about themselves & putting everyone else down but have never quite managed it. They always fuck up mid 'crow'. Despise everything Harry Redknapp stands for.

Stoke & Pulis have got in there for playing Rugby & having thug supporters. Always hated Pulis since Wembley whinging anyway.

No respect for Chelsea fans.

Like & respect West Ham, hope they sort themselves out & admire Arsenal for their football but Wenger is making it more & more difficult to like/respect them.

Respect some points in the clubs I hate: scouse fans for not getting on the teams backs like we would have done, rags ability to win trophies by generally attacking even sometimes with less talented teams, Everton for punching above their weight. Nothing about Spurs though.

Not strongly arsed about anyone else one way or the other.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:56 am

HATE: the obvious, and

Spurs. god i despise that shithouse club, the kit, the arrogant-with-no-real-cause-to-be fans, the stupid fucking peacock on a basketball badge, everything.

Stoke - aside from reasons we all have, the fuckers cost me about £150 when they scored a last minute winner against pompey a few weeks ago.

oh and both bin dipper clubs.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby btajim » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:09 pm

HATE:
Man Ure
Chelsea
Spurs
Liverpool
Birmingham
Stoke
Blackburn
Bolton
Wigan
Wolves

RESPECT:
Arsenal (49 unbeaten era and filling 60,000 Stadium - although the respect is dwindling)
Villa
Everton (consistently there and there abouts)
Fulham (lovely Club)
Sunderland (vocal support)
West Ham (my local side)
Burnley (best support in Lancashire)
Hull
Pompey
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:38 pm

Only 2 teams I like a little bit are Bolton.Lived there for a while when I was a youngish man and had a good time and Fulham.Have always liked Fried Egg(Fayed) since he banned the Queen from Harrods.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Strong dislike: Munes

Mild Dislike: Chavski, Stoke, Dippers, Vermingham, Spurs, Scumderland

Quite Like: West Ham, Fulham, Villa, Arsenal

Not Arsed: The other eight.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby pears12 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:54 pm

Teams i hate:
Man United, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and stoke

Teams I respect:
Fulham, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Birmingham City
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:59 pm

i hate male scousers in general, everytime i have played football against them there ego is is the size of the titanic! even when there shit they think there great.

I have a soft spot for west ham becasue there the only fans when i was at maine road when i got on a bus to piccadilly it was full of them and they didnt give me any abuse.

I hate the rags because when i was 15 i was walking to get a tram to my nanas after the game and 3 men in there 40's tried to bottle me outside marks and spencers. I HATE THEM WITH A PASSION CAUSE THERE COWARDS!
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby yorkieblue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:59 pm

hate : any team that beats us, but especially the rags, both bin dippers and spuds.

Like/respect : arsenal play great footy.
Sunderland used to watch them many years ago with my best mate when i lived up in the north east.

West brom although not in premier always liked them ever since gary owen/peter barnes played for them.
City Till I Die

yorkieblue

My favourite player is: Carlos Tevezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Postby yorkieblue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:00 pm

hate : any team that beats us, but especially the rags, both bin dippers and spuds.

Like/respect : arsenal play great footy.
Sunderland used to watch them many years ago with my best mate when i lived up in the north east.

West brom although not in premier always liked them ever since gary owen/peter barnes played for them.
City Till I Die

yorkieblue

My favourite player is: Carlos Tevezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:23 pm

Hate: filth,Spurs, scouse filth, scouse 2 (100% a Moyes thing really...), SPURS, Bolton, Wigan, Pompey

Respect: West Ham, Fulham, Sunderland, Boro (im in the minority here), Arsenal, Villa, WBA

couldnt give a fucl about: Chelsea. End of.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:25 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Hate: filth,Spurs, scouse filth, scouse 2 (100% a Moyes thing really...), SPURS, Bolton, Wigan, Pompey

Respect: West Ham, Fulham, Sunderland, Boro(im in the minority here), Arsenal, Villa, WBA

Did you accidentally check last years league table to remind you of the teams before comprising that list?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:10 pm

mr_nool wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Hate: filth,Spurs, scouse filth, scouse 2 (100% a Moyes thing really...), SPURS, Bolton, Wigan, Pompey

Respect: West Ham, Fulham, Sunderland, Boro(im in the minority here), Arsenal, Villa, WBA

Did you accidentally check last years league table to remind you of the teams before comprising that list?

haha...i didn't really make any distinction with the yo-yo clubs i included...i think WBA and Boro fans, at least those i've met, are really passionate football supporters you can have great conversations with. i didn't include Newcastle in t

in short, i'm a time traveler, and i think by now you should know that. See you next year, tomorrow.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:18 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

haha...i didn't really make any distinction with the yo-yo clubs i included...i think WBA and Boro fans, at least those i've met, are really passionate football supporters you can have great conversations with. i didn't include Newcastle in t

in short, i'm a time traveler, and i think by now you should know that. See you next year, tomorrow.

cheers

;-)
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum