BENZEMA (Spanish correspondents required!!)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: BENZEMA (Spanish correspondents required!!)

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:50 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:However, because a player moves to a big club, doesn’t necessarily mean he has or gets an ego. Many of us on here castigated Bellamy before he arrived because of issues earlier in his career. But I would suggest he is no different a person because he has moved to us. He still gets his point across in a similar fashion on the field, and the repetitive off the field baggage (other than alleged disagreements with Bobby) are a thing of the past.

To be honest though Manx that's not a good comparison because you can't really compare Bellers to anyone...he's a one off...and his ego comes with a workrate that is unequalled...if any of them Madrid wasters had half his attitude then they would be the winners they should be

Who would you use to compare?

An ego without the work ethic

Hmmmm...Robinho? ;-)

As soon as I sent that, I thought that's who you'd come back with!!
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Esky » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I think Madrid are a classic example of a blueprint we definitely don't want to follow here at City...because lets face it...with the money we have to splash around and if we get CL...all those egos could be heading our way

I think if your defence is good enough you can just about get away with it but the 'egos' have to actually perform to keep the pressure off them. Of that bunch only Ronaldo (it pains me to say) IS actually as good as he's made out to be. The rest are either overrated or promising.

Anyone see Eden Hazard v Scousethugs btw? At 19, looks like a fantastic talent to me; Robinho with pace, strength & a set piece delivery. Belgian too so VK should know all about him. Have a look City & do it quickly.

A friend of mine at work is originally from Lille. Hazard and another midfielder with a name similar to Benzema are meant to be very exciting prospects; some of the best in Ligue Un. So he says anyhow.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Esky wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I think Madrid are a classic example of a blueprint we definitely don't want to follow here at City...because lets face it...with the money we have to splash around and if we get CL...all those egos could be heading our way

I think if your defence is good enough you can just about get away with it but the 'egos' have to actually perform to keep the pressure off them. Of that bunch only Ronaldo (it pains me to say) IS actually as good as he's made out to be. The rest are either overrated or promising.

Anyone see Eden Hazard v Scousethugs btw? At 19, looks like a fantastic talent to me; Robinho with pace, strength & a set piece delivery. Belgian too so VK should know all about him. Have a look City & do it quickly.

A friend of mine at work is originally from Lille. Hazard and another midfielder with a name similar to Benzema are meant to be very exciting prospects; some of the best in Ligue Un. So he says anyhow.

They were saying on Talksport yesterday he's bound for Real or Arsenal when he leaves

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby btajim » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:00 pm

mr_nool wrote:I still hold a grudge against Kaka and his advisors after last year's January transfer window. Don't want him here.

I'd forgive him if he signed.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:24 pm

btajim wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I still hold a grudge against Kaka and his advisors after last year's January transfer window. Don't want him here.

I probably will too to be honest. But only if he plays better then what he's doing in Madrid at the moment.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Re: BENZEMA! (Spanish correspondents required!!)

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:24 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Thank fuck for that.

Get Him in.

NOW,He would be perfect for us do not let him go to the rags.

Amen.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CityGer » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:28 pm

Kaka has been awful whenever I have seen him this season. I never bought into the hype about him and felt he was overated by the majority of people.

I'd take Benzema but he's not lived up to expectations I had after seeing him in the flesh a couple of times a couple of years ago. Maybe a long run in a side and a more settled environment would help im recapture his form.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:18 pm

mr_nool wrote:
btajim wrote:

I probably will too to be honest. But only if he plays better then what he's doing in Madrid at the moment.

I agree with all of these posts.

But can someone correct me if I'm wrong or did Kaka say in the summer something like "I left Milan 'cause they needed the money"?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ashton287 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:14 pm

I'd have him for less then what Madrid payed for him, it's not like were overrun with creative players at the moment is it. If we can get him for a decent price I say go for it. It will also show how far the club has come in a season aswell.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby getdressedmctavish » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Bullin up footballers is a fools activity. At the end of the day few of the europeans come ready made. They have to be willing to work at it to make it in the prem, otherwise big keen lads from the likes of Stoke and Hull walk all over them. Look and learn from Robinho who I predicted would be disastrous for both Hughes and City from the beginning. Team building isn't about buying the biggest names, its about players complementing each other so that the whole functions better than the individuals. A great manager knows this which is why Joe was and Malcolm wasn't. Does anyone think I'm living in the past?
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Just been on Sport.es which, as we know is a Barcelona based sports news site.

just update...they reckon Benzema is indeed available at just over €20 Million. Have any of the other Spanish papers got anything similar??

Manx Blue

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Manx Blue wrote:Just been on Sport.es which, as we know is a Barcelona based sports news site.

just update...they reckon Benzema is indeed available at just over €20 Million. Have any of the other Spanish papers got anything similar??

Bargain I say.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mike J » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:19 pm

if true we would be insane not to go for him.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Benzema or Villa is the question, with Villa being allowed to leave Valencia at the end of the season for around 40mill do you not think he might be a better choice than Benzema?

There was also a report saying United had turned down the chance to sign Villa last week, even more proof that they are in the shit haha.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Benzema or Villa is the question, with Villa being allowed to leave Valencia at the end of the season for around 40mill do you not think he might be a better choice than Benzema?

There was also a report saying U***d had turned down the chance to sign Villa last week, even more proof that they are in the shit haha.

Villa is 28, Benzema has just turned 22. There's the difference. Oh, and I don't think Villa wants to leave Spain at all meaning he'd be unhappy from the off.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:39 pm

Iv got a feelin Benzema will be shit in the Prem..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Benzema or Villa is the question, with Villa being allowed to leave Valencia at the end of the season for around 40mill do you not think he might be a better choice than Benzema?

There was also a report saying U***d had turned down the chance to sign Villa last week, even more proof that they are in the shit haha.

Yes and no....They can probably only affored one major purchase, and have indicated the want Silva from Valencia. Real also want Silva, and would need to bring a few bob in to assist with that thus making Benzema "expendable".

So we may well enter a bidding war with that lot for Benzema

Manx Blue

Postby Slim » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Villa is 28, Benzema has just turned 22. There's the difference. Oh, and I don't think Villa wants to leave Spain at all meaning he'd be unhappy from the off.

Villa is a fucking machine. I would take him over Benzema any day and twice on derby day.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stockportblue » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Top post mate couldnt agree with you more.City need to look at whats lacking and buy to fill the problem areas not buy big names to keep the fans excited.
stockportblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: stephen ireland

Postby dazlebluefrog » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:40 pm

i saw an article in "l'equipe" sports paper about 10 days ago saying baconface was after getting him on loan next season then last week it said Real wanted the money (35mill ),AC had also been mentioned as a possible move for him, i think we should get him just to piss baconface right off , nearly all the frogs that come over take time to find their form, will we the fans let him have the time to blend in ?
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum