The Front Six - 2010/11

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Front Six - 2010/11

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Likely that we will play with a keeper and 4 defenders next season, big surprise there! Started to think about what would be in front of them next season and what/who I would like to see.

Of the players we have at present I see DeJong and Tevez as must starts next season. This gives lots of options for current players to prove themselves over this season’s final run in as well as opening the door for new signings.

Taking the midfield first I’d like to see a creative midfielder who is also able to tackle. The closest we have IMO is Ireland though this season he has been inconsistent so Mancini will have to buy for that position. Keep Ireland because he is too good to let go and it is a squad game. If no to Fabregas (only 22!) then possibly Hamsik (22) from Napoli has the ability to step in whilst also having the desire to improve himself as the Club grows.

Barry as a reserve for DeJong (not as tenacious but a better passer). Left and right midfield – difficult as they need to be quick, able to cross a ball and play their part defensively. Bellamy, Johnson and SWP fit the bill to a point at present but are they able to take us to the next level and will fitness prove an issue in an overcrowded fixture list. Would Di Maria (22) or Ribery (26) take us to the next level or is there someone else out there that would?

Up front, remembering that goals win matches IMO Tevez has to be a starter, playing in a two up front or behind a striker. In 'partnership' with Tevez we need to improve on the current options we have. Adebayor (inconsistent but could be a world beater) and Santa Cruz (too many injuries and not delivered when he has played) are squad players. We need pace, goal scoring and hunger. Torres (25) or Benzema (22) spring instantly to mind but is there anyone 'under the radar'? We do though need to have a plan B in case of injury, ‘loss of form’, or suspension and this is where the squad come in, a good youngster who is preparted to learn and develop would be an attractive addition if we could find the right up and coming player. Has David Ball (19) or John Guidetti (17) who are already at the Club got what it takes? Would Inter be prepared to let Balotelli (19) go and would he come with no guarantee of getting a starting position?

Exciting times.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Re: The Front Six - 2010/11

Postby getdressedmctavish » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Switched off at second para. If anyone thinks de Jong is a must start they must be terminally feckin blind. On the other hand, as a style statement, if I was lookin for some classy wheels or considerin a tatoo, yeh, top man.This has got to be an attempt (successful lol)to wind me up. Jason hasn''t joined has he?
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum