Speaketh the Halfwit(robinho may have to return early)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Speaketh the Halfwit(robinho may have to return early)

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:52 pm

I refer the honorable members to my earlier comments on the matter:-

[border]Posted 17th Jan

I don't know enough about his earlier career. I know that Real Madrid kept telling him that he was the one that the team would be built around and felt betrayed when they were obviously saying the same stuff to Ronaldo. Is he one of those players who've been constantly flattered throughout their formative years - fawning sycophants going on about how he was the future of Real Madrid, Brazil etc?

Or was he constantly reminded of the need to keep working his bollocks off if he expected to be the best?

I mean this seriously, with us he has the chance to prove that he really is one of the worlds greats. But to do so he must adapt to the conditions and overcome them: not expect conditions to adapt to him. Should he fail with us he may well go to Barca or similar and be a great player for them. But he will always carry that shadow of being a great player in a great team, not a true great in himself.

At the moment he has problems. He may well be coming back from injury, he's not the first and won't be the last. It's a shame that he didn't take his chance today. A class goal to revive his team in a difficult situation might have been just the stimulus to kick-start his season and be seen as the turning point in the upward march of City: but it didn't happen and became less and less effective and more easily bullied as the game went on.

Mancini has an interesting problem. He could well decide that the solution is to show faith when all else are losing it, confident that in the end it'll work out and the rewards will see City climb to a higher plane. However, show too much faith, to the detriment of the team and results, and Mancini loses his job. Robhino would then be labelled as the man who got Mancini the sack - and then where would he be?

On the other hand - and this could be my dirty mind coming into play - Mancini could be building up to a conversation with the higher ups along the lines of "I've given him every chance, but, talented as the guy is, we'll win nothing with him -let's get rid."[/border]
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:I refer the honorable members to my earlier comments on the matter:-

[border]Posted 17th Jan

I don't know enough about his earlier career. I know that Real Madrid kept telling him that he was the one that the team would be built around and felt betrayed when they were obviously saying the same stuff to Ronaldo. Is he one of those players who've been constantly flattered throughout their formative years - fawning sycophants going on about how he was the future of Real Madrid, Brazil etc?

Or was he constantly reminded of the need to keep working his bollocks off if he expected to be the best?

I mean this seriously, with us he has the chance to prove that he really is one of the worlds greats. But to do so he must adapt to the conditions and overcome them: not expect conditions to adapt to him. Should he fail with us he may well go to Barca or similar and be a great player for them. But he will always carry that shadow of being a great player in a great team, not a true great in himself.

At the moment he has problems. He may well be coming back from injury, he's not the first and won't be the last. It's a shame that he didn't take his chance today. A class goal to revive his team in a difficult situation might have been just the stimulus to kick-start his season and be seen as the turning point in the upward march of City: but it didn't happen and became less and less effective and more easily bullied as the game went on.

Mancini has an interesting problem. He could well decide that the solution is to show faith when all else are losing it, confident that in the end it'll work out and the rewards will see City climb to a higher plane. However, show too much faith, to the detriment of the team and results, and Mancini loses his job. Robhino would then be labelled as the man who got Mancini the sack - and then where would he be?

On the other hand - and this could be my dirty mind coming into play - Mancini could be building up to a conversation with the higher ups along the lines of "I've given him every chance, but, talented as the guy is, we'll win nothing with him -let's get rid."[/border]

Are you sure you didn't steal that from me mate, but mine was just 2 lines long?

I still think Robinho can do a job, if Mancini can utilise him.
I still think Robinho can do a job, if Mancini can utilise him.

Yes, I used to have to right out the Yellow Pages when in detention every night ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby dikdik » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:23 pm

I'd use the devil himself if he got us into fourth place.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Wooders » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:28 pm

he's pissed on his chips here by not taking the club seriously. It will be something he will look back on as a mistake in his career
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:49 am

Would fucking love him back. Still my fav player and nobody excites like this boy on form.

Yeah he's been a pussy and moaned, but some of the brilliance he delivered last season would sure liven up the dross we've been seeing recently.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Esky » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:21 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I say we get Lil Ze to sort his soft arse out...

No dice.
(See what I did there?)
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:53 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Would fucking love him back. Still my fav player and nobody excites like this boy on form.

Yeah he's been a pussy and moaned, but some of the brilliance he delivered last season would sure liven up the dross we've been seeing recently.

We are on course to at least top six finish. Last year we finished fookin 10th with "his brilliance".
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:03 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Would fucking love him back. Still my fav player and nobody excites like this boy on form.

We are on course to at least top six finish. Last year we finished fookin 10th with "his brilliance".

Hmmm yeah all we did was dump robinho and instantly improve.

He may have underwhelmed this season but anyone doubting his ability is an idiot, the boy can obviously play. Whether he wants to you can question, but his ability you cannot.

We were relegated twice with kinky by the way.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Poor attempt Antti. Very poor.
Robinho is still a twat btw, just don't think our current league position has anything whatsoever to do with fucking him off.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Manx Blue » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:22 pm

Robini-Who?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Kladze » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Hmmm yeah all we did was dump robinho and instantly improve.

He may have underwhelmed this season but anyone doubting his ability is an idiot, the boy can obviously play. Whether he wants to you can question, but his ability you cannot.

We were relegated twice with kinky by the way.

More than a bit simplistic that.

Kinkladze had the excuse that he was playing with bloody awful team mates (in the main). Robinho can't offer the same excuse.

Royle also left Kinkladze out for the run in of our second relegation campaign, when he may have been the man to get us the few extra points we needed.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Beeks » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:43 am

He's now warning players against us...what a tit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... elsea.html
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:47 am

Fidel Castro wrote:

Robinho is still a twat btw, just don't think our current league position has anything whatsoever to do with fucking him off.

Looking at our wing options, Jinky, Amy Bell and Shaunie, I'm bloody delighted he isn't there and manager almost HAVING to throw him in at some stage. So yes, in a way I feel we are better off without him.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:49 am

Fidel Castro wrote:

Looking at our wing options, Jinky, Amy Bell and Shaunie, I'm bloody delighted he isn't there and manager almost HAVING to throw him in at some stage. So yes, in a way I feel we are better off without him.

Maybe we are. But I don't think you can blame him for finishing tenth last season.
Fidel Castro

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:54 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:

Maybe we are. But I don't think you can blame him for finishing tenth last season.

My point is that it's a bloody team game. And he is not a team player.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:02 am

My point is that it's a bloody team game. And he is not a team player.

Good bloody anger

And I happen to bloody agree
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:04 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:He's now warning players against us...what a tit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... elsea.html

he does remember we are STILL his club right...and that he WILL have to come back to us again right....

*sigh*

what a twunt.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:09 am

I really wish Robinho would produce his best, consistantly, with City but I agree that if he was here now, Mancini would feel he had to play him at some point & if he had one of his many off days, it could cost us the Chumps lg. Not only that, it would leave Mancini open to criticism for playing him & cause all manner of unrest, perhaps with Robinho getting it in the neck from fans for not trying.

Whatever the future brings for Robinho, getting him out of the way for now could have been Mancini's smartest move.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum