Which other Prem teams do you hate, respect ?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Which other Prem teams do you hate, respect ?

Postby Chinners » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Middlesboring have always been on my hate list, had serious mither every time I've been there ... bogdwelleng know-nothing bunch of cunts
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby CityGer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Hate the Rags and Spurs. Strange beause I've had three long overseas assignments through work and been close to a Spurs fan, doing the same assignment, on each one. All three are sound and I stay in touh with them. Just think that spurs fans have an inflated opinion of themselves and what their club should be achieving. I also find them particularly poisonous in some of their chants. No need to explain why I hate the rags. Not mad about Stoke but that's a fairly recent development.

Don't mind West Ham and Fulham doing well as long as it's not at our expense and Birmangham as I like Big Eck. I also respect Arsenal.

Don't have strong feelings either way about the rest. Geordies do my head in and they would be in the hate list if they were still in the Prem.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Hate:

Man Utd
Everton
Stoke
Spurs

Respect:

Villa
Arsenal
West Ham
Wolves

Like:

Burnley
(because my mate's a huge fan and he has a big soft spot for City, so I would like them to stay up for his sake.)
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby colonel_muck » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Liverpool are a weird one, if i'm on my own watching them, i really like them (well mainly in seasons gone by when they played nice stuff) but pretty much all my mates are liverpool fans and as already mentioned on this thread cannot stand talking football with them. mainly because of how they judge other fans ('villa fans are so shit', 'fulham haven't sold out this game') but how they go on about how great anfield is, and let me tell you that I have been there on a few of 'those european nights' and it has been class, although no better than a manchester derby, i have also been there for prem games against bolton and fulham and they make just as much (or little) noise as every other set of fans on a saturday. they've been lucky as fuck they always seem to have a fowler, owen or gerrard that comes through at the right time for them which is amazing considering how shit their acadamey is. although as i get told daily 'pacheco is gonna be world class', or 'spearing is the new gerrard apparently'. course he is.

I really like Fulham, mainly cos of the great escape a couple of years ago, also roy hodgson is a very likeable fellow who has that air of genius about him. the cottage is a great little ground always packed and so close to the pitch. would be nice if we could hold a lead against them one of these days.

Normally would have put Arsenal in the 'like' category, but I am now just bored of good football that doesn't really go anywhere. Plus Arsene Wenger is the most entertaining man in football so that has to count for something.

Was gutted when Newcastle went down as well, have had so many good times running into geordies around manchester after we've beaten them and they always take it in good humour, quite similar to city really.

I cannot stand West Bromwich Albion and hope they NEVER come back up even though they will every other year. Fuck off West Brom.

Would love to see Forest and Derby back up there in a stabilised fashion.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby eastlandsblue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:26 pm

dispise hate detest Spurs/Rags
Hate Scouse 1 and 2 Noblot Stoke
dont mind Arsenal Hammers Pompy Burnley and Hull
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Fish111 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:07 pm

Hate: Both Scouse teams, Blackburn, Bolton, Scum, Spurs, Pompey, Hull, Stoke, Chelsea, Wigan, Sunderland.

Tolerate: Burnley, West Ham, Villa, Birmingham, Fulham, Arsenal, Wolves.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby roadkill2487 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 pm

HATE with a passion: SPURS, Scum
HATE: Liverpool, Stoke, Newcastle
RESPECT: West Ham, Fulham(their manager is class), Everton(gotta love the yanks on the team), Arsenal (although Wenger can be a cock), Hull, Birmingham City
roadkill2487
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby King Kev » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:28 pm

I tend to base my feelings about a club on the fans. Therefore;

Hate
Stoke - Least knowledgeable fans in the world, totally ignorant about the beautiful game, bunch of thugs, just cunts really
Liverpool - Why do the media suck up to their fans? They are SHIT! Only sing when their winning, even then it's barely audible
Blackburn - Couldn't even fill their poxy ground in the season they won the league!
Wigan & Bolton - Shite football, shite following - and they play music when they score!!
Portsmouth - They care soooo much about their club they can't even fill their ground when they could be going out of business!! They were all there for the FA Cup final though!

Respect
West Ham - Slightly arrogant fans but good tradition and good support
Sunderland - Still remember when we relegated them at Maine Road but they out-sung us for the entire game plus 20 minutes after it
Fulham - Great tradition, constantly over-achieve and their fans must take all sorts of shite from London's bigger clubs.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby walmai » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:42 pm

No redeeming features whatsoever
Liverpool and Chelsea

Strongly Dislike, for different reasons
Wigan, Bolton, Fulham

Meh
All others not mentioned

Grudgingly respect
Arsenal, MUFC, Spuds

Respect
Sunderland. Your lot*.

*In years gone by, I wouldn't have had a bad word to say about any of you, to be honest, but, due to the fact that my old mate was in the away end for the recent Chelsea game, I met him in a pub with a lot of your other fans. The money's gone to a few heads. Only a few mind. Had to put a some straight on a few things.

However, had the great personal pleasure of meeting Kevin Cummins, so all not lost by a long chalk.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby gillie » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:46 pm

I dont hate anyone or anything but i genuinely dislike.
The Rags.
Spuds.
Scouse 1&2

I grudgingly admire Arsenal for their quite superb football.

As for the rest i am not bothered apart from West Ham who i have a soft spot for but dont tell Walmai lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Redna » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Hate is a strong word . Liverpool. I remember when we played the dippers in a cup , 87 or 88 when we had our golden coming generation. Lake ,White etc. If my memoryserves me in a proper way we lost 4nil and watching that game on swedish telly I remember I throw a candlestick against the wall and my old man went beserk.(Rightly so)
He later companied me to Maine road in the late 80's and last spring at CoMS for the HSV game.
I can't stand the dippers.
N.H is a diabolical team. I went to a game at the swamp with my cousin in 1989,spring. vs Wibledon and not saying I'm proud of attending the swamp but as I recall it was a mere 17000n offsprings there. Lowest for a very long time.

These two teams stands out

Not to bothered by any other team except for Chelsea as they are a fifth violin in the un tuned London amatuer orchestra but pretending to be No1
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby blootoof » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:44 pm

Bar West Ham I hate every club goin for one reason or another.

P.S. I've already voted for Dazby
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby JonnyAsh » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:16 am

I echo the common theme ie.

hate
Rags, Spuds, Scouse 1 + 2

ADMIRE
West Ham, Villa, Arsenal

I would like to ask what we think other fans think of us in terms of team / fans ?
I imagine the opinion may have shifted from everyone's second team to mild hate
and for us fans, wonder if they now think WE are arrogant ? Not though for one second do I think we are1
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby blootoof » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:23 am

JonnyAsh wrote:I echo the common theme ie.

hate
Rags, Spuds, Scouse 1 + 2

ADMIRE
West Ham, Villa, Arsenal

I would like to ask what we think other fans think of us in terms of team / fans ?
and for us fans, wonder if they now think WE are arrogant ? Not though for one second do I think we are1

They all hate us. The only reason we were liked in the first place was because we were crap and under 'the shadow' of those twats.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Colin the King » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:41 am

No time whatsoever for the filth (obviously), Liverpool, Stoke, Wigan or Bolton, who I used to think were alright but some of the Megson abuse was way over the top.

Respect to Sunderland (amazing fans, a really good bunch, although since Keane/Bruce I've gone off them a bit), West Ham (I think everyone bar their local rivals like them really, there's not a lot to dislike. Always there for their team, Upton Park is a top ground, great tradition. Clichéd but true), Fulham (recent record is dire though, let's put that right next Sunday), Villa (because their ground is my favourite in the league, fans are mostly a good laugh, and our record against them is top) and, unlike most, Everton. Always found their fans (well, as far as scousers go) decent enough and much more down to earth than their neighbours. Had a good laugh there last year and they took the defeat well.

Couldn't really care less about the rest. Used to hate Chelsea and all their glory hunters but that's the road we're heading down so can't say very much.
Colin the King

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:06 am

related. did you see Bolton play against Sunderland last weekend? i was actually really really impressed with the football they played. They may have gotten tonked but they played some really nice stuff, and Weiss looked really fantastic when he came on. i could watch that every weekend and even root for that team if they play like that week in and week out. Poor man's Arsenal. Clearly.

results will determine Coyle's success, but what a difference from the shit Megson was playing from what i saw. Same fuclin players. Very different match. And they got waxed, so kinda best of both worlds. :)

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ant london » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:52 am

Good thread this....ok then. My feelings in this come in several categories and I shall try to clarify them in my own head

Hate club and fans and manager: Spurs (no redeeming features....I was actually happy when Redknapp went there as I loathe the hateful red faced corrupt barrowboy fuckpuppet....him and the horrible club and abhorrent fans are well suited. Megacunts. I hope they have a plane crash).

Hate manager and fans: United (I actually don't really have an issue with United as a club, I hate them for tribal reasons but rationally they play good football and have been incredibly successful. I am insanely jealous of the time they've had in the sun and I hate them mainly due to the lack of grace shown by the support and manager. The fact that they cannot manage to be good losers or just gracious winners after all that success makes me detest them, but it is the people around the club I hate really. Gary Neville really is United through and through because he embodies everything I detest about the fans and manager. Players like Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs...even now Wayne Rooney....honestly I have no issue with them even though they are reds).

Liverpool (similar to United, I have a respect for what Liverpool have achieved. I've even semi wanted them to do well in Europe in the past. I like that they hate United but another set of fans with no class whatsoever. I hate scousers in general but I REALLY hate Liverpool fans. And I fucking HATE Benitez the silly blind, biased fucking Spanish twat)

Hate manager: Everton, Blackburn, Sunderland.....mostly by virtue of all being Taggart's fucking bumchums. All three of them are hateful little cunts

Hate the football: Joke City....anti football which has no place in the Premiership. And that chav Gillingham reject of a "manager" and his council estate style should fuck off too.

Hate the fans: Chelsea Rentboys (Twelve years in London and never met a pleasant Chelsea fan....says it all really. Even before Roman came they were cunts)

Don't hate club but find them an annoyance or an irrelevance: Hull City, Wigan Athletic, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Bolton Wanderers, Birmingham City

Actively quite like them: Arsenal (great football, nice ground and gooners are usually capable of having a reasonably rational footballing discussion). West Ham (great fans.....loads of banter and humour but capable of self-deprecation which eludes most other fans (take note Newcastle)....even before they went through the recent crisis and before they acquired a very likeable manager I had long liked West Ham)

Soft spot: Fulham (lovely ground, nice fans...favourite old uncle as manager, hilarious mentalist as owner...(read this... http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... -21774572/) if we had a less appalling record against them I might actively like them. Sunderland (hate the manager but soft spot due to Niall Quinn and formerly Peter Reid). Aston Villa (like O'Neill, like Villa Park, like their owner's modus operandi, like their fans......was willing them on to fourth last season actually, feel a bit sorry for them that we got Brewstered just as it looked like they would step up)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby walmai » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:32 am

Redna wrote:Hate is a strong word . Liverpool. I remember when we played the dippers in a cup , 87 or 88 when we had our golden coming generation. Lake ,White etc. If my memoryserves me in a proper way we lost 4nil

Not to bothered by any other team except for Chelsea as they are a fifth violin in the un tuned London amatuer orchestra but pretending to be No1
CTID!!

I went to that game. Liverpool walked it.

Much as it pains me to type this, old bean, but the only three teams to have won the league in the last 15 years are

1. Your neighbours and
2. Two members of the amateur orchestra
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby walmai » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:47 am

JonnyAsh wrote:I would like to ask what we think other fans think of us in terms of team / fans ?

Message boards aren't the best guide, but there is a big difference in MCF.net since the oil money came a-gushing. I was genuinely surprised by it. There are still the characters that you could, for instance, imagine coming across in a home pub before or after a match, but the argumentativeness between you lot is much plainer. (I had a hiatus due to lost password).

And that's because the sense of expectation has sky-rocketed. Face it, with present levels of investment, you should - if such things are actually predictable - be definite Champions League qualifiers. You should also be beating the likes of Stoke in the cup. And, so, when a winnable game is drawn, or still worse, lost, the underlying fear of humiliation and piss-taking reveals itself. And the in-fighting begins.

Of the 92 clubs in the English Leagues, the fans of 80 or more of them expect nothing from any given season. The chance of promotion is more thrilling than the prospect of a 12th place finish, even in the Prem. Only a very select number of teams routinely feature in the last stages of the domestic cups and its same old same old in terms of European qualification, Fulham apart.

So, there's bound to be a sentiment of 'you've bought it' amongst other fans, when you do win something. I still hope that you do, but that may be a minority wish amongst other team's fans.

Of course, if you don't win something in the next 1-3 seasons, there is going to be a lot of piss being taken, from the stands - especially if your attendances at home drop. That's what we all truly waste our time and money doing, in going to matches, winding up the fans of opposing teams. Its about the only thing that my club does well.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wooders » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:17 am

fucking hate with all my heart = Spurs - I hate them even more than UTD for various reasons
strong dislike
UTD, Wigan, Bolton, Newcastle

like - Villa, Fulham, West Ham, Birmingham, West Brom

I would like Everton if it wasn't for Moyes, Neville and Cahill
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum