Keep that Chelsea spirit, Tevez urges Blues

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Keep that Chelsea spirit, Tevez urges Blues

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:19 pm

Carlos Tevez is urging his team-mates to apply their big-match quality to the bread-and-butter games so that City can clinch a precious Champions League berth next season.

The Blues head north to Sunderland on Sunday with fans still buzzing over the spectacular 4-2 victory at Stamford Bridge that wrecked Premier League leaders Chelsea's home record.

But while City's record this season ranks them only second to Chelsea in a mini-league of the big four's results, vital points have been lost against teams from outside the elite.

Tevez admitted: "Against the bigger teams we've been playing very well and we've had some great results, but with the so-called weaker teams we have not done so well - not necessarily because we have not played so well, but because the result has not gone our way.

"The thing now is for us to make sure we keep calling on the spirit that we showed at Chelsea, and continue to play the way we are doing.

"We must show that same character and personality so that we can win the game at Sunderland and keep up our challenge for the fourth place."

His double strike at Stamford Bridge, bringing his 20th and 21st goals of the campaign, came after Carlos was named Etihad Player of the Month for January by fans in a landslide vote.

Tevez was presented with his celebratory champagne yesterday and told Etihad competition winner Anthony Garth from Oldham that Argentina idol Maradona was his inspiration.

He said: "Obviously it's important that I score goals, but I think it is more important for the group that the team plays well and continues to play well.

"As for working hard, if I don't score, then I have to run after the ball and try to win it from the opposition. So that's a part of my game I have to concentrate on and try to do well."

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Keep that Chelsea spirit, Tevez urges Blues

Postby Crossie » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:37 pm

11 of you please with this £1Bn
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny